Coloured DualShock 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

A few questions about both the red & blue variants of the dualshock 4.

At present, the 'first' controllers light bar will emit blue light whilst the second players controller will emit red light.

My question is: what are the chances sony will introduce an option to switch these colours around (for example if you have two red controllers).

Personally, I am fond of the red controller & therefore wish I had the option to have a red light being emitted whilst I am the only player playing.

Also, are these controllers limited edition or something? There doesn't seem to be too many of them around.

blooiskewl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 blooiskewl
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@vpacalypse: I love the blue variant! I hope we also have the choice to disable the light.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

The light color is determined by the game developer while in game so I don't think Sony has control over the light outside of when you're navigating the home screen.

vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

Sure I can understand that much @The_Rick_14

I was sort of hoping for something whilst you would be on home screen though.

I hope they implement this into a future update or something, along with a larger variety of more coloured controllers available for purchase (black is bland to me).

I'm sure people would love being able to choose a custom colour for their light bar if they were presented with the opportunity.

Just how many colours can the light bar emit now? All I know is yellow, red, blue & green.