Buzzing sound and lines on tv

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mark_gob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mark_gob
Member since 2005 • 302 Posts
I know that this topic has been posted before. How do you get rid of the Buzzing sound and lines on the tv when the PS3 is plugged in?
xXmilkXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xXmilkXx
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts
I get the same thing on all 3 of my cables its really annoying but if you have surround sound plug in optical and it will clear the sound up but for lines they make me mad...
Sony_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sony_dude
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts

I also have that problem, can somebody please help me?

Avatar image for GamersNightmare
GamersNightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GamersNightmare
Member since 2006 • 621 Posts
The only time I've ever gotten lines is in Fight Night but for some reason I think those are ment to be there because I rented the PS2 version (before PS3 was out) and played it on 2 different TV's and they were there. Same thing is happening with the PS3 version now so I'm guessing those are part of the menu screens (they aren't there during game play).
don_vag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 don_vag
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Hey Guys, I have had the same problem with my TV a While Back and I called Sony, and they told me it was because of my Co-axial (sp?) Cable from my cable service provider/tv thing (I use Comcast). The guy suggested to buy a Interference reducer from Radio Shack, but I haven't found one yet (or maybe I haven't been looking to hard). So Whenever I play the PS3, I just unscrew the TV Cable thing and they lines and buzzing sound are gone. Hope the helps man...
cmr_ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cmr_ps3
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts

Hey Guys, I have had the same problem with my TV a While Back and I called Sony, and they told me it was because of my Co-axial (sp?) Cable from my cable service provider/tv thing (I use Comcast). The guy suggested to buy a Interference reducer from Radio Shack, but I haven't found one yet (or maybe I haven't been looking to hard). So Whenever I play the PS3, I just unscrew the TV Cable thing and they lines and buzzing sound are gone. Hope the helps man...don_vag

i have the same problem, and after i read this i disconected my cable and the lines went away, anyone know where to get one of these interference reducer things??

upay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 upay
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts
Hey Guys, I have had the same problem with my TV a While Back and I called Sony, and they told me it was because of my Co-axial (sp?) Cable from my cable service provider/tv thing (I use Comcast). The guy suggested to buy a Interference reducer from Radio Shack, but I haven't found one yet (or maybe I haven't been looking to hard). So Whenever I play the PS3, I just unscrew the TV Cable thing and they lines and buzzing sound are gone. Hope the helps man...don_vag
i will try that later
cmr_ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cmr_ps3
i'm sorry to dig this old topic back up but ever since i read it i've been looking for this interference reducer thing at every store(radio shack, best buy, circuit city,walmart, etc...) and i just can't find one, does anyone know where i can buy it??? or a site where i can order one???
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts
Yes, that fifth of a seconnd of that stuff going on is really annoying. Just blink at that moment and it will be gone
cmr_ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cmr_ps3

Yes, that fifth of a seconnd of that stuff going on is really annoying. Just blink at that moment and it will be goneTJSAGE

what the f*** are you talking about, it's not a fifth of a second, it's a continuous buzzing noise and 2 huge whitish lines that never stop going through your screen unless you unscrew your cable line from the tv. alot of peopple have this problem and know what i'm talking about and alot of them don't, you obiously don't have this problem there for have no idea what i'm saying.

if you happen to have any more coments please try to make them helpfull or just keep them to yourself.

gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts

I had this problem when I first got the system. I fixed it by using an HDMI cable. If you have to use A/V cables with HDMI for audio then use an optical cable instead. It only did it for me when I used the analog cables (compsite, s-video, component). Don't ask me why but it has to do with the wiring inside your house/apartment. I think it has to do with frequencys. I took my system to a friends house and it worked fine with analog cables but when I went back to my place it still had the audio buzz and lines running from the bottom up.

ratchetcooper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 ratchetcooper1
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts
my mother hates that damn noise and so do i
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
Unplug your cable that goes to the tv from the wall it works no more problems!!!!
Rifle76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rifle76
Member since 2005 • 721 Posts

Heres an post on Playstation.com about that and how to fix it

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=844938&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

PCschoolorebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 PCschoolorebel
Member since 2005 • 749 Posts
Man i thought i was the only one, thanks.
Galen20K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Galen20K
Member since 2003 • 556 Posts

Yeah I had the same problem when I first got mine also, Back then NOBody was talking about it on the Boards but I Eliminated one of the Grounds like the Article said and **POof*** its GOne!!!

Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

Heres an post on Playstation.com about that and how to fix it

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=844938&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Rifle76
I know someone who can use this info. Thanks.
dangerbunny1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dangerbunny1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I was looking around, and i noticed this post http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=844938&view=by_date_ascending&page=1 I tried buying the thing from radioshack, it worked like a charm!
Ragnrk88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ragnrk88
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
It's a grounding problem as people said. Easy solution: make sure the PS3 power cord and the TV power cord are plugged into the same outlet to prevent a loop effect. I did it and it solved the problem perfectly.
imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 imthebest6
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts

I had this problem too so I unplugged my tv cable that allows me to watch tv and they dissapeared

Avatar image for twisted_metal71
twisted_metal71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 twisted_metal71
Member since 2002 • 27 Posts

It's a grounding problem as people said. Easy solution: make sure the PS3 power cord and the TV power cord are plugged into the same outlet to prevent a loop effect. I did it and it solved the problem perfectly.Ragnrk88

I never had this problem before today, I just hooked up digital cable in my room. After noticing these lines (since I use digital surround for audio I don't get a hum) I went on a mad dash through forums and discussions about how to fix this. I unplugged everything in my room, power cables, coaxial cables, components and composite alike. I figured I would start fresh and plug JUST my tv and ps3 into the outlet. I'm still getting these damn lines! I'm at a loss. I hope this topic isn't dead, these lines are destroying my life. :'(

BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

I have the problem when i hook the AV cords to my HDTV, MY CRT its completely fine with the AV cords, yet my HD TV doesn't like them. My HDMI is just fine, but i like to use my AV's for my cable. From what i hear its some kind of loop, you can't have the cable co-ax on your TV when using AV's, or it makes the purple lines go up the screen with a slight buzzing noise. If thats your problem then just un-hook your cables co-ax when you play your games with the AV cords.

Avatar image for twisted_metal71
twisted_metal71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 twisted_metal71
Member since 2002 • 27 Posts

I read a lot about ground loops in the past couple of hours. None of the fixes worked for me, I'm still getting lines.