buy at circuit city?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mozesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mozesx
Member since 2004 • 4049 Posts

My plan for the next month was to buy LittleBIGPlanet, Bioshock, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, and Resistance 2 the days they came out at GameStop.

But I just learned that if I buy LBP at Circuit City I get a $15 gift card, and a $10 one for R2. But does that store have games on Tuesdays or the day after? I want to wait till I get both cards and then buy Bioshock with them.

Also, I can get $10 off of Motorstorm and free shipping if I get it from Amazon. Do I have to wait long to get the game?

Thanks.

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 im_mr_brown
Member since 2006 • 2970 Posts
i bought mgs4 and got a free strategy guide and gta4 from circuit city and got my gift certificate with the purchase. they usually do have them on tuesdays. at least the one i go to.
inthered2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 inthered2
Member since 2004 • 1156 Posts

Seriously. Get your games from CC. If you have such a hard time buying the games there and have to go somewhere else, that is totally understandable. Although, when you buy them at CC you get a nice, tiny cash back from them.

It's common sense.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
You know I think the real way you use that deal is to apply the gift card to the purchase, so they don't have to go through the task of actually giving you one. Its easier for everyone that way, you save 10-15 bucks and thats just an extra 25 bucks in your pocket, instead of on a gift card that you have to use at circuit city.
mozesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mozesx
Alright, thanks. I'm just a very impatient person but I can wait even a day if it means a little extra money.
mozesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mozesx

But isn't it the point that they give you the gift card so that you applyit to something else, prefferebly something expensive, that way you purchase more?

I'll call them and see.

Avatar image for RoyceNickelNine
RoyceNickelNine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RoyceNickelNine
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
suP everyone new to the board...I myself work at CC...and idk why people don't buy their games from there more often when everyone is going to gamestop to pre-order!! we had so much stock left in Big titles such as GTA4 and MGS4 when it first came out cuz no one comes to get videogames at the store...and I just wonder bc we usually include a strategy guide or a nice little gift card
im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 im_mr_brown
Member since 2006 • 2970 Posts
when i buy new releases i get them from cc. i wouldn't buy them anywhere else. certainly not gamestop. but, i usually just buy games off ebay a couple months after release and get them for about $40. true story.
bwrector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bwrector
Member since 2004 • 149 Posts
My CC doesn't have any of the new releases, I just called about Dead Space :(