Are you happy with your Playstation Vita?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChuckShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChuckShot
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
This question goes out to the owners of the Playstation Vita and their experience with it. I have been seriously considering getting one as I have found some for around $100 recently. I have heard good things about them and just as many bad things; I have a year long subscription to Playstation Plus and I have seen the free games it includes for it. I just wondering if the system itself would be worth a $100 minimum investment. Thank you
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
For $100, absolutely. I got mine and an 8GB memory card for $128. It's well-rounded, has lots of games, and hopefully has the streaming options available soon.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I love my Vita.. awesome system!!
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts
I enjoy mine.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
Not really. I use it every so often but I feel like if I had the chance to get all of my money spent on it back I would. I paid full price for mine though. $100 is a great deal.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Still love the hardware (that screen!) but for games it's still really lacking. Couple it with PS+ and value gets a bit better. Then also pick up Persona 4 Golden for the best version of an already fantastic and a price-dropped Rayman Origins, which is absolutely gorgeous on the Vita.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

Another one of these...

I love my Vita.  $100 is a hell of a deal.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
I am happy with mine. Bought it during the BF sale at Amazon and got it for $110 (after selling the games and 4GB card I didn't want, bundle was 180). It could always use more software but the Vita has some great games on it. Definitely worth $100 imo, especially if you don't have a PSP or PS3 (and if steal if neither as there are loads of games then).
michel3105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 michel3105
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

I'm happy.

But I had some disappointment about some games not coming out or not being translated in English.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts
Mildly happy I am definitely enjoying the system but obviously the systems library could be improved alot. Can't wrap my mind around why no company offers the System Hardware of Sony, The First Party support of Nintendo, And amazing Third Party support , why is there no perfect system :(. I'm interested in seeing how the Mobile/IOS/Android Market goes, Apple is officially having controller support in their new IOS (along with their own controller) perhaps it will encourage more developers to support Buttons and and develop deeper games.
Wirrexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wirrexx
Member since 2003 • 1738 Posts

not at all.  have ad mine since february last year. And to be honest. There is not much to do with it atm. I dont want to play ps or psp games. I want original PSvita games. And the E3 for ps vita was the shitiest shit i have ever seen. Make urself a favour. Dont buy one right now. wait, wait untill they acctually bring games to it.

Im mad and sad. cause the hardware is a really fine thing. But it seems like not enough developer carefor it.

legendofsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 legendofsense
Member since 2013 • 320 Posts

It is what it is for me. I don't heavily invest my time on it. I have two games, Persona 4 Golden and Soul Sacrifice, both which are amazing games. Despite only having 2 games, I have never had buyer's remorse, but that's just me. 

mooooo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 mooooo99
Member since 2008 • 1252 Posts

i love my vita, i'll admit i dont play it as much as i would like, but its still one hell of a system. im still amazed by uncharted ga, such an awesome game.

piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
Right now I'm quite happy with it, but mostly because I'm re-playing Dissidia duodecim to play against a friend using adhoc party. I have to do it all over again cause my psp save wont work as it was from the Eur version of the game (don't ask) So yeah, right now I'm having some quality time with my Vita, even if it is with a psp game
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#15 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Persona 4 Golden has made it more fun on my PS Vita

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Not especially.

I bought the first edition bundle on day one (1 week early release) and a bunch of games.  I had a lot of fun with Rayman and Uncharted (best game on Vita, IMO).  Since then, sadly, few releases have moved me.

Sony themselves haven't really supported it that much, at least by Sony's standard of releasing lots of high quality games, and third party support has been weak due to modest sales.

I think the Vita has a ton of potential, but if Sony doesn't get serious about this thing, drop the price of the Vita itself and the memory cards, release some games to sell some units, Vita may well be a waste in the end. I do have confidence that Sony will get this thing going, but they baffled me by two extremely weak E3's in a row for Vita, so I don't know.

I must say, though, that integration with PS4 looks phenomenal, which really excites me.

Oh, and PS2 classics not being on Vita by now is simply criminal.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Yeah P4G alone was worth it, but Gravity Rush and DJMAX have been great also. Still need to play more Soul Sacrifice to see what's up with that one. But the future..... seems bleak so far. I'm at the point where I'm actually interested in Killzone because there isn't anything else to look forward to.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Hard to tell right now.  I liked playing some of the games I have such as Uncharted, Soul Sacrifice, Sly Cooper (playing now, it's pretty cool they got the console experience of it on a handheld with minimum framerate issues), and LittleBigPlanet.  Now we are getting Tearaway and KZ later this year, which look pretty good (I'm a fan of KZ so for me it's good, even if the AI looks kind of poor).

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

yup. I picked up the creed bundle when it first came out. Since im a PS+ member I also get deals and more games to play on it.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17812 Posts
you shoudl definatley have no problem digging up enough games to make it worthwhile at 100 quid. the system itself is a very nice bit of kit so have a look. i only got mine this feb roughly and it has built up a bit of a backlog. there are a few games like Ys, killzone and tearaway coming which should also be great. its future past 2013 is a bit of an unknown but its got a fair bit on it now worth playing.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes I am happy with my PSvita purchase. I have bought 25 retail games since launch day Feb 15th 2012. I bought the First Edition Bundle. Which came with the PSvita system. A 4GB memory card a pack in game. Little Deviants and a Carry case.

So if you can pick up a PSvita system for 100.00 do it! what are you wanting for?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#22 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
So far I've gotten decent use out of it. I'm only on my 8th game after over 6 months with the system, but that's not too bad for it being my secondary gaming device. The only thing is that there aren't many games I'm looking forward to in the future. There's Killzone of course, and I suppose that game the creator's of LBP are making. I'll just have to dig deeper in the current library I guess.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

I'm happy.

But I had some disappointment about some games not coming out or not being translated in English.

michel3105
Agreed, I would like Assault Gunners, Demon Gaze, and Nobunaga's Ambition at least. I understand why the visual novels don't come over, a lot of translation work for little return.
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
I'm content but I could be happier. I get use out of it every day between ps1 classics, psp games, and YouTube. Personally I would like to see more RPGs and fps (to take advantage of the second stick). I think the third party would at least try to get some games on the vita but since they don't see Sony doing anything they aren't going to send their games on a sinking ship.
ChuckShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ChuckShot
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Thanks everyone for your insight, I will probably get one soon.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

Yup. I wont be putting the VITA down once PS4 comes around. That remote play will be put through its paces. 

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

i only wish i could play PSO2 in english

ive already beaten all the games on the vita that im interested in, patiently waitin for more.

DarkRikuShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DarkRikuShadow
Member since 2004 • 627 Posts

I just bought a vita for 150 the other day and i havent put it down! Soul sacriface is awesome

IPwnNooBs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IPwnNooBs666
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

I really like my vita but I wish there was more 3rd party support for it. Even still, I have no regrets getting one.

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
Very, very happy. Its taking over most of my gaming time at the moment with the Jak Trilogy and Soul Sacrifice, and with Persona 4 and Ragnarok Odyssey in my backlog I definitely don't see that changing anytime soon.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I can play Persona 4 Golden, so yes, i'm VERY happy.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

Just gonna keep prestiging in Black Ops til something else I want comes out. 

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

I love my Vita. I don't just use it for games but for Music Unlimited, Netflix, Youtube etc.. But if you're buying it as a game platform I'd say you have plenty to play if you're just coming aboard the "Vita-train." I've had mine for just under a year and I had enough to play: Uncharted, Sound Shapes, Mutant Blobs Attack, Gravity Rush, MLB 13 the Show, AC Liberation, Escape Plan, Guacamelee, Limbo, Hotline Miami, Jacob Jones, PvsZ, Germinator, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus. All that plus the many PSP digital Downloads I purchased in the past(10+) etc..

Add all that and then add Runner 2, Dragon's Crown, Rayman Legends, CounterSpy, Killzone: Mercenary, Batman Arkhan Origin and more to the list and there's plenty enough for me.

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
Vita is amazing, no regrets on my end. Plus Killzone is coming too ;)
Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts
Love it. The only game I have for it tho is DoA5+
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Definitely happy with my purchase. PS+ sealed the deal. I've gotten some great games even of ones i already had but the Vita version has always gotten a ton of more playing time. Playing Last Reward now and I am really into it.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

Just gonna keep prestiging in Black Ops til something else I want comes out. 

ItsEvolution
I'm maxed out but i want to get a higher rank in free for all.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

love my vita, especially with psn plus. I wanna try soul sacrifice as I never truly got into these monster hunter style games

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

I have the First edition bundle and have used it every day since.  With nearly 30 games on it so far with my 32gb memory card I am never bored.  And with the ps4 coming I cant wait to play my favorite game, Planetside 2, from my bed.  Am I happy? Im ecstatic!!!

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

What I'm most looking forward to with Vita is using it as a companion device for PS4.

Being able to take PS4 games all around my house, outside by the pool, or, yeah, into the bathroom is going to be incredible.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Not really. I use it every so often but I feel like if I had the chance to get all of my money spent on it back I would. I paid full price for mine though. $100 is a great deal.Toxic-Seahorse
All of this.

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
not really happy with it because theres not many games for it i want to play and playstation plus for vita isnt really that good to me. they hardly put up any games i want to play on plus for vita.
Chromium920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chromium920
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts
Very happy. I'm a little nervous about the few games that have been announced for it, but I also plan on getting a PS4, so if the games run out, I'll be able to play PS4 games with it.
Jasurim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#44 Jasurim
Member since 2013 • 507 Posts

I actually am, while I'd love to have a few more games to play there are to me still enough to justify the purchase.  Also the ones I have played I've really enjoyed, I suppose whether you enjoy it or not can depend on what sort of game you're into.  I really recommend it though, even if it does get a bit of a bad rap.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#45 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I don't play mine much because I just haven't found enough games I like for it compared to my other handhelds. I like the hardware though and it looks like there's some really good stuff in the pipes so I don't regret buying it at all. I got it with me right now, in fact. Been playing Muramasa: Rebirth when I get a minute here or there.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Love my Vita, one of the best purchases ive made in a long time.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
I don't play it as often anymore but I will start picking up a few games soon. Dragon's Crown, Killzone, Muramasa, and others when they're released. But I'm still happy with it.
lfc1892phil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lfc1892phil
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts

I got mine a week ago preowned for just of a hundred pounds and i couldnt be happier with it. i'm looking forward to using it with the ps4. I have only played a couple of games (little big planet and assassins creed) and the visuals on both are awesome for a handheld console. im extremely happy with it.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I am happy with the PSV, but surely was disappointed with E3/Sony, was expecting to see some new announcements :(

there are some great titles coming up but I do hope Sony will announce more !!

sonyfreak456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sonyfreak456
Member since 2013 • 46 Posts
I am happy with my vita. I can't wait to play Dragon's Crown, Rayman Legends, and Killzone Mercenary on it.