Can't Save Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX progress!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TiagoRocha89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TiagoRocha89
Member since 2011 • 47 Posts
Hi there, So, I bough ''Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX'' for my PSP, but I just can't save the game... Does anyone had the same problem? My PSP model is the 3004, really recent, maybe is just that... It's the only game where I can't save my progress. I was wondering if anyone here had a similar problem with this game. What do you think the problem is? By the way, I contacted Capcom, they know nothing about the problem...
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#2 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
What exactly is the message that you get? It would help to give the message and/or the error code.
TiagoRocha89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TiagoRocha89
Well, actually the game just doesn't recognize the memory unit... It's like nothing was insterted! =(
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Granpire
Hm, and it doesn't do this for any other games? You can still copy music and view other content from the same card?
TiagoRocha89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TiagoRocha89
Yep! I can use the same card to transfer data like music, videos, etc. All the other games save just fine. I'll probably buy another memory unit... The one I have is Sony trademark, maybe I'll go for a unOficial this time!
DMPHOZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 DMPHOZA
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

What is the size of your memory stick and how much remaining memory do you have?

TiagoRocha89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TiagoRocha89
I have pretty much 2GB of free space... The game just takes arround 500KB's of memory... :)
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Granpire
Did you buy your card from an Ebay seller, from China by any chance? I had countless problems with my old 4GB card from Ebay. There are many fake Memory Stick Pro Duo cards out there. If that's not it, then I'm not sure what the problem could be... If the problem persists, you could try to get Capcom to replace the game, it may be a faulty UMD. In any case, if it's not a knockoff card, I don't think it's worth replacing your Memory Stick over. If you've never had the problem with previous games, I don't think this will fix it.
DMPHOZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DMPHOZA
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I have pretty much 2GB of free space... The game just takes arround 500KB's of memory... :)TiagoRocha89

I also had similar problem with my Tony Hawk Underground Remix game. Seems that older Psp titles require less than a 1gb of memory to regocnise a memory stick. If thats the case then I suggest that you stuff your Memory Stick with music tracks, videos or etc, until your have less than a gig remaining on your memory stick.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Granpire

I also had similar problem with my Tony Hawk Underground Remix game. Seems that older Psp titles require less than a 1gb of memory to regocnise a memory stick. If thats the case then I suggest that you stuff your Memory Stick with music tracks, videos or etc, until your have less than a gig remaining on your memory stick.

DMPHOZA

Hmm, that sounds like it might be the solution. Good call, I've never heard of this problem before.

TiagoRocha89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TiagoRocha89
Hi there, Thanks for the tips, but didn't worked... My only chance is to grab a memory stick that isn't manufactured by Sony... Not even sure if that's going to work...
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Granpire
[QUOTE="TiagoRocha89"]Hi there, Thanks for the tips, but didn't worked... My only chance is to grab a memory stick that isn't manufactured by Sony... Not even sure if that's going to work...

Are you sure? I just googled your problem and many other people have had the same problem with the same game, and all of them fixed it this way. Did you make sure to fill it up so that there is less than 1024 MB free space on the card?
TiagoRocha89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TiagoRocha89
Yes, I just have 200MB left. However, my Video folder is set in a diferent place... I'll try to fill the memory card with music and pics in the original placed folders! I'll let you know about the result! Thanks
BradHummr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 BradHummr
Member since 2005 • 1096 Posts

The issue with that is not how much space is left on your card, nor the manufacturer. It's the size of the card. Some older PSP titles will only recognize cards that are under 2GB or smaller in total size, not remaining space. Since you say you have about 2GBs of space free on your card, this leads me to believe you have a 4GB or larger card, which goes into the 'High Capacity' range. Unfortunately you'll need to get a smaller card to be able to save your game.

Edit: Amazon has some 1gb and 512mb size cards (Unless you're looking for 256, 128 or 32 MB size cards? But even those are around the same price, if not more than the 1GB) for around $10 and qualify for the free shipping offer, so it wouldn't be a huge extra expense. A lot of money just to save your game? Yes, I agree, but depending on how badly you wish to save (or if you plan on buying more games that only support smaller sized cards) it may be worth it.

Good luck!

TiagoRocha89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TiagoRocha89
So, I filled my PSP any way possible. With music, videos, pictures... And nothing. I still can't save my progress. However, my memory unit have 4GB as total, and I had 2GB free. I'll take BradHummr's tip and get another memory unit, this time with a low amount of space. I'll try to get one from Amazon, and I'll tell you guys the result. Thanks so much for the help, I really do wanna keep my games saved! I'm not much of a fighter, but I would like to keep my scores saved in Street Fighter! Thanks a lot! :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts

i had the same problem too, with this game and darkstalkers. it wouldn't save on a 4gb card because it wasn't full enough, but it saved just fine on my original 32mb card, brand doesn't matter, like others said, if theres like more than 1gb of space on the card then it won't read it for some reason.

TiagoRocha89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TiagoRocha89
Well, there's a retailer near me who sells 1GB cards. I won't take any chances! I already bough one from eBay, a used 32MB card! Unless it has some hardware problem, it should work! :) I'll keep you guys updated on this quest for saving Street Fighter!
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

If I'm not too late - I had the same problem with SF3AM, I had a new memory card (16G) and I thought I'd just start a new game so I played a bunch and got a lot of stuff done, but it wouldn't save. I re-formatted my card on the advice of someone on this forum, and it worked fine after that. I will caution you - Back up any game saves you want to keep on your PC or something before reformatting.

;)

TiagoRocha89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TiagoRocha89
Thanks for the tip MonkeySpot, I already bough a 32MB memory unit, I'm just waiting to receive it! I'll leave the final result :D
TiagoRocha89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TiagoRocha89
Sorry for the double post, but I just got my 32MB memory unit and I can finaly save my game's progress!!! :D Thank you all for the help guys!!! :D