Anyone here ever go into Playstation Home?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

Just wondering. I was bored last night and decided to check out Home. Didn't get too far because since it's been 8 or so months since I accessed it, I had to go through some updates and what-not.

When I finally went in there it was totally different and I had no idea what I was doing. Instead of going into my "pad" or "home" or whatever it was, there wasa menu with big squares with different options. I had no idea what I was doing. I went to the golf game and it said enter (or something along those lines) or download. I had no idea what would happen if I downloaded it so I entered and it just went through some initializaions and after a while nothing happened so I just cancelled. Tried to get into the plaza, same thing. So basically, I never even got into anything because it was taking too long.

Does anyone else go in there? What is the difference between entering an application or downloading it? Do I have instant access to it if I download it or something.

Just wondering.

J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts

Yeah I use HOME a couple times a month. Its pretty cool, its nice with lots of cool stuff to do, BUT everyone here hates it cuz when it first came out there was nothing to do.

Yeah Its going to be super slow and you gonna have to DL all the areas, since you havent use it in 8+ months. But since I use it frequently, its all good, I have a gotten alot of free stuff of the years. I would never waste my $$$ on the items of home, but its nice that they always have cool stuff for.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I've used it a total of 4 times. One time to see the uncharted room(s). One time to see the Rachet and Clank room. One time to check out what sodium1 was. One time to troll and check out the burn zombie burn room.
Oxymandias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Oxymandias
Member since 2006 • 330 Posts

I mainly go on to play chess... ;-)

Its not central to my pS3 experience but its worth a look now and then.. I think Sony has created a "Second life" like virtual reality without thinking too much about what its for...

Oink!

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 roboccs
[QUOTE="J-WOW"]

Yeah I use HOME a couple times a month. Its pretty cool, its nice with lots of cool stuff to do, BUT everyone here hates it cuz when it first came out there was nothing to do.

Yeah Its going to be super slow and you gonna have to DL all the areas, since you havent use it in 8+ months. But since I use it frequently, its all good, I have a gotten alot of free stuff of the years. I would never waste my $$$ on the items of home, but its nice that they always have cool stuff for.

So basically, if I go to everything that I may see as interesting and I choose download instead of whatever the other option is, once I make through the initial download, it'll be faster to access in the future?
lordfalsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lordfalsus
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

waste of harddrive space

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Its not central to my pS3 experience but its worth a look now and then.. I think Sony has created a "Second life" like virtual reality without thinking too much about what its for...

Oink!

Oxymandias
I wanted to play chess but I hate how you have to wait as if it was real life WTF.
kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

went on it once and didn't think it was anything special so I deleted it.

J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts
[QUOTE="roboccs"][QUOTE="J-WOW"]

So basically, if I go to everything that I may see as interesting and I choose download instead of whatever the other option is, once I make through the initial download, it'll be faster to access in the future?

yeah and you dont have DL it again untill they have an update for it or sumthing
Eric_VA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Eric_VA
Member since 2003 • 404 Posts

Yeah you have to "Download" the rooms first then after that everything will be smooth, it's an OK thing, but something i could live without, kinda slow and it's really point-less, but whatever floats your boat.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 roboccs

Thanks for some of the insight. I may play around with it again later tonight if I need something to do.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I went on it after months and months of not using it, seems ok to me so far... Uncharted 2 rooms are pretty fun and all the mini games are worth a look.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i use it mainly to play Texas Hold'em

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 roboccs

I had no idea there were games and such to play until I saw the golfing game that was featured whenI started it up yesterday.

Stressthesky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Stressthesky
Member since 2009 • 490 Posts

When I first got my Playstation 3 I clicked on it to see what it was. After one minute of staring at the screen going "wtf is this?" I haven't touched the abomination since. So you guys are saying something actually happens there?

clruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 clruff
Member since 2010 • 275 Posts

Been there several times and not interested in going back.

nickz_fpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nickz_fpk
Member since 2010 • 1458 Posts

never ever used it no one in my friends list uses it either

Shawtymann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shawtymann
Member since 2006 • 2561 Posts

i check it out rarely when i have nothing else to do. It is a lot different than when it first launched and there are always people there. It is kinda boring though

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 killerband55

When I first got my Playstation 3 I clicked on it to see what it was. After one minute of staring at the screen going "wtf is this?" I haven't touched the abomination since. So you guys are saying something actually happens there?

Stressthesky

what games are you looking for on Home?

ElvesOnEcstacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ElvesOnEcstacy
Member since 2009 • 574 Posts

People have their Facebook and MSN, I have my Home:)

ElvesOnEcstacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ElvesOnEcstacy
Member since 2009 • 574 Posts

never ever used it no one in my friends list uses it either

nickz_fpk

You should try it.

You might even meet my faux women avatar; possibly get hit on too:oops:

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
Nah, I'm not a horny teenager or pedophile, so I don't go into Home.
xx_alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xx_alexander
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Oink!

Oxymandias
anyone know where I can find the chess game at?
d-illuzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 d-illuzion
Member since 2010 • 227 Posts

Just went on it once to see what it was but, not my thing.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#25 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

The bowling is kind of fun. You can play with up to four players and while it's not the best bowling game ever made, it's certainly not the worst.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts

I do. I enjoy what Playstation Home offers. It differ's from the typical game you play on a console.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
Anyone who enjoys home and please feel free to hit me up with a friend invite so we can meet up and get some games going in the Bowling Ally or something.
Sherjas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sherjas24
Member since 2007 • 665 Posts

Never been and never will go into Playstation Home because I enjoy my REAL life.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 roboccs

I'm actually messing around in home right now. I didn't realize Dragon's Green which is some mini golf game costs money. I just DL'd the gamers lounge which wasa bore, nothing going on there. I went to the Namco room and thought I was going to play arcades but you have to own Namco museum. What's the point in that?

Just thought I would check it out.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#30 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
I rarely go. It's kind of boring. All you really do is walk around, play a game or two, chat, walk around some more, chat, chat, chat, may gain a friend, play another game, customize your crib, leave. It's ok but I get bored with it sometimes.
TrueProphecy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 TrueProphecy22
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts

When it first launched... I tried a couple times since, but since everything had to be downloaded seperately when you tried to use it... I grew tired of it and deleted the whole thing.

The app I was addicted to was Folding At Home. For the awesomeness of helping with a project like that and the beautiful world map and music... which alas, is now gone.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

When it first launched... I tried a couple times since, but since everything had to be downloaded seperately when you tried to use it... I grew tired of it and deleted the whole thing.

The app I was addicted to was Folding At Home. For the awesomeness of helping with a project like that and the beautiful world map and music... which alas, is now gone.

TrueProphecy22

F@H isn't gone, its under life with playstation, just hold square or triangle when you have it running obviously, I forgot which 1.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 killerband55

[QUOTE="Oxymandias"]

Oink!

xx_alexander

anyone know where I can find the chess game at?

its at the 2nd floor of the mall

xAllisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 xAllisonx
Member since 2005 • 490 Posts
I just tried Playstation Home for the 1st time last night, and it reminds me of Second Life. I really enjoyed it, although I can never see myself spending money on virtual items. I was somewhat disappointed to see how much money Sony is asking for from players for these items...One of the costumes was $14.99. Enough said. -_-
IceBlazerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 IceBlazerX
Member since 2010 • 3286 Posts
Never ever ever.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#36 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I've had a PS3 since 2007, and I've never clicked on it once :P

Son-Bachuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Son-Bachuru
Member since 2010 • 145 Posts

All I ever see on home is people trying to have cyberz...

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
Once every few weeks, just to see what's different. But that's it really, I'm not a fan of it.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
Been there a few times but it's too gimmickey for me and I cba using it, feels like a waste of time. Maybe if there were more free items and more free roaming around town with your character. AFAIK right now it's just a polished chatroom -with none of your friends ever on-, and some minigames that I could play in my browser. :|
JMattM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JMattM
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts

All I ever see on home is people trying to have cyberz...

Son-Bachuru

Pretty much this. I stick with it though. A lot of the more mature people on Home also post and hang on the Sony board (down for maintenence currently) http://community.us.playstation.com/

If you can find decent people to talk to, it's great. Most of the time though, you'll feel like you're the smart kid on the short bus.

ArT33_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 ArT33_7
Member since 2009 • 608 Posts

I've been on Home a few times (most of the times last year.) I only logged on once this year just to see if anything changed.

metalkitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 metalkitten
Member since 2004 • 9249 Posts
ive been there a few times but its such a hazzle to download and update and i only run into 12 year old guys who wanna talk sex and only play fps games....so each time i go there i get confused and wonder why i went there in the first place...