blue ray movies on ps3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ltfan15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 ltfan15
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts
i like the playstation three the games look. but what i want to know is do the movies play as good on a ps3 as they do on a blue ray player.
bobbyD213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bobbyD213
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts
yup
oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 oldskooler79
Member since 2004 • 1632 Posts

The guys over at avsforum who really know their stuff have all said that PS3 is currently tied for the best overall quality during Blu-ray playback. The PS3 is actually more responsive then most other players. It has quicker load times, ability to update via firmware, has all the sound formats, and it also happens to have really good dvd upscaling.

In fact, not to toot my own horn (or yours) but well mastered dvds look as good on my plasma as the average Blu-ray. Let me explain... Right now the benchark reference Blu-ray disk is Ultraviolet. Ultraviolet has a 3-d image that not one second during the complete film you think your watching nothing but mind boggling high def. Then you got your next tier of about 50 or so movies that are still somewhat 3-d and pristine. On my Pioneer 42" plasma, when I select DVD upscaling to normal, most all of the newer movies like Spiderman 3, Die Hard 4, etc look like they belong in this tier. Not a spec of grain or imperfections in the picture. It's flatout amazing I tell ya.

I'm sure Blu-ray will become ever better overtime as they master the compression, and free up space for better encoding procedures and what not. Until then, the PS3 will play all your Blu-ray collection the best it possibly can (as well as dvds). So, it's a no-brainer purchase IMO.

Urlacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#4 Urlacher54
Member since 2003 • 524 Posts
Does playing Blue-Rays and DVDs on the PS3 kill the system the way that playing DVDs killed the PS2? Does it wear out the motor or screw up the lens or anything like DVDs did on the old PS2?