Bloodborne Reviews

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d
deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

I haven't bought Bloodborne yet but I have just been looking at some of the reviews around the place and got a little pang of worry.

People have been mentioning that there are no checkpoints except at each boss. Now that sounds a LOT like Demon's Souls where you only get to a node/bonfire at the start of each instance and then after each boss.

Is that the case with Bloodborne?

I've recently started playing Demon's Souls and I'm not sold on it. One of the biggest reasons for this was it felt like a frigging lifetime getting from the start of each area to the boss. In Dark Souls you at least had the odd bonfire to squat down at every once in a while but Demon's Souls felt more like an old school game where if you died you started the level again.

I didn't like that all that much. Just made the entire game tedious. Basically removed all of the fun of beating an area. I never felt elated by my progress only glad I didn't need to do it again.

In Dark Souls that wasn't the case, I did feel the fun and the elation of my success. Probably because the distance you had to cover in each area didn't feel like a ten day hike each and every time.

So what is Bloodborne closer to, Dark or Demon's? Or in the middle?

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

There are short cuts for the boss encounters.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Dannystaples14 said:

I haven't bought Bloodborne yet but I have just been looking at some of the reviews around the place and got a little pang of worry.

People have been mentioning that there are no checkpoints except at each boss. Now that sounds a LOT like Demon's Souls where you only get to a node/bonfire at the start of each instance and then after each boss.

Is that the case with Bloodborne?

I've recently started playing Demon's Souls and I'm not sold on it. One of the biggest reasons for this was it felt like a frigging lifetime getting from the start of each area to the boss. In Dark Souls you at least had the odd bonfire to squat down at every once in a while but Demon's Souls felt more like an old school game where if you died you started the level again.

I didn't like that all that much. Just made the entire game tedious. Basically removed all of the fun of beating an area. I never felt elated by my progress only glad I didn't need to do it again.

In Dark Souls that wasn't the case, I did feel the fun and the elation of my success. Probably because the distance you had to cover in each area didn't feel like a ten day hike each and every time.

So what is Bloodborne closer to, Dark or Demon's? Or in the middle?

It's like in Dark Souls where if you make it to a boss and trip everything you an along the way if you die you'll be able to take a faster (but not fast by any means) trip back to the boss.

You're still going to have to kill a boatload of guys on the way though.

Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d
deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#4  Edited By deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

@Jaysonguy: Oh okay. That sounds fine. Hell killing stuff is pretty much what these games are about.

@ShimmerMan: Awesome thanks.

It's just when the route back takes ages it really takes the fun out of it. I'm all for challenge but being tediously long for the sake of it would be boring. People's reviews weren't filling me with optimism.

I'm looking forward to getting to play this beast now.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Dannystaples14: you can go back to the hubworld and save

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Jaysonguy: Yeah you can kill them, or if you're good enough, run past em.