Call of Duty 4 patch won't download?!?!?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skizye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 skizye
Member since 2004 • 54 Posts

The issue: I haven't played CoD4 in a while and I want to get on and play with some old friends of mine but I have to get the update but everytime I attempt to download it it gets to like 10 or 15% and then stops downloading. I've had this issue before with downloading patches for games and if I just kept trying it would eventually finish downloading but I've tried for probably about 1 1/2 hours so far combined (tried on 2 seperate occasions) and it's getting to be a little bit ridiculous.

The question: How can I get this patch so that I can play CoD online again? Can I download it on my computer and put it on a flash drive? If so, from where? Or is there some fix for this problem?

Thanks in advance :)

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts
That sucks dude. I guess just keep trying. I'll search the web a bit and see if I can find a website you can download it from. I'll PM you if I find anything:D.
MxBadBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MxBadBoy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I got your back man, here's what I want you to do. Under the Settings tab on your PS3, go all the way to the bottom to Network Settings. Then go to the bottom of that and disable Media Server Connection. That should fix problems with downloading any and all patches to come for your games.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
heres what you do... don't play COD4... buy R2... problem solved. :D