Anyone switch to ps3 after having 360 first? R u happy with it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

backinthekrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 backinthekrak
Member since 2005 • 756 Posts

I've had a 360 for three years now & after getting the RROD I'm thinking about switching over. Anyone here done that? Happier with the ps3?

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

My brother got a Xbox 360 at launch, only because he wanted something to do until he got a PS3. He didn't use the Xbox much, then he got his PS3 and was so happy. Then he never really played it either. He plays it maybe once a week, but he likes it. The Xbox never gets touched.

chiko1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chiko1
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts

i have a ps3 and a 360 i could say my ps3 is the best even tho i still like my xbox alot but the ps3 is crazy good

astreets1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 astreets1
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

I own both...The only games I play on the PS3 are exclusive to that system...In my opinion, the 360 has more to offer game-wise...

demonkid63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 demonkid63
Member since 2006 • 953 Posts

I own both...The only games I play on the PS3 are exclusive to that system...In my opinion, the 360 has more to offer game-wise...

astreets1

that makes no sense. how does the 360 offer more "game-wise" on MULTIPLATFORM games? they are the exact same on both console. not t back on track, yeah I had an xbox 360 first but only because it was cheaper. at first I like dit but some realizations caused me to have extreme distaste for the xbox and microsoft as a whole. I sold it to my friend and bought a ps3 some months later. Loving it so far.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Yes but i still had 360 just never played on it, then it broke again and i sold it for more ps3 games. that answers your question really.
360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

Yes, took 5 months after getting the elite (RROD) for me to switch. Owned a core since launch. The only thing I miss are the people I played games with online who don't have a PS3. I've now had my PS3 over a year which more than doubles the life of my elite and I no longer have to pay fee's to play online and get to play most games on dedicated servers. Also have a 250gig hard drive and the best baseball game ever! MLB 09 The Show make sure you pick this up if your a sports fan.

garaa2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 garaa2007
Member since 2006 • 829 Posts

right here , i got my ps3 right after my elite died after a year , i got the 160gb like two monthes ago and i absolutely love it

whippy1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 whippy1963
Member since 2009 • 99 Posts
I had an xbox first for 3 years and was lured by the ps3 exclusive games like lbp, motorstorm HOME. Yes HOME is great to meet people and make new friends to play you're fav games. Also I refused to pay for online and wanted to watch bluray discs. Plus my brother bought one. The ps3 is great but it can on some games be hard to connect to your friends to play online. Xbox was very easy. Also loads of updates on software all the time but doesn't bother me. Also wish people would use headsets more. But as it is free u can't complain. The buzz space in home is awsome fun as is the dj game. Again all free so I am happy I made the switch
Stoner-Pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Stoner-Pimp
Member since 2008 • 979 Posts

I have and yes,

In total i've had 4 360's, i got my first at launch and loved it (and i was happy to pay the yearly fee), however after only a few months it died and i got it fixed via warranty and that one died within 2 weeks, with that one i got it swapped and sold of the replacment as i just didn't trust the system anymore (as loads were reported RROD). After a while (i foget how long) the elite came out and of course the "RROD is fixed" stuff so i got an nice new elite, it died in less than 3 months so i once again got it replaced and yet again the new one also died within months, i wasn't happy at all so after that was replaced i once again sold the replacement offf.

Using the elites sale money i got a 40gig PS3 and simply love it, so far i have 27 games and 6 blu-rays and have since bought an HD TV for it and a 250gig HDD, sure i admit a lot of multiphats look better (slightly!) BUT i just love not having to wonder will this one RROD on me all the time (i remember on my 1st elite turning it off pretty much every hour just incase!) and not having to pay a yearly fee is very very nice indeed (and lets not forget how quiet it is compaired to a 360 :D), i never actully bought it for Blu-Ray but i haven't watched a DVD in god knows how long as BR spoiled me after watching my 1st one (the dark knight Imax scenes 4TW!).

Each console has it's pluses and minuses BUT i am far happier with my PS3 than i ever was with my 360's, there are loads of games i would love on 360 BUT i simply have no faith in the console after having 4 die on me, i don't think i'll ever buy another one due to this.
hedden93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 hedden93
Member since 2009 • 5496 Posts

yep. I had a 360 but after getting the RROD 3 times in a year. I decided to sell it. Then about 3 months later i bought a ps3 and never looked back . . .

TeYoH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TeYoH
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Man, I bought a 20 gig PS3 at launch....do you want to know how it went???? ......It's still running like a warrior with a packed up 360 gig upgraded hard drive. Fully Backwards compatible....Have over 200 movies in my ps3. Playstation has always been on the top of my list of great quality hardware. " Xbox is like Ford, or Chevy, It looks cheap, and has problems after the first year or so. While PS3 is like Honda, or Nissan, they hardly give you problems and they run smoothly" -TeYoH (himself)
motherboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 motherboop
Member since 2007 • 2382 Posts

I've got pretty much everything Sony/Playstation brand in my room (check my blog update to see), but will actually be gettign a 360 once the Elite's are released with Jasper chipsets. there are a few games I would like to play from "the other side", but all in all, I will always be loyal to my PS3 for both exclusives/multiplat games alike.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Not exactly, but I do own both. If you like the 360, there's no reason you won't like the PS3. At the very least, you'll like the hardware a hell of a lot more.
rrts02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rrts02
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts

I always thought that all 360 games were a ripoff. just look at it, why the hell are they priced at 60 bucks? if they are just using DVD's, while the ps3 has a bluray disc. currenly the price for BD is around 9 bucks each, while a dvd is like 50 cents each. from that perspective i see that is relevant for the price of ps3 games are 60 bucks. although the 360 might have more games at the moment (ps3 will later on surpass that), they are not able to fit as many data in one disc. so the 360 games should be at most 50 bucks.

Sadistic_Grunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sadistic_Grunt
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
I'm about to tomorrow. :D Really excited to get my hands on one. Nothing wrong with the 360 and all it's just that the PS3 has enough games that I want to make me buy it and I'm sure it'll be everything I expect it to be. :)
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

I'm the exact opposite. I had a PS3 at first, then I got a 360, and now enjoy playing the 360 more than PS3.

gashead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gashead101
Member since 2005 • 1130 Posts

I had a 360 which RROD'd so i did actually buy another one but a year later i had a feeling it was going to ''konk out'' so i did buy a PS3. In the time i had both the 360 and PS3, i did play my PS3 slightly more. My feelings were correct as about 2 months later my 2nd 360 RROD'd and i gave up on it. Since then i have been extremely happy with my choice and i actually wonder why i didnt just wait for the PS3 to launch.

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts

[QUOTE="astreets1"]

demonkid63

that makes no sense. how does the 360 offer more "game-wise" on MULTIPLATFORM games? they are the exact same on both console. not t back on track, yeah I had an xbox 360 first but only because it was cheaper. at first I like dit but some realizations caused me to have extreme distaste for the xbox and microsoft as a whole. I sold it to my friend and bought a ps3 some months later. Loving it so far.

Now now don't need to get a temper be nice, these people have their own opinions

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="astreets1"]

demonkid63

that makes no sense. how does the 360 offer more "game-wise" on MULTIPLATFORM games? they are the exact same on both console.

I think he means 360/PC games that the PS3 can't get, like Mass Effect, Gears of War, etc.

Cringles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cringles
Member since 2004 • 185 Posts

I got a PS3 in Feb of this year, a week before my 360 got the E74 code. It RROD 3 times previous. At the minute im using the PS3 for Exclusives and Single player games only, because all my friends own 360's. It's the best of both worlds for me having both consoles.