Buy ps4 or wait for 4.5?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Ackbar
Member since 2003 • 52 Posts

Im not intrested in 4k or VR... So is it worth waiting or just buy a ps4 now i don't know?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I would wait a few weeks for E3. It's likely we will hear about PS Neo then. Right now nobody ACTUALLY knows what it is. We don't know how it will be priced, or what the effect will be on PS4 pricing. It's all rumors (albeit seemingly well substantiated ones). At that point, you would be able to make an informed decision on whether to dive in on a PS4 or not

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Unless the newer PoS4 is more expensive than the one already available I see no reason why you shouldn't wait, what's the rush ? In my case, I should have waited a couple of years before purchasing mine.

Ackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ackbar

The rush is, i don't have a gaming system right now exsept an outdated PC ... wich can not run the new games.

But i could wait thill E3 ... but aigan that new NEO system won't be released instanly its probbly more like October

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@Ackbar said:

The rush is, i don't have a gaming system right now exsept an outdated PC ... wich can not run the new games.

But i could wait thill E3 ... but aigan that new NEO system won't be released instanly its probbly more like October

More like March 2017, PS4 was shown-off in March, then almost 9 months later it was released.

If its the same with Neo, then it'll likely release next year.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xantufrog  Moderator

@Ackbar said:

Sorry, yes I didn't mean the Neo will be out at E3 - I meant you might want to wait until E3 to at least find out if it's worth waiting until fall-next spring for.

wildhoney66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By wildhoney66
Member since 2008 • 324 Posts

i was going to wait but i said screw it and bought one today. i had a gift card for $25 bucks and that helped cut back the price some but not enough. my guess is that the PS4 will go to $300 bucks but i have no proof on that. i wanted the uncharted 4 bundle that best buys had but that was just to much so i said screw it and go the call of duty bundle a game that i could care less about oh well. as for the 4.5 from what's been said so far the graphics are better like they aren't great already ya know?

they updated the console more or less so it can be hooked up to the VR and i think they said it will have certain games made for the 4.5 that you can't play on the standard version. i could care less about the VR and i'm not waiting another 3 years until the price goes down on that. i never buy a system when it 1st comes out cause it's just too much. i've looked everywhere online to see if the price was going to come down on the standard ps4 and the closest thing that was posted that was recent was the dude who runs Microsoft predicting the price will go down this year again. i got to admit that's him being realistic and on the ball if it turns out to be true.

in short it's up to you can you wait that long?

Ackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ackbar

I bought a special uncharted deal now... I don't want to wait any longer anymore. So thanks for all the replys

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

@Ackbar: Congrats on your purchase! Feel free to add to the friends list. :P

wildhoney66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wildhoney66

i can't say that i blame you at all. i've been looking all over the net still as mine hasn't been opened yet. i haven't had a chance to play it to be honest. i've been playing my 360 actually that i recently bought used. funny how it works out that way ya know? lol anyways the reason i'm still looking cause i don't want to feel like an idiot for not waiting yet at the same time i'm glad i didn't wait. cause i originally was going to wait but i thought screw it. what's sad i saw somewhere online is that apparently gamestop is selling less consoles than they used to thanks to those stupid games on ones phones or ipads i don't care for those i prefer consoles or handhelds myself. those are to me actual games. sorry for going off topic a bit folks and i am also curious if the price will go down as well.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

congrats on the Ps4

Ackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ackbar

@wildhoney66: your right those games in ipad and Phone are crap and have microtrasactions. Only a few games are actultly fun on there.

Ackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ackbar

@Sokol4ever: erm im from the Eu so im not sure if it's worthwile. How do I add you to my friends list on the ps4? Love to have some friends on the ps4.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

@Ackbar: It's pretty simple and don't worry I have friends from all over the world. :P

1. To add Friends, select (Friends) from the main screen (PS4 XMB menu)

2. Enter the online ID (In this case Sokol4ever)

3. Select (Add Friend) and send a request.

Ackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ackbar

@Sokol4ever: can't vind your name. Something must be wrong and i don't know what...

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@Ackbar: If you are not interested in 4K than the new version of the PS is not for you. Also, it will most likely only be 4K video playback, if it was 4K gaming than it would be over $1000. Totally not worth it in my opinion.

wildhoney66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wildhoney66

buying a system once is enough for me unless it breaks down, and of course i'm referring to the people who already own a PS4 who no doubt will upgrade to the 4.5 or whatever the hell it's going to be called ? from my understanding the upgrade as i was watching videos on you tube last nite and if the info is correct, you will be able to play the games that are made for it, certain games i dunno leaving out the VR games i assume. on the system but they won't be as nice and shiny as they would be

on the 4.5. personally i don't really care because games today have outstanding graphics, yes the Wii had plenty of graphics that were pretty bad don't get me wrong. but i'm from the 80's friends and i still have an NES and i still play it every now and than. and those were pixel games pretty much unlike today's games that are realistic pretty much. anyways my point is having said that i'm okay with a standard PS4. the graphics are still going to look good no matter what. i've been playing arkham asylum and City lately and those games have outstanding graphics. weather it's the remastered version or not they still look great even a few years after they 1st came out.

Ackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ackbar

You know if you wait you keep waiting....forever

Life is short, enjoy now.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@Ackbar said:

You know if you wait you keep waiting....forever

Life is short, enjoy now.

This is true. I do think there's some prudence in waiting for little landmark moments so you can make an informed choice, but - these things are toys and meant to be played with. People obsessing over waiting for the next best thing will just be missing out on hours of game time. Of course, if there is writing on the wall that support is ending / a discontinuation is happening (e.g., Wii U), then you might take a different perspective. But otherwise, eh. If it's got the games you want and is getting more, then go for it. It's not like I hesitate to play 20-year old consoles, so why would I hesitate to play a PS4 with a Neo on the horizon?