Can you use a usb HEADPHONES with PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

1xcalibur1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 1xcalibur1
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts
Has anyone tried this?
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Of course you can, all you have to do is go to Audio options and setup/select you Audio input/output to the headset currently connected.

I personally prefer MGS4 Bluetooth headset until SOCOM arrives.

1xcalibur1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 1xcalibur1

Of course you can, all you have to do is go to Audio options and setup/select you Audio input/output to the headset currently connected.

Sokol4ever

I didnt imphesize "HEADPHONES" for nothing, did I?

There's a difference.

burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 burock76
Member since 2008 • 1220 Posts

Has anyone tried this?1xcalibur1

I'm using one. Never have that ear scratching noise or the whistle you get occasionally with a bluetooth headset. Sokol4ever has told you how to connect one

burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 burock76
[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

1xcalibur1

I didnt imphesize "HEADPHONES" for nothing, did I?

There's a difference.

What is the difference? I'm asking because I really dont know

1xcalibur1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 1xcalibur1

[QUOTE="1xcalibur1"]Has anyone tried this?burock76

I'm using one. Never have that ear scratching noise or the whistle you get occasionally with a bluetooth headset. Sokol4ever has told you how to connect one

My friend,

Do you know what headPHONES are?

burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 burock76
[QUOTE="burock76"]

[QUOTE="1xcalibur1"]Has anyone tried this?1xcalibur1

My friend,

Do you know what headPHONES are?

No I dont thats why I asked you above.

mamkem6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mamkem6
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts

Please I am interested also, can someone recommend good headset (not headphones) bluetooth or usb.

Thanks

1xcalibur1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 1xcalibur1

TS needs to calm down. I know what you mean but you could have said "headphones not a headset" in your opening post. You're asking for help but being a dick, it doesn't make any sense.jordan123x

Is that a joke?

How can "HEADPHONES" not be anymore clear?

d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#11 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts

so what ur asking is can you plug usb headphones into the ps3 and listen to music and game audio aswell as video audio straight from the ps3 as if it were the psp?

if so then no this will not work you need to get a normal set of headphines and use the headphone connection on your tv if it has 1

jordan123x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jordan123x
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts
because people here are stupid, but your an ass so I guess thats worse.
johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts

is there any USB HEADPHONES? only HEADSETS are usb, most headphones that Ive seen are those ones with AV like plug, dont know what its called, and if its not USB you cannot plug to your ps3,

what I do is plug the headphones on my tv, that works just the same, but the wire is a bit annoying, so get one with a long wire

jho288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jho288
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hi Sony PS3 players who want to get sound out of their USB/3.5mm Headphones. I've also purchased a USB Headphone and am playing on my computer PC monitor, however my monitor has speakers therefore no sound coming out. Neither is the USB Headphone that's plugged into the PS3 generating in-game audio. I've decided to get a Adpt 3.5mm St Skt -2 x RCA Skt which is a RCA female to 3.5mm female adaptor. Adpt 3.5mm St Skt -2 x RCA Skt (P6573) - Dick Smith Electronics - Australia. If you have output Video as HDMI and output audio as RCA, that way you can: - View HDMI on your PC monitor - Have sounds coming out of your PS3 to your headset. To do that: If you plug your output White and Red RCA (ignore the yellow video) to the female RCA adaptor, and then plug in your 3.5mm Headphone to the female adaptor, you should get sound. Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I haven't tried it yet, and this is my cheapest way to get in-game audio. I can on the other hand get a HDMI monitor with speakers but they cost around $460+ AUD where as the adaptor only costs about $4.00 AUD. We basically not use the USB adaptor that comes with the headphone, so if your headphone is USB only then you won't be able to get sound. (usually your headset should come with 3.5mm connection and a USB converter) Good Luck
Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

Are headphones a phone for your head?

jho288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jho288

Are headphones a phone for your head?

Loegi
LOL, no it's really a earphone that goes around on your head and into the ear. Thay way you don't have to hold it with your had. Headsets are headphones with mics? Can anyone say anything?
jho288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jho288
Hey guys, It worked. 3.5mm/USB Headphones work if you have a female RCA to 3.55m female adaptor. HDMI video out Audio RCA out Go to Settings > Sound Settings > Audio Output Settings > Pres X to Confirm Choose "Audio Input Connector / SCART/ AV Multi Next and Press X to Save If you want Microphone via your USB, then Go to Settings > Accessory Settings > Press X to Confirm Scroll down to Audio Device Settings For Input Device, choose your USB headset/headphone for Output Device, choose your USB headset/headphone Save it and ok. Now you have in game Audio via RCA and Microphone via USB. Sweet. Enjoy. Jon Justek Online
N0tYrBeezin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 N0tYrBeezin
Member since 2003 • 6930 Posts

TS needs to calm down. I know what you mean but you could have said "headphones not a headset" in your opening post. You're asking for help but being a dick, it doesn't make any sense.jordan123x

So according to you, we have to speak like

man not a woman,

hotel not a motel,

radio not a tv,

chair not a sofa

school not a university?

Is that right? How can headphone not be clear? Headphone is headphone, headset is headset. You have to be a moron to confuse the two.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

is there any USB HEADPHONES? only HEADSETS are usb, most headphones that Ive seen are those ones with AV like plug, dont know what its called, and if its not USB you cannot plug to your ps3,

what I do is plug the headphones on my tv, that works just the same, but the wire is a bit annoying, so get one with a long wire

johnlennon28

You can get an extention wire for your headphones, I believe.... I planning on getting it for mine too.

SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

So much nerd rage in this thread. I don't think you can use headphones though.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

Old thread is old, feel free to make a new one.