Career mode in Gran Turismo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PtothaWHAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PtothaWHAT
Member since 2009 • 411 Posts

Is there a career mode in the new Gran Turismo?

When i go to single player race is just lets me pick w.e kind of race i want, i want some type of story mode? or does this game not have that?

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

*sigh*

no...

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

"Single Player Race" IS the bloody Career Mode... they just don't CALL it a career mode...

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ston3henge

Oh yeah. Terrible. Don't buy it. Horrid. Just an embarrassment. Worst game to ever be programmed. Sure. Yep. You're so correct. No one buy it, waste of time. Can't scrape it off your shoe bad. The "Ishtar" of gaming. Really.

boybrushdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 boybrushdred
Member since 2007 • 1892 Posts

no career mode. all you do is play single races, rack up your credits, buy cars, transfer all cars to Gt5 on ps3, and that's about it. and i've done all that already, im now waiting for the release of gt5 on ps3.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
Well there is no "traditional" career mode; the rags to riches type of car customization. But it has a career mode in the fact that you race, collect cars, tweak them, and get licenses, all in a single race sort of way.
SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#9 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

no career mode. all you do is play single races, rack up your credits, buy cars, transfer all cars to Gt5 on ps3, and that's about it. and i've done all that already, im now waiting for the release of gt5 on ps3.

boybrushdred

So how many credits did you need to buy all the cars??

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SadPSPAddict

"Single Player Race" IS the bloody Career Mode... they just don't CALL it a career mode...

ston3henge

Ston3 sums it up in a sentance (which is unusual since he normal uses 500 words where 1 would have done - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) (only kidding Ston3 )

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SadPSPAddict

GT is the BEST racer on the PSP and all those who say "no career mode" just don't get it!!

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ston3henge

If that's the career mode, it's the worst I've ever seen in a game.windsquid9000

Sounds like you don't like the game to ME... perhaps I'm wrong. Saying a quality is "the worst (you have) ever seen in a game"... that's pretty strong testimony given all the games you must have played in your life.

Face it, you put the game down and your OPINIONS will wash off on readers.

There's nothing wrong with the objectives for completing the game (technically, a career mode on any title). There's nothing programming-wise which makes the game unplayable, unfinishable, or unlikable to fans of the series. The game is the game, if you don't like it then put it away with the other opnions you've developed and move along. Agruing this is like arguing the Go - It's here, get used to it and stop with the irrational condemnation of things which don't fit with youir particularviews on life & gaming.

Enough already.

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts

[QUOTE="windsquid9000"]

If that's the career mode, it's the worst I've ever seen in a game.ston3henge

Sounds like you don't like the game to ME... perhaps I'm wrong. Saying a quality is "the worst (you have) ever seen in a game"... that's pretty strong testimony given all the games you must have played in your life.

There's nothing wrong with the objectives for completing the game (technically, a career mode on any title). There's nothing programming-wise which makes the game unplayable, unfinishable, or unlikable to fans of the series. The game is the game, if you don't like it then put it away with the other opnions you've developed and move along. Agruing this is like arguing the Go - It's here, get used to it and stop with the irrational condemnation of things which don't fit with youir particularviews on life & gaming.

Enough already.

I was talking about Single Race as a career mode, not the game as a whole. It's fine as what it is; Single Race. But if Polyphony were to attempt to pass it off as a career mode, then by all means it's the worst I've seen (especially when compared to other GT titles). There's no depth to it. Compare it to a career mode in pretty much any other racing game and you'll see that it's very lacking. I'm not saying that Single Race is bad nor am I saying that the game as a whole is bad. Just that it doesn't fit the description of a career mode.

piratedrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 piratedrunk
Member since 2003 • 341 Posts

[QUOTE="windsquid9000"]

If that's the career mode, it's the worst I've ever seen in a game.ston3henge

Enough already.

Like your opinions are any more important? This is the kind of information that can make or break a purchase from some people (myself included) so discussion on it is helpful. You could simply have offered your opinion on the experience without attacking someone for theirs.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ston3henge

Like your opinions are any more important? This is the kind of information that can make or break a purchase from some people (myself included) so discussion on it is helpful. You could simply have offered your opinion on the experience without attacking someone for theirs.

piratedrunk

Go back and read the thread again. I've been defending the game.

There is no menu entry for Career Mode on "Gran Turismo PSP", but as SadPSPaddict and I have said for months and months now, that's irrelavent because there is still the structure of a Career mode in the game if you just take two minutes to play it and find out, but most people on these forums who are detractors like to parrot the polular line started about the game before it's release.

I own the game, have spent hours playing it and buying cars, tweaking the cars I own to drive better with my style (because though you can't purchase individual parts there is still a fairly robust tuning option for up to 30 different cars in your stable), and winning progressive rankings for each track backwards and forwards. It's a really great distilation of the GT series for handheld, bite-sized portions or long, hour+ races of 99 laps each... then there's the Rally section, and the drifting competitions which I have barely scratched.

Calling ANYTHING about "Gran Turismo PSP" 'the worst ever seen in a game' is more baseless, incendiary, and negatively charged than anything I have stated, and anyone who's taken the time to read the thread from the beginning and stopped to process it before cracking off a shot of their own would see that fairly quickly. To players like SadPSPaddict and me, the game is fantastic... not better than "Arctic Edge", not smoother or a cooler more customizable "LA ReMix", not better handling than "WipeOut"... just a really great racing game for anyone who likes racing to the sim-side of life. We're tired of the same old buttons being pushed about the Career Mode. And people making wide, sweeping, utterly incorrect statements about a feature of the game as 'worst ever seen in a game' needs to be checked, because as you say, things said on the Internet effect how a purchaser might make their decision.

Now I may be guilty of ladling on the sarcasm in my post which joked "The 'Ishtar' of gaming. Really." and you might have read that out of turn, so for that I apologize. You were correct in saying that I could have listed positive qualities instead of raining down with my blather and I was wrong. I'm going to try and take this as a learning experience for my conduct on these forums in the coming year, and I mean that with all sincerity.

Now, let's see other people retract THEIR statements about Career Mode, and the game's qualities being the worst ever... I'm waiting. Because they know that isn't true. Not even close. Play the game for ten minutes and you'll find out the same thing that SadPSPaddict and I did when we bucked the trend of hate and bought the game anyway... and we're very glad that we did!

Right, SPA?

:D

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

[QUOTE="piratedrunk"]

ston3henge

There is no menu entry for Career Mode on "Gran Turismo PSP", but as SadPSPaddict and I have said for months and months now, that's irrelavent because there is still the structure of a Career mode in the game if you just take two minutes to play it and find out, but most people on these forums who are detractors like to parrot the polular line started about the game before it's release.

I own the game, have spent hours playing it and buying cars, tweaking the cars I own to drive better with my style (because though you can't purchase individual parts there is still a fairly robust tuning option for up to 30 different cars in your stable), and winning progressive rankings for each track backwards and forwards. It's a really great distilation of the GT series for handheld, bite-sized portions or long, hour+ races of 99 laps each... then there's the Rally section, and the drifting competitions which I have barely scratched.

Calling ANYTHING about "Gran Turismo PSP" 'the worst ever seen in a game' is more baseless, incendiary, and negatively charged than anything I have stated, and anyone who's taken the time to read the thread from the beginning and stopped to process it before cracking off a shot of their own would see that fairly quickly. To players like SadPSPaddict and me, the game is fantastic... not better than "Arctic Edge", not smoother or a cooler more customizable "LA ReMix", not better handling than "WipeOut"... just a really great racing game for anyone who likes racing to the sim-side of life. We're tired of the same old buttons being pushed about the Career Mode. And people making wide, sweeping, utterly incorrect statements about a feature of the game as 'worst ever seen in a game' needs to be checked, because as you say, things said on the Internet effect how a purchaser might make their decision.

Now I may be guilty of ladling on the sarcasm in my post which joked "The 'Ishtar' of gaming. Really." and you might have read that out of turn, so for that I apologize. You were correct in saying that I could have listed positive qualities instead of raining down with my blather and I was wrong. I'm going to try and take this as a learning experience for my conduct on these forums in the coming year, and I mean that with all sincerity.

Now, let's see other people retract THEIR statements about Career Mode, and the game's qualities being the worst ever... I'm waiting. Because they know that isn't true. Not even close. Play the game for ten minutes and you'll find out the same thing that SadPSPaddict and I did when we bucked the trend of hate and bought the game anyway... and we're very glad that we did!

Right, SPA?

Career mode? No way who needs it? I mean, Soul Calibur BD didn't need a better story for me to enjoy it. :)

But the cars need to blow up some :D

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SadPSPAddict

[QUOTE="piratedrunk"]

ston3henge

Right, SPA?

Here here Ston3 *round of applause* very nicely put :D

piratedrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 piratedrunk
Member since 2003 • 341 Posts

[QUOTE="piratedrunk"]

ston3henge

Right, SPA?

Aside from telling me to go back and read the thread again (as it really was the sarcastic tone you took and not the defense of the game I was referring to) I appreciate the way you handled the reply. On top of that I also appreciate your defense of the game as it is also very important stuff for me to read as someone who is on the fence about the game. I still am leaning towards not getting it as it still is missing some of my personal favorite aspects of GT games but I do so now in a much more informed way and may still consider it some time in the future.