Can't stay connected to the playstation network.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

An hour ago my PS3 was working fine but when I turned it in just now it will not stay connected to the PSN for more then a few minutes. I have been getting DNS errors 80710102, 800100A,and 800100B. I unpluged the router and the internet box but that didn't fix anything. When I turned the system off and back on I can log back on but only for a few minutes. When I tried to do a connection test the PS3 said it couldn't find a access point. I reset the system settings and when the ps3 came back on and I had to re enter my wireless information it connected to the access point with no problems only to disconnect a few minutes later. Now when I try to test the connection it says it failed to obtain IP address. Some other things to note are the at one point the system frozen and another after turning it back on the XMB was very slow to load and do functions. The internet on the PC, phones, and tablets works fine and my Vita is staying connected to the PSN just fine too. Anyone know how to fix this?

akademikhaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By akademikhaber
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

there are very reason for this. generally it originate Sony network problems.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 toddx77

If it is a Sony Network problem then why aren't other having this issue and why does my Vita stay connected?

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Me too, my friends list on okay, but couldn't get on the PS Store about two weeks now.. maybe they're cutting off the PS3 online network. ?!

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@toddx77:

Its your router not giving the PS3 an IP address for whatever reason, did someone alter any settings?

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 toddx77

@GTR12 No one altered my settings and when I took the ps3 to my friends house it connected fine and when he brought his ps4 over it connected fine. However when I got home today I turned the ps3 on, couldn't log in, put it on stand by, turning it back on and was able to log in. I chatted with Sony while I was still logged in and he told me to just re do the connection which I did, the same way I did last night, and for some reason I stayed logged in for 20 minutes. Then I tried it again and was logged in for an hour, it logged out when I put a blu ray in, then automatically logged back in when I took the blu ray out. I can even do the test connection now. I am about to go back to playing a game to see if I get logged off again.

@Dogswithguns Last night I had trouble a few times with my xmb fully loading the friends list and the ps store on the xmb. I don't think they are cutting off the network. Have to tried re doing the connection by choosing "easy" instead of "custom"?

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts
@toddx77 said:

@Dogswithguns Last night I had trouble a few times with my xmb fully loading the friends list and the ps store on the xmb. I don't think they are cutting off the network. Have to tried re doing the connection by choosing "easy" instead of "custom"?

Yes choose the "Easy" and let PS3 try to connect to the Internet. If it doesn't work then you can reset your Internet router. There is a little hole behind or below the router that you can press with something small to make it reset the router but just remember all setting will be reset.

You can also make a Static IP for you PS3 and see if the connection will be better.

Here is a guide for Static IP for PS3:

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-ps3-playstation-3.htm

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@toddx77 said:

@GTR12 No one altered my settings and when I took the ps3 to my friends house it connected fine and when he brought his ps4 over it connected fine. However when I got home today I turned the ps3 on, couldn't log in, put it on stand by, turning it back on and was able to log in. I chatted with Sony while I was still logged in and he told me to just re do the connection which I did, the same way I did last night, and for some reason I stayed logged in for 20 minutes. Then I tried it again and was logged in for an hour, it logged out when I put a blu ray in, then automatically logged back in when I took the blu ray out. I can even do the test connection now. I am about to go back to playing a game to see if I get logged off again.

Your PS3 had the hiccups or a minor cold it seems, its all good now I assume?