can you play european games on your PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by WicthBalder (1924 posts) -

topic

#2 Posted by MattDistillery (969 posts) -

Yes all the Ps3 models are Region free. So European games would work on your (Im assuming) American console. Athlough you will have a problem if you ever want to download DLC for it.

Edit: I actually have 2 games imported from the US to Uk in my Ps3 collection. Which I bought while I was over there as they are at least 40% cheaper.

If you dont mind me asking which game is it?

#3 Posted by damnet (254 posts) -

Yeah, I have about 3 region 2 games on my collection, but the problem is with DLC, because DLC is region locked, and if you have an european game and want some DLC for it you'll have to buy it at the european psn store, and my card won't work there :(k, that's why I stoped buying them, now I get region 1 only.

#4 Posted by WicthBalder (1924 posts) -

Yes all the Ps3 models are Region free. So European games would work on your (Im assuming) American console. Athlough you will have a problem if you ever want to download DLC for it.

Edit: I actually have 2 games imported from the US to Uk in my Ps3 collection. Which I bought while I was over there as they are at least 40% cheaper.

If you dont mind me asking which game is it?

MattDistillery

Well they say that Hokuto Musto (Fist of the North Star) will be released for the PS3 and i would like to play it on my Canadian console.

#5 Posted by -Hoax- (5331 posts) -
PS3 games are region free but DLC is region locked.
#6 Posted by dan_gerous87 (766 posts) -

Uh YEAH, a lot of us are European, mate.