Are there any PS3 games for younger kids?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kvkmak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kvkmak1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I took a look at the games at the store, most are T or M. Even Sonic and Star Wars Lego are E10+. What the heck would my 6yo son play on the thing?

I was thinking of maybe getting one later in the year after the Xmas bills are paid just to get a blu-ray player with extra stuff. But only if there were a few games to play with my kid.

tiger35010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 tiger35010
Member since 2004 • 859 Posts
my 4yo niece gets a kick outa watching me make enemies dance in R&C i think its good for ur kid
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 zeforgotten
Member since 2006 • 3918 Posts
Ratchet & Clank is a game for youngsters. i don't see why not. there's no violent scenes of gore and death. heck even the Lego game doesn't have blood and gore spewing in your face.. that's why people shouldn't listen to ratings. Lego Star Wars is just fun, Star Wars turned Lego, where the Cutscenes has been edited a little to make it more humorus so even kids will get a laugh out of it. you should be alright with those games.
darkrmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darkrmv
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Yeah R&C is nice and even though Sonic and Star Wars say E10+ they are very safe games for kids. Dont worry about it at all.
MoNsTeR-GaMeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 MoNsTeR-GaMeR
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts
Yea definetley ratchet and clank but also lego star wars. theres nothing wrong with it, its actually quite funny, but in no way bad for a little kid. I dont know why its E 10+, but its really not bad at all. You can definetley cant go wrong with PS2 game because they work on a PS3. I reccomend Sly Cooper 1 and 2. Sly cooper 3 is E 10+. If your kids into racing than theres tons of racing games for the PS2 and a few for the PS3. hope this helped
NazzyQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NazzyQ
Member since 2005 • 1153 Posts
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction is a good choice. Its very easy to pick up and play, but is enganging enough for adults. You and your child can play it together.
davidhdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 davidhdy
Member since 2005 • 78 Posts

I took a look at the games at the store, most are T or M. Even Sonic and Star Wars Lego are E10+. What the heck would my 6yo son play on the thing?

I was thinking of maybe getting one later in the year after the Xmas bills are paid just to get a blu-ray player with extra stuff. But only if there were a few games to play with my kid.

kvkmak1

i would say your right. The ps3 is not for kids. Most of the games are rated T or M. I would say go with the Wii for a younger child. When i was younger i used to love nitendo systems because of the game selection for kids.

Teyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Teyon
Member since 2004 • 678 Posts

There's a few downloadable games you could try...Piyotama, Super Rub A Duck, Calling All Cars, GripShift, GO! Puzzle, GO! Ski.

There are games...and you don't even have to leave the house. Thing is, at 6 years old, they'd be better off reading or playing educational video games on the PC. The vast majority of games on consoles are for 10 and up and really can't calim to educate anyone.

Maybe Brain Age....but even that is for an older crowd than 6 I think.

Axelander999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 Axelander999
Member since 2008 • 431 Posts
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction or Burnout :Paradise. Or even MotorStorm...
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
[QUOTE="kvkmak1"]

davidhdy

i would say your right. The ps3 is not for kids. Most of the games are rated T or M. I would say go with the Wii for a younger child. When i was younger i used to love nitendo systems because of the game selection for kids.

Actually I would suggest PS2 over Wii for young young kids. Also you get better graphics, more game selection and lower game prices.

Actually I take that back PC games are best, my kids when younger do best with a mouse. Games like Jumpstart kindergarten, Sesame Street numbers etc are best.

slikMotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 slikMotion
Member since 2003 • 2820 Posts
Dont pay next gen prices for 6yr old appropriate games. Buy a PS3 for yourself, and go to the bargain bin and pick up games like Sly Cooper, Lego Star Wars, and R&C. I dont know what age recomendation the packages show, but I've been gaming with my daughter since she was 4 and those games are a lot of fun for both the kids, and yourself. And believe me, when your kids want you to play with them, you don't want to sit there and play countless hours of Mario Party and Wii Carnival. Its mind-numbing and your kids never get tired of them. Give kids more credit .. she easily went from Sly Cooper to Final Fantasy. You can also pick up the Eyetoy games until LBP comes out. Eyetoy had been every bit as enjoyable as Wii Sports. I'm not taking anything away from Wii, but if you are in the market for a BR player down the road, then PS3 has plenty for your child. The reason why Sony easily sold 120 million PS2s is because there is just a vast variety of games. While I thoroughly enjoyed Windwaker and Smash Bros, and now an occasional Wii Sports, Sony has had a lot more FUN games for both you and your kids to enjoy. Trust me on this .. I been down that road.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
I don't have any young kids anymore but there are a few downloadable games on PSN that may be fun for youngsters. These games could be great for eye to hand cordination and they even look like tiny tike toys. I really hope that Sony and some developers keep releasing a few of these games for kids. Maybe in the future someone could come-up with some games that can teach kids certain skills (I have had some ideas of some types of games that may really be good for kids).
pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 pro_gamer12345
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
Yea Ratchet and Clank is a good choice for a kids game. Just like the posts above me said. =/