Chrono Cross to PSP?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zellus104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 zellus104
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

I was wondering if Square Enix is planning to do this in the near future, after hearing about the Chrono Trigger being made for the DS. But I was wondering if they could fit the whole game onto a portable system. Everything else I trully believe the psp can pull off. I seen what they did with Crisis Core and I really think the psp could handle the grapics and cg cutscenes for Chrono Cross. Ehh but the only doubt in my mind is if they can fit all the content onto a portable system.

Thoughts?

Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts
umd disk can contain 1.8gb data if i'm right so having 2-disc game with all content is no problem. Chrono Cross graphics are still good i think, they were the best at its time and aged better than the most...
zellus104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zellus104
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

umd disk can contain 1.8gb data if i'm right so having 2-disc game with all content is no problem. Chrono Cross graphics are still good i think, they were the best at its time and aged better than the most...TheLegendKnight

But there are games with better graphical quality than Chrono Cross, that are on the psp. I bet they could do it.

Darth_Tic-Tac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Darth_Tic-Tac
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts
We're talking about Square Enix, they surely can do it. And probably they will do it eventually, as nowadays they really treat the PSP nicely. We get a lot of Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 3 is PSP-exclusive (yummie :D)... Let's hope it's on their to-do list. ;)
Yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Yorro
Member since 2007 • 715 Posts

Too bad we can't post Illegal stuff here.

Aside from that, Chrono Cross is one of the best PS1 games ever. And I would love to see it on the PSP, legally.

someone6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 someone6669
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts
It is almost as if Square Enix and Sony HATE our money. There are so manyPS1games that i'd love to buy for the PSP, and i KNOW that they can run (my friends are playing them illegally already), but retarded Sony and Square Enix are simply not doing anything to make it happen. Good job, retards
Darth_Tic-Tac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Darth_Tic-Tac
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts

It is almost as if Square Enix and Sony HATE our money. There are so manyPS1games that i'd love to buy for the PSP, and i KNOW that they can run (my friends are playing them illegally already), but retarded Sony and Square Enix are simply not doing anything to make it happen. Good job, retardssomeone6669

Look, Sony has a lot of opportunities. They could port a lot of PS and PS2 games on the PSP. They could give us entirely new games. They could give the PSP new features with firmware updates. And these things kinda follow each other slowly. Also, the flagship product of Sony is the PS3, and as such PS3 users get a lot more care then us. Accept these facts and stop calling them retards. Surely they can't be so bad if you bought their product. I mean, you wouldn't buy anything from a retard would you?

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
It is almost as if Square Enix and Sony HATE our money. There are so manyPS1games that i'd love to buy for the PSP, and i KNOW that they can run (my friends are playing them illegally already), but retarded Sony and Square Enix are simply not doing anything to make it happen. Good job, retardssomeone6669
theyd probably rather do it for ds where their gonna make oodles of money. since ds is selling like madness right now.
ArmoredBreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ArmoredBreaker
Member since 2008 • 169 Posts
Great times from chrono cross, they really could do this. Some games of the PSP have graphics as the same as the PS2 games.Not only they could do the game but add more content too!
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts
well there is two solution either u wait or , i won't say it
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#11 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts

Aside from that, Chrono Cross is one of the best PS1 games ever. And I would love to see it on the PSP, legally.

Yorro

Can't you play PS1 games on the PSP through the PS3's remote play?

DarthAror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 DarthAror
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts
[QUOTE="Yorro"]

white_sox

Can't you play PS1 games on the PSP through the PS3's remote play?

Or you can just download them from the PC (I mean the PC Sony store), though I don't think they have Chrono Cross. But seriously... Just... do it. God.

VHRS05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 VHRS05
Member since 2008 • 542 Posts
I think Sony won't be able to do those things yet since they are a bit busy with the upcoming games. But who knows maybe we'll see Chrono Cross on PSP legally someday.
david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts

Yorro
Yeah, that'd make this thread much simpler.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
yes it would fit but there are other ways