Draco_Evolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Draco_Evolve
Member since 2016 • 87 Posts

Simple question really, how is your backlog of games looking like? How are you planning to complete them before the big months of August onwards? Any tips will be appreciated as I am in a serious mess right now :/

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Pretty cool collection of empty cases that you have there.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

After last X-mas my 'recent' backlog was fairly huge, right now I'm close to caught up on that. Working on Mad Max right now, Just Cause 3 and MGSV are close to the top, but who knows if I get to them. I still have Bioshock Infinite close to the top of my backlog. I'll never get through my actual backlog tho, I'd guess at least half of my collection hasn't been played yet.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4  Edited By Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

I have over 100 games that I haven't played and I don't know even know when I'm gonna start.

Draco_Evolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Draco_Evolve

@Kruiz_Bathory: @suicidesn0wman: how did you manage to get through them?

And wow 100 games? I dont feel so bad anymore lol

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 suicidesn0wman

@draco_evolve: lol @ 100 games, my backlog is over 1000 by now. I don't expect to get through them, but one thing I do try to do is have a gaming night with a buddy or two, and we spend 15-20 minutes with a bunch of different games to see what might have been fun to spend more time with. We alternate between retro and modern, that sometimes helps clear out a bunch of backlog games, though to be honest, it usually just confirms that those are games I need to play.

Draco_Evolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Draco_Evolve

@suicidesn0wman: wow man. Just wow. Thats waaaaay tooo much

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 suicidesn0wman

@draco_evolve: I'm a collector, much like the guy who took the photo you used in the OP. Some weekends I go out and buy more games at garage sales and thrift stores in 8 hours than I could possibly play in an entire year w/out quitting my job.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

@draco_evolve: yeah, you buy old systems and people sell their games with it for dirt cheap. Plus all the games I keep buying on sales it all adds up and it's intimidating.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10434 Posts
@suicidesn0wman said:

@draco_evolve: I'm a collector, much like the guy who took the photo you used in the OP. Some weekends I go out and buy more games at garage sales and thrift stores in 8 hours than I could possibly play in an entire year w/out quitting my job.

i would love to be your unemployed flat mate ;)

i'm just a compulsive game buyer. i've always had a backlog and always will. i don't place any deadlines on playing the games, i just play one whenever it tickles my fancy. my problem is i buy games even though i suspect i won't like them. i'm an optimist. one who's regularly disappointed :(

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By suicidesn0wman

@Macutchi said:
@suicidesn0wman said:

i would love to be your unemployed flat mate ;)

i'm just a compulsive game buyer. i've always had a backlog and always will. i don't place any deadlines on playing the games, i just play one whenever it tickles my fancy. my problem is i buy games even though i suspect i won't like them. i'm an optimist. one who's regularly disappointed :(

No room for a 'flat mate', my game room is the master bedroom and my bed is in the den. Pretty soon my hybrid living/dining room will become the game room while the master room will end up the retro room/study for gen 1-5 items and PC(which I have 4 from dif eras and about 500 PC games from 2005 and earlier). In essence, my apt is my man cave(but only because I can't find a house I like). lol

I'm similar but I also find ways to enjoy most games. I think part of it comes from expecting a game to be bad when it's really just average.

Draco_Evolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Draco_Evolve

@Macutchi: u can be my flat mate. It will give me the motivation to complete my games looking at u :p

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10434 Posts

@draco_evolve: sounds good. we'll play games in the evening and i'll play games with your mum during the day while you're at school ;)

Draco_Evolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Draco_Evolve

haha

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#15 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

One game at a time, maybe stop buying games if your backlog is huge and piling up.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By suicidesn0wman

@pillarrocks: Stop buying games? D=

Blasphemy!

Avatar image for adingoatemybaby
ADingoAteMyBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ADingoAteMyBaby
Member since 2016 • 63 Posts

Considering I collect consoles and games, you don't even want to see my backlog. I have around 25 years worth... I would put it at around 1,000 games I still need to play.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

my tip:

buy a game, play it, finish it, then buy another game...

if there is a sale and you end up buying many games, play them once at a time until you complete it (i personally try to complete all of the campaigns before jumping on to mp), of course if you still don't like playing the game after you've given it a try (in my case about 3 - 5 hours for aaa titles, about an hour for indies), ditch it for the next one... try to play different genre of games back to back, if you are playing an fps, try an action game afterwards, or strategy, that way you don't get burnt by the same genre of games and would appreciate each game individually more... once in a while try out the game you didn't like before, maybe it'l grow on you... :)

Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts

My only goal concerning my backlog is to finally finish off all my outstanding last gen games before 2017. Between PS3 and 360...I'm looking at a few dozen games (with a handful more I'll likely snag should I catch them on sale for a good price). A few hours each weeknight, the occasional weekend marathon...I'd say it's doable. I typically don't touch multiplayer and I no longer care about chasing trophies/achievements, so most games shouldn't take more than 12-15 hours. I should be able to bang out 2-3 a week. Though I'm going to take my time with the ones that warrant it; I still want to have fun and enjoy the games, not treat playing them like a job I'm grinding away at.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

Well my backlog is not close to that big. But I'll list

3DS-

• Mega Man X
  • Mega Man X2 (I'm not really a MM fan really, it's bet related to try these games)
  • Shinobi
  • Donkey Kong Arcade
  • Kirby: Planet Robobot

PS3-

• King of Fighters XIII
  • Twisted Metal
  • Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
  • Street Fighter IV Ultra
  • Demon's Souls
  • Enslaved

PS4-

• Ratchet and Clank
  • Resident Evil/ Biohazard: Revelations 2

P.C-

• D00M
  • The Chaos Engine
  • Undertale
  • Mount and Blade: Warband
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Disgaea: 2016 edition (I don't recommend it on P.C. get it on a PlayStation)
  • Dragons Dogma Online

*I don't count games I've since sold, or borrowed, but yeah. Most these I'll never finish anyway. . .Some are just horrible ports and/ or lost on my palette. Why I even got Undertale for example is beyond me. . .

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

I've got 150+ games in my backlog. I even still have around 2 dozen games still new, in the plastic wrap they came with when I bought them years ago that I haven't opened.

I'm finally starting to play Starpoint Gemini 2 that I've had on Steam since about the time the game was released (picked it up December 2014).

One game I know for sure that is still wrapped in plastic is Bioshock 2 (PC). I have it, but I haven't played it. I have one or two Red Faction games as well that are still wrapped in plastic.....I have a sickness for getting games and then not playing them. I like to collect PC games and I really enjoy physical copies (though they're much harder to come across these days for new releases).

Queeninex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Queeninex
Member since 2016 • 9 Posts

@draco_evolve: I've often wondered the answer to this question all the time.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I have purchased so many games during PSN flash sales. I have forty digital games that I still need to play on PS3 plus around eight physical games. I have to finish about seven PS4 titles. I need to finish about four Wii U titles, and about twelve games on the wii.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc06aedd290c
deactivated-5cc06aedd290c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5cc06aedd290c
Member since 2016 • 45 Posts

Just call it a library instead of a backlog, then there's no reason to beat them all and every reason to get more great games!

I try to pick three games at a time, one has to be a handheld game, and one has to be a thin-story action game.. then I just don't play any new games until I finish one of the three. As for buying I let myself by any decent rpg that's on sale(fav genre) and very very rarely preorder for games I'm super hyped on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc06aedd290c
deactivated-5cc06aedd290c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5cc06aedd290c
Member since 2016 • 45 Posts

Just call it a library instead of a backlog, then there's no reason to beat them all and every reason to get more great games!

I try to pick three games at a time, one has to be a handheld game, and one has to be a thin-story action game.. then I just don't play any new games until I finish one of the three. As for buying I let myself by any decent rpg that's on sale(fav genre) and very very rarely preorder for games I'm super hyped on.