This topic is locked from further discussion.

eldogg23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 eldogg23
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts
is there a strategy to beating them
--Rob--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 --Rob--
Member since 2009 • 376 Posts
They be wooping me as well.......
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Which one specifically? The Security Bullseye Plasmid can be mighty handy.
shhbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 shhbob
Member since 2008 • 1035 Posts

innit there r quite hard to beat,

i found that armour pericing bullets, with machine gun worked quite well; or u could use shotgun with eletric buck or explosive buck...

hav fun...

blank33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 blank33
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts
Luring them into water and using electricity on them is useful. But armor piercing rounds are your best bet.
fishbonium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fishbonium88
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I only played through the game once on normal, but I didn't find the Big Daddies too tough. Utilize the tools you have in strategic ways.

Lay mines before you attack in a trail leading to you. If the Rosies can't see you, they'll run towards your location until they can see you. Bouncers just blitz you. Two to three mines would do a good chunk of damage, then I could widdle them down with grenades, heat seeking rockets, a machine gun with armor piercing rounds, or a shotty with electric or explosive rounds (normal shot works really well too on an upgraded shotty). Try to have these weapons upgraded, I used them the most against Big Daddies and found them and their ammo strategies most useful.

Don't forget plasmids. Winter blast is good for freezing a Bouncer in place so you can get some distance and free damage on it. Swarm is all around good for damage and keeping them busy at times. If you can, use Fury (or Frenzy, I forget it's name) to make Splicers attack the Big Daddy you are tagerting BEFORE you attack it. Target dummies can keep Big Daddies off of your back.

Don't forget to research Big Daddies with the camera as much as possible (as well as Little Sisters). Every damage bonus you can get helps.

Good luck and godspeed.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 emitsu97
Another nifty trick is sticking 5 or so proximity mines on an explosive barrel then using Telekinesis to whip it at a Big Daddy to start the fight with big damage upfront.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Another nifty trick is sticking 5 or so proximity mines on an explosive barrel then using Telekinesis to whip it at a Big Daddy to start the fight with big damage upfront.emitsu97
Argh... I was in the middle of typing that up, refreshed and you beat me to it. :P
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 emitsu97
[QUOTE="emitsu97"]Another nifty trick is sticking 5 or so proximity mines on an explosive barrel then using Telekinesis to whip it at a Big Daddy to start the fight with big damage upfront.raven_squad
Argh... I was in the middle of typing that up, refreshed and you beat me to it. :P

I have Sportsboost 2 in my Forum Track.
mirko_j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mirko_j
Member since 2004 • 528 Posts
There is that grenade launcher type of gun, that also fires the mines. I had usually 12 of those grenades and they were very effective against the Big Daddies. In fact it was pretty easy, it takes like 8 to kill him, and when you keep firing at them with those, they get kinda knocked out, so they dont' shoot you or come running at you. The only problem is that after 4 you have to reload, and reloading takes some time. So while realoading you have to back up before the Big Daddy reacts to the attack.
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
I used the charm big daddy plasmid and made them fight each other.
hassanfadil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hassanfadil
Member since 2003 • 1051 Posts
I used the charm big daddy plasmid and made them fight each other.JKnaperek
I use this idea too
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
Keep respawns turned on and just repeatedly run at it with the wrench :P.
mirko_j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mirko_j
Member since 2004 • 528 Posts

Keep respawns turned on and just repeatedly run at it with the wrench :P. Silent-Hal

Lol, or just keep taking pictures of him with the camera until he gets tired...

zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts
yeah, don't let them hit you(lol), and upgrade your grenade launcher to max damage right away. the heat seekers work real well.
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#17 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts
i havent played it in forever, but i think i shot it with a rocket launcher thing 1st and used grenades. and then if tht didnt get em, i killd em w the shotgun to finish him off
--Rob--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 --Rob--
Member since 2009 • 376 Posts
So in other words, when we have every weapon in the game, we can use those. Thanks! Lots of help folks.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 emitsu97
So in other words, when we have every weapon in the game, we can use those. Thanks! Lots of help folks.--Rob--
You don't have to kill each Big Daddy when you come across them. I'm playing Survivor/No Vita and skipped the first 2 Big Daddies, killed a few with some difficulty, eventually got Security Bullseye and the Chemical Thrower in Arcadia, and have been cleaning them up since.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I usually shoot them..a lot.
chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts
[QUOTE="raven_squad"][QUOTE="emitsu97"]Another nifty trick is sticking 5 or so proximity mines on an explosive barrel then using Telekinesis to whip it at a Big Daddy to start the fight with big damage upfront.emitsu97

I have Sportsboost 2 in my Forum Track.

haha. that is funny. Anyways, the cross bow incendiary arrows work pretty well against big daddies. Just shock them and then fire the arrow at him. shock and shoot.