Call of Duty Waw or Resistance 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

naruske101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 naruske101
Member since 2007 • 1062 Posts

i need a new shooter which do u think has the better online component?

Btw how many maps does r 2 have

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
There's a recommendation thread above & a search engine in your toolbar which could direct you to information on each game to help you choose which one fits you better:).
lolwotrickroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 lolwotrickroll
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts
umm I think this topic might get removed by mods :( but ill answer. if you've never played COD before, then pick up COD:5 fo sho! if you already have 4, then go with R2 which is a HUUGE improvement from the first. do NOT buy COD4/5 if you already own one of them. go with R2 if you do
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 sixgears2
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts
Before all the Resistance fanboys get to you let me warn you :RESISTANCE 2 IS THE MOST BLAND, AVERAGE SHOOTER I HAVE EVER PLAYED. And the AI is some of the worst ever. It is not as good as everyone says it is, stick to CoD:WAW and you won't be overly disappointed. Unless you enjoy playing games that shamelessly rip off every shooter from FEAR to Halo and that gives you squadmates that have the IQ of a mentally handicapped rock. But, hey, that's just my opinion.
Avatar image for Big_Pappa_Haris
Big_Pappa_Haris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Big_Pappa_Haris
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

COD waw is way better then Resistence 2. i have both and seriously get COD waw ull thank me. Resistence gets boring easy but COD waw is way better and u have ranks and more ppl online. COD waw i rate 10/10 but resistence 2 is 5/10.

fallenph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fallenph
Member since 2009 • 72 Posts
definatly cod. it is way better online R2 wasnt great i returned it right away
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Resistance 2 is better than cod waw.

donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts
R2...
Avatar image for jarediswicked92
jarediswicked92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jarediswicked92
Member since 2005 • 257 Posts
Resistance 2 was fecking woeful to be fair. ull regret buying it if you do. get CoD 4/5.
miguelplf_lite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 miguelplf_lite
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts

Never played COD cause the setting of the games and the realism isn´t really my thing, but here´s what i can tell you about resistance 2:

The single player is awesome, the gameplay is pretty fun and well crafted, the bosses are interesting, there´s a lot going on on the screen and the graphics are pretty good considering all the action onscreen.

Now as for the online component, maybe because of the 60 player online in the same match thing, let me warn you: the graphics seem more like a ps2 title than a ps3 one. With that said, i can tell you the cooperative mode is very inovative and a blast to play, and that I enjoy playing competitive with teammates cause because of all the peolpe in the same match you do feel your part of a team cause alone u´ll probably die in a matter of seconds, so it feels like an fps where strategy is very important. I totally have fun with it, especially sniping people far away aiming fot those headshots. As for free for all competitive, i think it sucks, cause it´s the lot´s on people onscreen thing but no team to help, and u always get killed pretty fast usually by some guy that was hidden behind you. Off course u also kill pretty fast but u get the point. There are some smaller maps where u can keep track of the action and own everyone but these are rare moments. What I´m trying to say is that for playing with mates i´d choose resistance 2, for playing alone there are MUCH better games to play online, say like RFOM.

The_Solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 The_Solid
Member since 2008 • 1500 Posts
Tilting towards R2.And the people who don't like and who says its bad,can't play it too well.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
R2 has the better online, but I think CoD WaW has the better single-player.
cristoefur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cristoefur
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts

I wouldn't bother as Killzone2 is around the corner and I have a feeling the online community in WaW and R2 is gonna take a hit.

On the other hand I haven't played WaW, but R2's coop is fun.

Maxzimus77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Maxzimus77
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts
Resistance 2 is something different and if you've already got COD4 don't waste you're money on COD WAW it as it's not different enough.
Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#16 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
Before all the Resistance fanboys get to you let me warn you :RESISTANCE 2 IS THE MOST BLAND, AVERAGE SHOOTER I HAVE EVER PLAYED. And the AI is some of the worst ever. It is not as good as everyone says it is, stick to CoD:WAW and you won't be overly disappointed. Unless you enjoy playing games that shamelessly rip off every shooter from FEAR to Halo and that gives you squadmates that have the IQ of a mentally handicapped rock. But, hey, that's just my opinion.sixgears2
I second this, to an extent.
Meemtyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Meemtyke
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts
I have Cod:Waw and I played a lot of games online of R2.... Cod;waw >>>>>>>>> R2.
s1wel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 s1wel
Member since 2008 • 375 Posts
[QUOTE="naruske101"]

i need a new shooter which do u think has the better online component?

Btw how many maps does r 2 have

why you limiting yourself to these games? R2 is way overated and waw is decent though there are better games,even cod4 is better. why not try battlefield or SOCOM or like someone else suggested, wait for Killzone which will be a great online shooter
nitramllab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nitramllab
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I've just played and completed them both and then sold them on ebay. Personally I'd go for R2 for the fact that you can actually play online instead of getting stupid connection problems. I probably played 4-5 hours online in COD:WAW and 24-25 online in R2. R2 is a little bit of fantasy but COD is hardly the most realistic either but overall I'd go for R2.

Don't listen to the COD fanboys! ;)