Been tempted to ditch ur PSN account, to start a fresh new one?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

B_Of_Vengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 B_Of_Vengeance
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Have u ever played a game online, and u had a horrible record in it. Ur record is so bad there is like no coming back from it, so u ditch ur PSN account and start up a new one. My cousin is notorious for this, but i have felt tempted to do the same after my last lost in a horrible football game. Im not gonna do it because my call of duty account is like crazy good, but i was wondering has anyone ever been tempted to do so because they can't take a loss, or a certain blemish is F'ing up their online account record?
LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts
I was forced to make a new account because I couldn't login my old ones and I don't know why.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts
I'll never ditch my PSN, I've used this name since Socom and it's going to stay that way FOOOOOOOOORRRREVER!!
mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mosespippy
Member since 2005 • 7501 Posts
I have my Japanese account if I want to start fresh, but I wouldn't ditch my main account. Some people call it Nick-laming, but if they don't find out your alternate name then no one will know you had really bad stats.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
nope, i'd thought about ditching my GS account, because i picked a name based on a trend, but thankfully i don't have that problem with my PS account :D
grathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 grathan
Member since 2007 • 202 Posts
I'm proud of my losses and missed shots, they are part of who I am. Maybe if a clan looks at certain stats for acceptance, but that is more work than it's worth if your nothing but numbers to them.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Nah, I don't really care about my K/D ratio. I just play to have fun. What's the point of taking it so seriously when it's susposed to be entertainment and not a job or a chore? I can see worrying about K/D ratio if it's a contest and the best score wins something. But people go completely nuts over it just to have a name on a score board or website when in fact the question still stands, "what do you win?"

I also prefer to keep 1 identity. It also helps when online friends are trying to seek you in another game. It becomes a pain for some people to remember different names from 1 game to the next. Plus, I've had this name for years.

I will always be Denji (or if the name is taken, attach 1979 to it)

Also, my K/D ratio helps sometimes. It shows I'm just a human playing a game. Especially if someone calls me out saying I'm cheating or something. I just say "You think so? Look at my K/D ratio and shut up!" lol

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

Nah, I don't really care about my K/D ratio. I just play to have fun. What's the point of taking it so seriously when it's susposed to be entertainment and not a job or a chore? I can see worrying about K/D ratio if it's a contest and the best score wins something. But people go completely nuts over it just to have a name on a score board or website when in fact the question still stands, "what do you win?"

I also prefer to keep 1 identity. It also helps when online friends are trying to seek you in another game. It becomes a pain for some people to remember different names from 1 game to the next. Plus, I've had this name for years.

Also, my K/D ratio helps sometimes. It shows I'm just a human playing a game. Especially if someone calls me out saying I'm cheating or something. I just say "You think so? Look at my K/D ratio and shut up!" lol

Denji

I'm on the same page as this guy.lol...But I do have an additional account for guest who might want to play online.

JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts
[QUOTE="Denji"]

MERC_RECONN

I'm on the same page as this guy.lol...But I do have an additional account for guest who might want to play online.

Yeah I have a guest account for others, but as for me, I use one account only, and that's my main account.

Wuflungdung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Wuflungdung
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts
I have had my nickname for over 10 years, why change it now?
Mujambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mujambo
Member since 2007 • 1039 Posts
After putting in tons of play into CoD4 and Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 online, I wouldn't ditch mine. Sure I have thought about a name change but to start all over is definitely not worth it. I have 4 people on my friends list with two accounts each - two of them used the second account because they maxed out the CoD4 rankings and the other two made the accounts for friends to play on without ruining their stats. I let my friends play on my account - sure it's not nice to wreck my k/d ratio or any other stat but come on, I much rather make my friends enjoy playing the game at my place over being a jerk and making them play with some other account. You never really build up your stats if you keep creating accounts too since you're probably gonna ditch the new one in a little while
jonny58182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jonny58182
Member since 2007 • 76 Posts

I did start a new PSN account. Just so I could go onto CoD4 and beat everyone. People don't take it lightly when somebody who is at level one is getting the same kills as a Gold Cross.

Hehe :)

Avatar image for 2headedhawaiian
2headedhawaiian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 2headedhawaiian
Member since 2005 • 1531 Posts
I have a second account for noobie friends for games where simliar skill match-making is involved (Resistance, for instance). I've never felt the desire to change my online ID, especially to make KDRs look better. Gamers who only care about this kind of crap are the reason I will never join a clan with non-friends. I play games to have fun, not to be the best at something that has no bearing in the real world.
inFamous_Nik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 inFamous_Nik
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts

well only because of all the BS people on Madden who quit cuz ur beating them 56 - 7 n u just scored again. n the game coincidentally stops n says "The connection to your opponent has been lost." resulting in a loss on ur part for no damn reason. thats the only reason i have ever wanted to make a new account. but i love my PSNid. its NotoriousNIK.... n i love hearin people on rainbow n CoD4 yell NOTOOORIOUS!!!!

but on a side note.... i really hope EA fixes that problem with giving people a loss when the other person gets pissed n quits on u

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

It's cool to have that option to start a new account, but I have no reason to do so. I never really cared much for stats. To be honest, when I get online, I usually get on to have fun, interact with other mature gamers (Very rare to find mature gamers). I could have had a 0.12 k/d in COD4 or have a 1:21 win:lose ration and still would not care for it. As long as I am having fun. I have gotten frustrated at times but it's nothing to take seriously.

Unless I crack into the top 5 of the leaderboard, which I know I won't because I have other things to take care of, stats are meaningless.

bigburd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bigburd
Member since 2004 • 1281 Posts
i created a new one for the Double XP weekend for COD4 a couple weeks back, still kept my old one though. Me and a clan mate did it mainly to see how fast we would rank up and because it was hilarious when we were dominating people that had gold crosses even though we were around lvl 5
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#17 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I'll never ditch my PSN, I've used this name since Socom and it's going to stay that way FOOOOOOOOORRRREVER!!RMANPOWER
That works with the sig.

I've done it on Tekken5DR, but it's the same name. Not my PSN ID.

DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts
Eh, who really cares about an online gaming record, I don't think its worth setting up a new ID. But DEWMAN08 has been my name in all my things online.
wagstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wagstar
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

And no longer be JonBongJovi? Are you crazy? Thats the greatest name ever, right along with my roomies ID JRR-Token. Nothing beats someone calling out the name and stopping in he middle of their sentence to laugh over how rediculous the name is.

It's gold Jerry, gold!

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts
nah.. i don't care enough about my score to delete it. the important thing is to have fun! plus swamplord is used everywhere i go so not having it would be weird...
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts

back when i first got my PS3 my PSN was Cool_Dust but i just did not like it so i changed it 2 CoolDust lol