Chrono Cross on PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

I got Chrono Cross waaaay back but finally remembered and I've decided to actually play it. The problem is I have to choose between the PS2 or 3. I know if it is in the 3, it will look better, but it will have technical problems. I have put PS1 games into it before where nothing works quite right, or it just fails to load a certain section every time. So what I'm asking is could I put that game in and play it to the end without any real problems? The website that lists all the problems that Sony put out says menus sometimes flicker and disappear, but that could be very minor to unplayable, and I really don't want to get 10 hours in and have this game just stop working.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#2 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

I've never had a problem with backwards compatibility with PS1 or 2 games on my 60 gig.

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

Yeah, but I got the 40 gig. I know it works almost all the time, but when I tried to play Wu Tang: Shaolin Style (terrible game, I know) it would run to a certain point and then stop.I would just be really worried if I started playing some 30-hour RPG on it and for some reason the final boss wouldn't load or something.

minionofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 minionofgotham
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i have a 60gb and playing my ps2 and ps1 one games i never had any problems with them no technical issues either
Melkari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Melkari
Member since 2004 • 595 Posts

I keep hearing Chrono Cross has a game-breaking issue when played on PS3, but I also heard Xenogears had one too, yet I never encountered it all the way to the end. So chances are it's gonna be hit or miss depending on your model and whether or not something triggers it. They may have fixed it by now through firmware updates, though, as this was probably two years ago.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

PS3 doesnt make PS1 games look better(if you dont have a HDTV) and this is the problem some people are having with Chrono Cross on the PS3. No idea if its just the PAL version or US version aswell. Then again Ive seen someone play this entire game on the PS3 on Justin TV and they didnt have this issue.