Bioshock 2 question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fdd10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 fdd10
Member since 2009 • 76 Posts

Bioshock 2 looks really sick, and I might be picking it up tomorrow. I haven't played the first Bioshock, so in terms of the story, will i be okay without knowing what happened in the first one? Please don't say the games are **** or anything like that.

Love_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Love_Lord
Member since 2009 • 154 Posts

BASIC SPOILER

It's set 10 years after the original, you are the original Big Daddy

END OF SPOILER

This means you probably need to know the Bioshock 1's story, or at least read the main plot online, to fully understand Bioshock 2, hope it helps...

zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

I'm sure you'd be fine playing any sequel without playing it's predecessor, but with Bioshock the game revolves entirely around it's story. I would say pick up &play the first before the second.

krsvbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 krsvbg
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

Yes, they're very related. Play BioShock first! Not only is it awesome, but it's only 20 bucks too. Plus, you'll get a feel of the game's dynamics and you'll do much better in the 2nd one.

darkman006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 darkman006
Member since 2009 • 933 Posts
You can probably play the second one without playing the first one but then you wouldn't know the relationships between the characters of the Big Daddy's and little sisters. And then there's Adam and plasmids. You could probably grab the first one pretty cheap. I bought it for $30 cdn.
BdogTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 BdogTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 675 Posts
you should really play the 1st before the 2nd
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
I'm not very far into it yet, but it seems like you would be fine to play it without playing the first. There may be other things that come along that would tie the story to the first game more, but so far I haven't really seen any ties to the first game aside from Tenenbaum and the Little Sisters. That being said, I'd still recommend picking up the first game first. It had an amazing story, and there could possibly more connections that I haven't seen yet since like I said, I'm not very far yet.
fdd10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 fdd10
Member since 2009 • 76 Posts

So i went to gamestop today, and they didn't have the first one, so i just picked up the 2nd one (and inFAMOUS) it's a good game, but i think i should have gotten the 1st. thanks guys

Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
well it would help in understanding the feeling of rapture and what thats all about. i just finished bio2 today and its awesome. the online it prettty addicting