This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CaIypzo (125 posts) -
I want a game for a bit me-time :) The most game i have are based for the multiplayer (Borderlands, Resident Evil 5 & 6, LOTR War In the North,...) Wich game is looking for the best solo-campaign? Its needs to be long and i don't want bored in the middle of campaign, so i hope on upgrade-possibilities... Gimme gimme!
#2 Posted by finalserenade75 (2162 posts) -

Jak & Daxter, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, InFamous 1/2, God of War III, Dragon Age: Origins, Assassin's Creed II, Final Fantasy XIII, Mass Effect 1/2/3, Ratcher & Clank Future: Crack in Time, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Enslaved, Heavenly Sword, Darksiders I/II, Uncharted 1/2/3.

#3 Posted by RubyLarkspur71 (25 posts) -

I've spent the most time playing Red Dead Redemption and Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning.

#4 Posted by CaIypzo (125 posts) -

Jak & Daxter, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, InFamous 1/2, God of War III, Dragon Age: Origins, Assassin's Creed II, Final Fantasy XIII, Mass Effect 1/2/3, Ratcher & Clank Future: Crack in Time, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Enslaved, Heavenly Sword, Darksiders I/II, Uncharted 1/2/3.

finalserenade75
Hmm... Thanks for such a list, men! About Dragon Age: Origins... Will i miss alot if i buy the second without playing Origins? And about the list... If you can only pick 3 of them... Wich one? And if its the second or third part, tell me if i need to play the previous parts to. Thanks!
#5 Posted by finalserenade75 (2162 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalserenade75"]

CaIypzo

Hmm... Thanks for such a list, men! About Dragon Age: Origins... Will i miss alot if i buy the second without playing Origins? And about the list... If you can only pick 3 of them... Wich one? And if its the second or third part, tell me if i need to play the previous parts to. Thanks!

You would miss quite a bit if you play II without playing Origins. Many people, myself included, believe that Origins is the superior one anyway so buy that one instead. II was very fun all around though, so while you may miss some things about the game, playing it by itself should still be loads of fun.

As for what 3 I would choose: Jak & Daxter Collection (you get 3 games in 1, and they're all fantastic), Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Assassin's Creed II. You can get these games for 20 bucks (or less) each.

I also forgot to mention Dishonored and Hitman: Absolution.

#6 Posted by ristactionjakso (6118 posts) -

finalserenade75

I would like to add Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs, Valkyria Chronicles, Crysis 1.

#7 Posted by shalashaska88 (3113 posts) -

Journey but it ain't long.

#8 Posted by Nophoria88 (410 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaIypzo"][QUOTE="finalserenade75"]

finalserenade75

You would miss quite a bit if you play II without playing Origins. Many people, myself included, believe that Origins is the superior one anyway so buy that one instead. II was very fun all around though, so while you may miss some things about the game, playing it by itself should still be loads of fun.

As for what 3 I would choose: Jak & Daxter Collection (you get 3 games in 1, and they're all fantastic), Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Assassin's Creed II. You can get these games for 20 bucks (or less) each.

I also forgot to mention Dishonored and Hitman: Absolution.

I really don't think you need to play the first to play the second, but I agree the first is better, though the second had combat I enjoyed more. I'd also agree that Darksiders II, Jak & Daxter and the inFamous games are great single player games.
#9 Posted by brickdoctor (9746 posts) -

Mass Effect 2

Fallout 3

Dragon Age: Origins

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Fallout: New Vegas

So basically any good WRPG is a solid choice.

#10 Posted by sukraj (24187 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption

Infamous 1 and 2

Far Cry 3

#11 Posted by Sprock26 (30 posts) -

Funny noone mentions Skyrim...

#12 Posted by MondasM (1376 posts) -
i am almost 2/3 finished in far cry 3, it took me about 22 hours to get this far with most of the side quests (except a couple of races) done, i highly recommend it if you are into shooters with rpg elements and a huuuuge open world...
#13 Posted by CTR360 (7401 posts) -
for this list borderlans re5&6
#14 Posted by SgtSutton (430 posts) -

Sprock26

I was going to suggest it, I think its a great game, plus you can waste hours of your life doing almost nothing in the game. I'd recommend it

#15 Posted by koospetoors (3262 posts) -
Yakuza 4! The game easily lasts into the 60-90 hour mark if you plan on doing everything, damn thing is literally overflowing with a variety of content to go through. Far Cry 3 is also a pretty fantastic choice, it can easily last you over 20 hours, has a decent levelling system with an awesome set of skills and is just plain fun.
#16 Posted by conmbo2 (104 posts) -

I want a game for a bit me-time :) The most game i have are based for the multiplayer (Borderlands, Resident Evil 5 & 6, LOTR War In the North,...) Wich game is looking for the best solo-campaign? Its needs to be long and i don't want bored in the middle of campaign, so i hope on upgrade-possibilities... Gimme gimme!CaIypzo

I honestly would be bored with all of those games... if I had to pick one id probally say... resident evil 6 is the best solo but if you could shell out 15 dollars go with what i have below... if you can't go with RE6

Heavy Rain was awesome... its like an interactive movie...

my second choice would be "alan wake" ... good story

#17 Posted by lensflare15 (6197 posts) -

Infamous, Fallout 3, Uncharted 1 and 2, The Walking Dead, Yakuza 4

#18 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

Sprock26

Might be because of it's PS3-DLC-Backstory. Even I as a PC Gamer who has the game on PC and with all so far released Add Ons, as owner of a PS3 as well Bethesda has just lost a lot of respect from me for how they handle the PS3 Players.

#19 Posted by Alter_Echo (10722 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sprock26"]

SgtSutton

I was going to suggest it, I think its a great game, plus you can waste hours of your life doing almost nothing in the game because it's running at an unplayable 2 frames per second. I'd recommend it.

#20 Posted by jetjetjaguar (191 posts) -
I'm a solo gamer for the most part and the ones that I love to death are... Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock I (for the story), Bioshock 2 (for the game play), Dead Space 1 and 2, Mass Effect 2 (liked Mass Effect 1 a lot but 2 is much better). I'm currently midway in and loving inFamous 2. Off them all I was most impressed by Red Dead but.... I have such a blast playing the Dead Spaces, they are they only big games that I come close to trophying-out. Both Mass Effects were great but each had a moment where I said "whew, this is a lot of work"... then they got better. Games that I liked and played a lot of but gave up on cuz they just were not "doing it for me": Skyrim, Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto 4, L.A. Noire.
#21 Posted by clr84651 (5557 posts) -

1. Dark Souls or Demon's Souls if you aren't bothered by dieing a lot and a challenge.

2. Darksiders 1 or 2

3. God of War games.

4. Dead Space 1, but not 2 it was too hard and was uninteresting and a dumb ending.

#22 Posted by Mitten123 (396 posts) -

MGS4?