Borderlands 2 for Vita

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

Anyone play it yet? I saw it as a new release on the PSN store and was curious if it plays exactly like it's console counterparts.

I have it for Xbox 360 and easily places in my top 10 games. Don't know if it's worth the price of $40 to give it another go for the Vita, if it plays exactly the same as the original.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#2 dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

There're some gameplay videos on YouTube, and reddit/vita is full of comments. Go check them out.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

there is a gameplay video here on gamespot as well... :)

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

It plays pretty good for handheld. I hear some complaints and frame rate drops but I don't notice it enough to take away from the game. If you like borderlands 2 and have a vita and want to play it again on the go then it's for u.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

I've heard it is good, they scaled the graphics down a bit to get it working on the Vita, but there are frame rate drops that can be frustrating. If you can deal with frame rate issues then try it out. It comes packed with dlc and will keep you busy for a long time.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

So far I have played about two hours (just got it) and it's been pretty good. The graphics are impressive considering the scope of the game on a handheld. The framerate may take some getting used to but so far I haven't experienced any distracting dips in framerate (it dips some but nothing crazy so far). There have been some instances of the sound having issues, but that's mainly with the voices, as the weapons all seem to work fine (except one gun, but I think that may be more due to its stats since I used another gun the same class and it worked just fine). I was reading that the day 1 patch (released on the 14th I believe) really improved a lot of the issues, but most of the official reviews were finished prior to the patch coming out so their score is technically justified for the product they reviewed. So far I'm rather impressed with the game and how it runs/looks/plays, and this is coming from someone who was really skeptical after reading some of the official reviews.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

@MondasM said:

Come on. We all know that Gamespot is not the right place for Vita gamers. Almost no news, a few reviews from time to time written by mostly unknown editors, and a couple of short gameplay videos... Won't change that. He can find tons of stuff elsewhere.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Does anyone else feel like aiming and shooting kinda lags. It seems like a shoot at a guy it takes a second or 2 for it to register.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

@dipdish said:

@MondasM said:

Come on. We all know that Gamespot is not the right place for Vita gamers. Almost no news, a few reviews from time to time written by mostly unknown editors, and a couple of short gameplay videos... Won't change that. He can find tons of stuff elsewhere.

true... :D