Best games for PS3 that no one knows about?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

msulcs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 msulcs
Member since 2011 • 45 Posts

I Was looking for some games on Amazon and I saw there so many titles that I've never heard about, and that got me thinking - what are the best games for PS3 that no one knows about? They don't have to be perfect, just worth the money.

Most of the titles that I saw had pretty bad reviews.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I would say Deadly premonition. Perhaps its overlooked because of the way it looks graphically, but its probably my favourite horror game and has one of the best stories in gaming.

A lot of overlooked games out there overshadowed by big name titles.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#3 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I would recommend Folklore if you haven't heard of it

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

Okami HD is criminally overlooked

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#5 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@msulcs said:

I Was looking for some games on Amazon and I saw there so many titles that I've never heard about, and that got me thinking - what are the best games for PS3 that no one knows about? They don't have to be perfect, just worth the money.

Most of the titles that I saw had pretty bad reviews.

Binary Domain (not well known, but is perfect), Singularity (same perfect under known game), Trinity Souls of Zill O'll (not perfect but still worth the money).

Barracuda54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Barracuda54
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

Well I'm old school and I'd probably get laughed right off the board here for this comment so I'm going to put my Captain America shield over my head and say I'd like to see two Franchises ported to the PS3:

1. The Silent Scope Trilogy

2. Miner 2049er/ Bounty Bob Strikes Back

I poured so many quarters into Silent Scope, it was a sin...loved that game, just hope they improve the joystick function, played it on the iPad and the joystick function sucked.

As for Miner 2049er and BBSB, I probably played these two games back in the 80s more than just about anything else, nothing great about graphics but it was damn fun to play.

It is my hope that if these games could be ported, the graphics could be vastly improved for the PS3 and PS4.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#7 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

I think the most under appreciated game on the PS3 is Deadliest Warrior Legends - available via PSN or on disc. The best fighting game on the PS3 in my opinion - simple controls and with the ability to dismember your opponent like a piece of ham. And it has a Risk type component if you just get bored of chopping up your mates.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts
  1. Dragon's Crown, how so many people and gaming sites don't mention this come best GOTY mentions still baffles me.
  2. Binary Domain, boring MP but epic SP. Blasting robots into tiny bits of scrap never gets old, plus the story has a few interesting twists and turns.
  3. F1 Race Stars, I remember playing the hell out of the demo then it came onto PS+. When my + time ran out first thing I did was buy this game at almost full retail price and I still have no regrets, I never understood the complaints about it being a Mario Kart clone. The fact that it is completely unique being the only kart racer to have an emphasis on braking over sliding proves this theory wrong, if that's the case then every FPS is just a Doom clone and you shouldn't bother with them either. It's not exactly one of the best games of the gen but I still enjoy a quick blast on this game now and then.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is a really good game and the ending is awesome (it drags a bit in the middle, but that doesn't ruin the game or anything).

RadTad62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 RadTad62
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts

Siren Blood Curse was a good one

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Nino Kuni, great underrated game

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

ni no kuni darksiders2 enslaved vanguish rayman origin rayman legends

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

3d Dot Game Heroes. If you like classic Zelda, you will love this one.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#14  Edited By jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

Resonance of Fate is a great RPG

msulcs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 msulcs
Member since 2011 • 45 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions. Some great never heard before games you mentioned. I'll sure check some of them out!

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#16 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i'm sure people have heard of these, but they're great anyway and not that well known:

everyday shooter: i go back and replay this like a favorite rock album. it's pretty much as perfect design.

nelson tethers:puzzle agent: it's always annoyed me when adventure games throw in archaic puzzles just to have something "game-y" to do. nelson tethers is based off of that absurd notion and it's hilarious for it. also, it has waldo of "where's waldo?" fame as a burnt out puzzle junkie.

closure: it's a puzzle game built around hesitations about the afterlife. solve a puzzle with uncertainty!