Anyone else sad about the old games they've beaten and dont play anymore?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronniexie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ronniexie
Member since 2006 • 307 Posts

I just beat dark souls and now im kinda sad cuz i feel like i wont play it anymore. there isnt a point once u have beaten it. same with deus ex...i beat those games so fast and now it feels like a waste cuz i cant/wont play it anymore. so now im thinking about selling it and its kinda sad i wont be playing these great games again.

and then a part of me wants to keep playing it over again but then that thought is depressing because i feel like i sud be doing something more productive than that...

im sucha bad gamer....i beat through my games way to fast and i feel like i didnt enjoy it as much as i cud have....hopefully ima play through skyrim slowly and savor every bit of it cuz that only comes every 5 years

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
nope, thats why i buy games i like/love and know ill lgo back to it. heck i still play ps1 games lol, i might not play a game that i beat recently, ill move on to w.e i havent finished, but i always come back to my games.
superiorNilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 superiorNilly
Member since 2007 • 547 Posts

I know what you mean. What I do is I sell them now while they're worth more money, and purchase a new game. Then in a year or two I can buy the game that I sold when its really cheap.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I like to play through games at least twice. You might not feel like a second playthrough of Dark Souls or Deus Ex right now, but you'll probably feel different in a few months. I take quite a long time to play through games. I'm only about 30 hours into Dark Souls, even though I've had it since the day before release and it's all I've played since I got it. I don't have time for MP because there's too many awesome SP games out there to play. Move onto something else and come back to those other games later.
TwiddleChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TwiddleChimp
Member since 2011 • 1878 Posts

Even if I don't feel like it now, I know I'll eventually want to play them again. I've regretted almost each game I sold, so I just keep them now with the intent to play them someday.

jubeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jubeio
Member since 2006 • 1578 Posts

I have always gone back for a second play through ofe every game I own Ps1 PS2 PS3 PSP (own quite a lot of games now actually :D)

I have never sold a game either I never would

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

If I really love a game I'll usually platinum it, and believe me, no matter how much I like it, I'm well and truly done with it by that time :P

ronniexie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ronniexie
Member since 2006 • 307 Posts

i just cant bring myself to replay a game. just too many good games out these days...last game i replayed a lot was pokemon

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Nope I don't feel sad about completing games. I have played my games at least 2X. Maybe you would be better off renting you games at gamefly? you should feel happy about finishing a game not sad. I have games that go back to the NES era. So Dark Souls is not old.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

if the game is good...i keep it in case i want to play someday...

keeping the game makes you feel less guilty TC...

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

Yupe. Got many games I wanna play/replay but I just don't have the time. Waiting to finish my courses so I can take a break from studies and enjoy some PS3 :(

TiagoRocha89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 TiagoRocha89
Member since 2011 • 47 Posts
nope, thats why i buy games i like/love and know ill lgo back to it. heck i still play ps1 games lol, i might not play a game that i beat recently, ill move on to w.e i havent finished, but i always come back to my games. JoKeR_421
I share the same opinion, the experience with games gets diferent with time.... Kind of nostalgic too once I go back to those PS1 classics!
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

If the game is good enough I always replay them usually after a year or two. I don't replay a game right after I beat it because then its too easy and I remember how to do practically everything. Thats why after a year or two I have to relearn everything making it a good challenge again. I still replay past Final Fantasies, Jak games, Uncharted, Dark Cloud, Disgaea, Mirror's Edge, Heavenly Sword, Valkyria Chronicles, Legend of Legaia, Crash Bandicoot, Prince of persia 08, etc...

I think I've played Jak II in 5 different languages now.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Even if I don't feel like it now, I know I'll eventually want to play them again. I've regretted almost each game I sold, so I just keep them now with the intent to play them someday.

TwiddleChimp

This right here. I hold on to all my games... And if I finish a game like that, I just go back and try to get the Platinum.

Warsilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15 Warsilver
Member since 2010 • 291 Posts

I still have every single video game I have ever played on a bookshelf. Some of them I probably could get rid of, but others I know I will want to beat over and over again just for fun. - Some games I simply cannot get enough of.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

Yeah, I know what you mean because I feel the exact same way when I beat a game. I completed Arkham City and did practically ALL the side missions, except for the Riddler Challenges, but I really don't care about those. I'll probably sell it and then if I feel like playing it down the road, just buy it again when it's dirt cheap. Too many great games coming out and I won't have any money for them! haha