choose disgaea or fftwol

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psp_kid13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 psp_kid13
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts

plz pick one

i dont know which one to pick i am clueless on games

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I just picked up Disgaea. It looks like it will be interesting (I like the anime look and the quirky humor), but i don't thinkthe combat is quiteas complex as FFT nor do I think the story is as touching as FF's, but I'm glad I have both. I can't wait to try Jeanne D'Arc on Christmas :)
Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

You can't go wrong either way so don't worry too much about it.

But yeah, I voted for Disgaea because it has hundreds of hours of gameplay value.

psp_kid13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 psp_kid13
well i have never played a turned base game but are they fun i did this poll to see which one is better cause these two look fun
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

FFTWoL FTW!

hooray for abbreviations

otherwise it would be

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions For The Win!

And nobody wants to type all that

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

But yeah, I voted for Disgaea because it has hundreds of hours of gameplay value.

RurouniSaiyajin

so does FFT:WoL

psp_kid13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psp_kid13
well can yallr
[QUOTE="RurouniSaiyajin"]

ut yeah, I voted for Disgaea because it has hundreds of hours of gameplay value.

abdelmessih101

so does FFT:WoL

can yall tell me what is the difference plz
soldier091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 soldier091
Member since 2004 • 296 Posts

I picked FFT, but now I don't even know.

FFT is simply the best in the genre. It's the defining SRPG game, and it has one of the most complex and enjoyable leveling system in an RPG period. It also has a brilliant story (my personal favourite in any video game), and the PSP version features some great cutscenes with quality voice acting and an extremely good translation. It's a top of the line game.

Disgaea, on the other hand, is also great. The story isn't amazing, the gameplay isn't insanely deep, and on the surface it's just another SRPG. But when you really dig into it, it's one of the most rewarding titles in the genre. The characters are lovable and funny, the gameplay is challenging but fun, and the whole game just has so much replay value. The PS2 version can go on forever, but the PSP version has even more features. It's definitely worth the money, and is great for portability.

Like other people have said, you can't go wrong with either of them. Just get the one that appeals to you most right now, and get the other one later. They're both must-haves.

psp_kid13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 psp_kid13

FFT is simply the best in the genre. It's the defining SRPG game, and it has one of the most complex and enjoyable leveling system in an RPG period. It also has a brilliant story (my personal favourite in any video game), and the PSP version features some great cutscenes with quality voice acting and an extremely good translation. It's a top of the line game.

Disgaea, on the other hand, is also great. The story isn't amazing, the gameplay isn't insanely deep, and on the surface it's just another SRPG. But when you really dig into it, it's one of the most rewarding titles in the genre. The characters are lovable and funny, the gameplay is challenging but fun, and the whole game just has so much replay value. The PS2 version can go on forever, but the PSP version has even more features. It's definitely worth the money, and is great for portability.

Like other people have said, you can't go wrong with either of them. Just get the one that appeals to you most right now, and get the other one later. They're both must-haves.

soldier091

well to me digaea characters look cool to me cause they like little kids

but....

FFT:WoL characters look like little kids top

but does one of them have magic power (between disgaea and FFT:WoL i mean)

FreshNoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FreshNoodles
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts
This is goin to be a though battle :)
psp_kid13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 psp_kid13
on digaea can you create your own characters cause i like doing that in games i get
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts

I love Disgaea, it was the first SRPG I ever played and is my favorite, actually I don't like FFT, cause you have to leave your character facing this or that way and for me that was too much hassle, on disgaea you don't have that problem

And yes you can create your own characters

B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#13 B-bad
Member since 2002 • 5705 Posts

soldier091

couldn't of said it better myself

as for custom character fft doesn't let you make it character but you do get alot of room to develop your character's skills and abitities.

LovetoBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LovetoBall
Member since 2006 • 133 Posts
Disgaea, I was faced with the same choice for the holidays and i choose Disgaea. You simply get more bang for buck, I'd have to disagree with what those other hav' to say bout disgaea have less deep gameplay.
psp_kid13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 psp_kid13
ok i think i might go with disgaea thanks you guys
OneWinged456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OneWinged456
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I'm still wondering which one I should get too...

FFTWOL seems bigger in terms of worlds to explore and the open-endedness of the game, but the Disgaea remake looks more modern and the gameplay looks explosive.

I love being able to use plethora of classes as well as multi-class (if it's possible) but I also like a game that's never tiring to the eyes. My brother played FFTA and beat it, over 70 hours on his game, but the gameplay seemed repetetive. Disgaea looks like the type of game where each battle is different, but I can't really say as I've never played the game myself. I've heard that there is a world of difference between FFT and FFTA, and that FFT was way better, but I'm still not quite sure. It looks like theres a great variety of classes in FFT as well.

Can anyone elaborate?

getfreaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 getfreaky
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts
I choose disgaea rather than fft.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I've only played FFT WOTL, i did beat it. Great game, so i choose that.
KrayzieJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 KrayzieJay
Member since 2007 • 1851 Posts
Disgaea is a way better game. And yes you can create your own character by choosing a class for them such as knight, Paladin, angel and loads more. You can name them too. And I think you can level up your characters up to 9999
SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
FFTWOTL is better because it is more story and character customise driven. The gameplay is so much better, and fun that you'll get addicted forever. The customization options in the game are so immense that there's no end.
hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
I'm picking up Disagea(however its spelled) tomorrow i think, i own fftwol. I have to say its really hard for me to get into, i really like the GBA version but there 2 way different games more or less. i say go with Disagea cause it will probabley be more easy to get into.