Background Color Change with the Month?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ajmccarthy (563 posts) -
I got my PS3 in the beginning of January, time is set correctly, date is too etc... I thought I read that the background changes color each month, it was Yellow in January and Yellow now in Feb... did I read wrong? I know it does it on my PSP, anyone know the deal?
#2 Posted by ephoenix6 (434 posts) -
it does change, everyday it gradually changes color so that exactly every month later, you notice a different color, for example, november was red, december was white, august was brownish yellow, july will be blue, february will be green...
#3 Posted by arm9218 (503 posts) -
yep it does every month, i wish there were other backgrounds you could put, maybe wallpapers or screensavers
#4 Posted by lokestar (956 posts) -
I kind of like how the backgrounds are right now.  I think it's cool how it changes shades of color based on what time of day it is.
#5 Posted by whitey6 (1646 posts) -
I kind of like how the backgrounds are right now. I think it's cool how it changes shades of color based on what time of day it is.lokestar
I wish you could control what colors it is.
#6 Posted by lokestar (956 posts) -
I wonder when the downloadable backgrounds become available...  if when you download a background you may lose this feature, how it changes shades?  I'd rather have the plain color backgrounds that change color throughout the day, then to have some downloaded pic in that back that doesn't change at all.  That's just me though but, it would be cool if you could download some pic as your background, and have an option so that throughout the day, your background still changes shades.  An option that you could turn on or off depending if you like it or not?
#8 Posted by MusashiSensi (9583 posts) -
I kind of like how the backgrounds are right now.  I think it's cool how it changes shades of color based on what time of day it is.lokestar
Yes. I changes based on morning, afternoon & evening. Geeeesh! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
#9 Posted by lokestar (956 posts) -
[QUOTE="lokestar"]I kind of like how the backgrounds are right now. I think it's cool how it changes shades of color based on what time of day it is.MusashiSensi
Yes. I changes based on morning, afternoon & evening. Geeeesh! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

I was stating my opinion 1d10t!  I think I know why it does it!  *geesh* sometimes I worry about people in this forum.  what rock did you crawl out from?
#10 Posted by MusashiSensi (9583 posts) -
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="lokestar"]I kind of like how the backgrounds are right now. I think it's cool how it changes shades of color based on what time of day it is.lokestar

I was stating my opinion 1d10t!  I think I know why it does it!  *geesh* sometimes I worry about people in this forum.  what rock did you crawl out from?

That wasn't stated to you it was stated to the topic creator.
#11 Posted by Blitz_Nemesis (8042 posts) -
[QUOTE="lokestar"]I kind of like how the backgrounds are right now.  I think it's cool how it changes shades of color based on what time of day it is.MusashiSensi

Yah it changes by day pass. Yellow in morning, black by night.
#12 Posted by lokestar (956 posts) -
[QUOTE="lokestar"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="lokestar"]I kind of like how the backgrounds are right now. I think it's cool how it changes shades of color based on what time of day it is.MusashiSensi

I was stating my opinion 1d10t! I think I know why it does it! *geesh* sometimes I worry about people in this forum. what rock did you crawl out from?

That wasn't stated to you it was stated to the topic creator.

well my apologies for being rude to you then but, next time you might want to quote the topic creator instead of me.  sorry I took you the wrong way.
#13 Posted by Yankee_In_TX (732 posts) -
Mine isn't green, either...?
#14 Posted by ajmccarthy (563 posts) -
Hello idiot, I'm asking because aside to the darker shades at night, the COLOR itself has been the same since I got it, YELLOW. I'm asking if the COLOR, YELLOW, will change to a different COLOR..like Red, Blue etc.
#15 Posted by ajmccarthy (563 posts) -
that was to "Lokestar" who thinks he's a rocket scientist and wants to run his mouth.
#16 Posted by Radiozo (2413 posts) -
Light yellow is this months color.

Follow this link for information on the color of the month

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_Media_Bar

#17 Posted by whitey6 (1646 posts) -
Hello idiot, I'm asking because aside to the darker shades at night, the COLOR itself has been the same since I got it, YELLOW. I'm asking if the COLOR, YELLOW, will change to a different COLOR..like Red, Blue etc. ajmccarthy
When did you buy your PS3? Feb 1st, lol.
#18 Posted by Radiozo (2413 posts) -
Hello idiot, I'm asking because aside to the darker shades at night, the COLOR itself has been the same since I got it, YELLOW. I'm asking if the COLOR, YELLOW, will change to a different COLOR..like Red, Blue etc. ajmccarthy

Yes it will change. Light green is next months color. Check wikipedia.org for more info.
#19 Posted by ajmccarthy (563 posts) -
"When did you buy your PS3? Feb 1st, lol." January, try learning how to read. Also I'm glad this is funny to people who have nothing better to do than make stupid comments in between jerking off. Thanks to everyone who actually answered the question.
#20 Posted by LoboSolo (1136 posts) -
If you have a PSP, it's the same on it.