This topic is locked from further discussion.

khaled7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 khaled7
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts

what's the difference between the two?

potterpipi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#2 potterpipi
Member since 2005 • 16597 Posts

COD4 is far better in every way :P

Warhawk is just an online game, with ok graphics, that let you take the role of foot soldiers, tanks, and planes.

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#3 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
COD4 Warhawk tries to give arcade sort of fun which it achieves admirably but it does get repetetive.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

Warhawk is just an online game, with ok graphics, that let you take the role of foot soldiers, tanks, and planes.

potterpipi

COD4 is just a FPS that allows you too shot other people with different weapons.

Happy?

IMO Warhawk is better. Far (and I mean WAY far) more intense that COD4. Just wait until you get the flag and you enter a hot stop. The entire game (32 players) will be around you shooting.

So warhawk graphics aren't the best? Bo-ho! The gameplay and the expansions make it the best online game PS3 has.

Who doesn't want to drive a tank, a car, a plane, a dropship and a APC all in the same game? Plus the fact of foot battles being intense with all this elements in action around you.

Dude, Warhawk FTW!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc24faac533d
deactivated-5cc24faac533d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 deactivated-5cc24faac533d
Member since 2007 • 691 Posts

potterpipi

You, sir, need to get around more. COD4 is a far different game that Warhawk.

In CoD4 you get to run around, shoot guns, throw grenades, knife people... well thats really all. I have heard numerous people say it got boring fast.

Warhawk, on the other hand, is far more expansive. The levels are full of hidden nooks and crannys. The balance of the game is unquestionably the most well done thing. No one, no matter their level of skill, is untouchable. The vehicles only add to the fun as full battles can be fought not only in the air but on the ground. The learning curve is a bit steep but if you can get past it its well worth the time and effort.

CoD4 lost my interest the first time I played online. I would rent and try both games before making a decision.

potterpipi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 potterpipi
Member since 2005 • 16597 Posts
lol, see? It's all about opinion. Though, if you just wait, and ask on the 360 boards, you'll see everybody loves COD4 :P Best shooter graphics on a console for now.
yakk_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 yakk_3
Member since 2005 • 1442 Posts
I haven't played Warhawk but if you are at all into shooters, you will love Call of Duty.
Colts_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Colts_Rock
Member since 2007 • 338 Posts
ummm the difference is that they are different genres
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogerjak
[QUOTE="potterpipi"]

LatusItani

You, sir, need to get around more. COD4 is a far different game that Warhawk.

In CoD4 you get to run around, shoot guns, throw grenades, knife people... well thats really all. I have heard numerous people say it got boring fast.

Warhawk, on the other hand, is far more expansive. The levels are full of hidden nooks and crannys. The balance of the game is unquestionably the most well done thing. No one, no matter their level of skill, is untouchable. The vehicles only add to the fun as full battles can be fought not only in the air but on the ground. The learning curve is a bit steep but if you can get past it its well worth the time and effort.

CoD4 lost my interest the first time I played online. I would rent and try both games before making a decision.

Thank you sir, for putting some brains in here.

In COD4 if you are good, you are untouchable. In Warhawk to be untouchable...well lets just say you need to be REALLY GOOD to be untouchable.

Warhawk is a mix of combat styles. You say "Butt teh Weaponz r not LOTZ liek in COAD4!" So what? You have a riffle,pistol, flamethrower, knife, grenades, ROcket luncher, mines, Sniper and Binoculars which are a Air Strike pointer. Doesn't it cover ALL the weapons you need? It does.

With update 1.3 (which is free) you get 2 more weapons : The Bio-field that heals you and your comrades and hurts your enemies and the wrench that fixes vehicles. Now,both of this weapons add an HUMONGOUS strategy to the game. You now have this 2 weapons that are group oriented and are a must in rushing enemy bases.

With the payed expansions you get a load of new layouts and 2 new maps and 2 new group oriented vehicles!The APC, which is a big ass truck that allows your team mates to spawn inside of it's protection and gives them weapons. This APC is able to generate a Force field that is immune to bullets and missiles from the outside, but lets you fire them to the outside!! it's awesome to invade enemy bases and transport large amounts of people (up to 7 including you).

The dropship is a big ass ship that allows you to carry 7 players including you! It can withstand large amounts of missiles and bullets. It also has this great function : a magnet that allows you to transport tanks and cars! So you can transport a car full of players + 7 more players in the ship!!

The game also has a kick ass achievement engine! You can win Ribbons,badges and medals. Ribbons are distribuit in the end of every round and give you bonus points. Badges are weapon oriented. For example, if you kill 1000 players with a riffle you get the "Riffle Master" badge. And you have medals. Which are the hardest to win.

Now tell me this isn't AWESOME?

BTW, to get both the APC and the dropship (plus 2 new maps and I think 15 to 20 layouts) you need to buy the 11 bucks bundle.

COD4...shot people with different weapons that can be more strong than others!! :o

MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MiiforWii
Member since 2007 • 1012 Posts
COD4 was my first PS3 game, and it was a good first game. But once I bought Warhawk I haven't played COD4 since... So Warhawk is more fun IMO. However, they both are different games, very different. I suggest you rent both if to find out which kind of game you wanna buy in the end.
WhyuStillAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WhyuStillAlive
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts
They're both good games. one week I will play CoD4 then the next week I get bored and play Warhawk. With the new expansion Warhawk just got better so I play that more right now just waiting for CoD4 map pack :lol:
ZaroRansolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZaroRansolo
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

In my opinion cod4 is better, better maps, weapons, challenges.

But Warhawk is still mint, being able to fly a plane and drive tanks and jeeps is mint while being online, and with over 32 people being able to be on a server at once, it's crazy. Warhawk is pretty restricted when it comes to other things though, the weapons are pretty bad, the maps are not really that fun to play, they've brought out 2 new ones, Omega dawn and the ice map, but not sure of the name, and they're good, very big though.

But meh, it's just my opinion that cod4 is better online than warhawk.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rogerjak

In my opinion cod4 is better, better maps, weapons, challenges.

But Warhawk is still mint, being able to fly a plane and drive tanks and jeeps is mint while being online, and with over 32 people being able to be on a server at once, it's crazy. Warhawk is pretty restricted when it comes to other things though, the weapons are pretty bad, the maps are not really that fun to play, they've brought out 2 new ones, Omega dawn and the ice map, but not sure of the name, and they're good, very big though.

But meh, it's just my opinion that cod4 is better online than warhawk.

ZaroRansolo
You should play in the smaller layouts!
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
CoD4 and Warhawk are completely different games. I much prefer CoD4 and actually haven't play Warhawk a ton. I think I'm a victim of no single player mission in Warhawk. I get into Warhawk and just feel like I'm missing out on something.
swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts
got bored of COD4 after my first few times online with it, it's just the same old FPS formula. Warhawk, on the other hand, is still going strong for me, I love the intensity and the MAAANY different ways to play that game, it's just sick. The single player in COD4 is only 5 hours long and can be easily beaten on a single rental with no need to go back and play single player again, I find the online to be really repetitive, spawn, frag someone, get fragged, respaw, respawn, respawn. With Warhawk you can get in a tank, jeep, badass jet, missle/gun turrets, dropship, APC, then get on foot, grab a RPG and take out a warhawk or ground vehicle, plant mines, call in airstrikes, snipe, knife, run and gun... pretty much unlimited possibilities. It really is one of the deepest online experiences ever. I also find the graphics in Warhawk to be excellent, try flying a Warhawk up above the clouds, then boost down to the ground water, and see the detail and no lag. Warhawk also has so much going on on screen at any given time, awesome explosions, air to ground, ground to air, ground to ground WAR going on on screen all at once with 0 lag/drop if framerate. Warhawk is just awesome, and the updates and mappacks/vehicle packs have kept it fresh and breezy.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogerjak

got bored of COD4 after my first few times online with it, it's just the same old FPS formula. Warhawk, on the other hand, is still going strong for me, I love the intensity and the MAAANY different ways to play that game, it's just sick. The single player in COD4 is only 5 hours long and can be easily beaten on a single rental with no need to go back and play single player again, I find the online to be really repetitive, spawn, frag someone, get fragged, respaw, respawn, respawn. With Warhawk you can get in a tank, jeep, badass jet, missle/gun turrets, dropship, APC, then get on foot, grab a RPG and take out a warhawk or ground vehicle, plant mines, call in airstrikes, snipe, knife, run and gun... pretty much unlimited possibilities. It really is one of the deepest online experiences ever. I also find the graphics in Warhawk to be excellent, try flying a Warhawk up above the clouds, then boost down to the ground water, and see the detail and no lag. Warhawk also has so much going on on screen at any given time, awesome explosions, air to ground, ground to air, ground to ground WAR going on on screen all at once with 0 lag/drop if framerate. Warhawk is just awesome, and the updates and mappacks/vehicle packs have kept it fresh and breezy.swordfish_64
You made a tear run down my eye.

I totally forgot to mention the ZERO screan tearing, the ZERO lag, ZERO framerate drops with 32 players killing each other at the same time in the same section of the screen with different vehicles, no chokes on the sound and the simply beautiful and detailed(yes, detailed. You need to get on foot to see them) maps

Game_acro_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Game_acro_1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
COD4.Warhawk is for guay seriously a lot of my friends buy tis game only for the Bluetooth and play the game for like 2 minutes and go back to COD4. Theirs like 3 times more people playing online in COD4 the gameplay is far better the graphics are insane and with the new update that coming out thursday 4 new maps will be avaible people gonna stay addicted for a long long more time in this game.
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
CoD4 is good but its the same old FPS gameplay. Warhawk offers much more variety in playstyles, is the most balanced multiplayer game available, and requires lots of strategy plus teamwork. The stat tracking in Warhawk is unparallelled as are the rewards. IMO Warhawk is the best multiplayer game on the ps3 hands down