Can a game finish off the PlayStation 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

britishdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 britishdude360
Member since 2005 • 555 Posts

Hey guys, i think playstation 3 power has been put to the test and maybe its limits, espcially with games such as killzone 3 and crysis 2.
So games like these who push ps3 to the limits can they really kill your ps3? well maybe, maybe not, i have seen a lot of threads and comments about games finishing off their ps3, it came to my attention when most of these complaints were about the ps3 exclusive KillZone 3, someone saying the storymode had cause my ps3 to die, is it because of the games power or is it maybe a coincidence? I really cant tell but its got me thinking maybe it can!

What do you guys think about this topic?

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
Its just coincidence my PS3 got YLOD while playing BlazBlue:CT.
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts

Think about it you use your PS3 for gaming more than anything that it can do, I would say the odds are good that when it does go down for the count it will be playing a game! Mine died playing Fallout New Vegas

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Coincidence - everyone who has a PS3 die on them will be doing something at the time, and they'll blame that for the failure. It's why we see so many people blame system updates for dead 360s/PS3s/Wiis or whatever. After that it's popular games...I think a lot of people blamed Black Ops for killing their PS3.
TIGERLUCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 TIGERLUCK
Member since 2007 • 737 Posts
Dead Space 1 killed my first PS3. I was like a few trophies away from platinum too.. and I keep it well ventilated. After opening it up I realized, the thermal compound was cheap as hell and melted all over the place. Since then I got protection for my PS3 ;). hahhah Take it back to store if it decides it want to ylod on me.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

My first died the first time at Armored Core (drive defect, got replaced), can't remember what killed it the second time, got a new PS3 which YLODed @ Assassins Creed Brotherhood... It's pretty much random at which game it YLODs

Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tetrarch9
Member since 2010 • 2581 Posts
Yes Metal Gear Solid 5
IWAOlympus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IWAOlympus
Member since 2011 • 412 Posts

A lot more 60 and 80 GB PS3's are starting to hit the dust lately. I think it just might be the lifespan of those models is approaching its end.