cod online problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

projectpata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 projectpata
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I've searched and read many forums and articles about ps3 call of duty online issues..unfortunately I'm experiencing similar ones but I can't figure it out and it's extremely frustrating. I have a ps3 80gb with the new call of duty connected with hi speed cable. Our isp hooked the cable up with a Netgear router but it's a combo modem/router (NetGear Model: CG814GCMR). The cable is 10mb down / 1mb up with 100% signal strength. Every time I get online with call of duty I enter a game by myself waiting for other players knowing it basically didn't work. I've gone through the manual setup of establishing a static ip on my ps3 I've assigned it 192.162.0.200…knowing I need it to be out the DHCP range but I don't really know my DHCP range or how to determine it. In addition, I've used www.portforward.com to open ports for call of duty (28960), in the past I used (3054), and the Playstation Network ports (80,443,5223,3478,3478,3658 ) designated to that static ip address. Also, I've tried setting up a DMZ host which seems very simple because the router settings has a DMZ host tab which has a box that says "Respond to ping on WAN port" then a box to enter the static ip address. Seems simple and I've applied it but it hasn't work. We've tried wireless and wired connections with dynamic ips and static ips. I've also ran network setup many times through the easy configuration and custom in different ways. Although it has worked a couple times as in 3 or 4 times and I can't exactly remember but I'm pretty sure it was using a dynamic ip address. I've gone through trial and error like a mother..and nothing seems to consistently work. Every single one of my other games works online. I successfully connect to the internet everytime and it's always under NAT2. Either it's a very simple issue I'm overlooking or something I've never heard of. All in all I feel like I need to just replace the dual action router thing and get a modem and a decent Linksys router, but this is most of the background I can offer and I hope someone can figure out what the hell is wrong..

Netgear 54mbps Wireless Internet Gateway (Model: CG814GCMR)

Cable isp 10mb down/1mb up

projectpata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 projectpata
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
bump
scarby23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 scarby23
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I am having problems with the same device as well and NetGear does not offer tech support for the device, they tell you to contact your ISP. Seems like this divice is a nightmare for gamers. :(
scarby23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 scarby23
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
1. you need to connect to your modem/router where it asks for a "user name" and a "password"

2. when you are asked to enter your "user name" and "password" (DO NOT USE ADMIN) when you are using admin as your user name some features of your modem/router are left out so you will use a different "user name"

3. for the "user name" please put (superuser) and the "password" will be (password)

4. when you are finally logged in as (superuser) on the left hand side you will see a menu and in the menu you will now see a few new options available that didn't exist when you were logged in as "admin"

5. please select "services" under "filtering"

6. you now see a list of features and look for "firewall features"

7. when you see "firewall features" it should be checked/enabled

8. on "firewall features" please leave it unchecked/disabled

9. go to the bottom and apply your settings

10 please loggout of your modem/router

11. now unplug your modem/router for about 2 minutes and then plug it back in.

12. now enjoy your issues being fixed

Comments are accepted
Compliments are accepted
Feedback is accepted

You Are Now Free To Enjoy Your Netgear Modem/Router

*Fixes*

1. Now Able To Host Games or Servers

2. Now Able To Load Servers

3. Now Able To Play In Other Peoples Servers

4. Now Able To View All Servers

5. Now Able To Load Faster When Connecting To Servers
tweaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tweaq
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
My friend is having mic problems on XBL. I know this is a ps3 thread but still, it seems very related to the router. It is the same model and he has disabled the firewall functions, which did fix the Halo3 connection. I've googled my heart out and haven't found anything mic related. But his mic skips during voice chat (like there is lag or its cutting him off after every word) and is sped up when he records voice messages.
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
My friend is having mic problems on XBL. I know this is a ps3 thread but still, it seems very related to the router. It is the same model and he has disabled the firewall functions, which did fix the Halo3 connection. I've googled my heart out and haven't found anything mic related. But his mic skips during voice chat (like there is lag or its cutting him off after every word) and is sped up when he records voice messages.tweaq
no need to start zombie threads D= try posting this in the hardware section though. People will know more
bp-rya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bp-rya
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

OMG TY so much for this man, ive been having those problems forever where it would constaly join empty servers. Just found this post and tried it out, worked like a charm. I would suggest anyone else having these problems to give this a try.