Anyone else REALLY happy they got a PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zoomer30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Zoomer30
Member since 2003 • 4365 Posts

Our system has always been (ahem) Elite.  :D  I feel sorry for anyone who got a 360 back when they came out, pretty much useless without HDMI.  One heck of a business model Microsoft has there.

1.  Introduce 2 systems: Core 360 and Premium 360

2.  Say that "HDMI is not all that important" (kinda reminds me of the time Gates said the Internet was a fad :D)

3.  Notice how much the PS3 rocks, introduce 360 Elite with HDMI (and make it black no less) , and then get sued by all the suckered original 360 owners.

People complain about the PS3 price but if you were an original 360 owner and then had to turn around a get a new system you end up spending close to $800 to get what you get with a PS3 for $600 :D

Next year they will introduce the Uber Elite 360, that one will have a tray in the back where you can toast bread.  Hey, you can fix the heat issues or you can use them to toast bread ;) 

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I feel sorry for anyone who got a 360 back when they came out, pretty much useless without HDMI.  Zoomer30

How so? Component cables deliver HD signals, just like HDMI, including 1080p. How is the 360 useless without HDMI?

1.  Introduce 2 systems: Core 360 and Premium 360Zoomer30

Hmmm, reminds me of another company that released a 20GB system and a 60GB system.

2.  Say that "HDMI is not all that important" (kinda reminds me of the time Gates said the Internet was a fad :D)Zoomer30

Also reminds me of another company that said rumble on the controllers was not important, yet just released a patch to allow for rumble features.

I won't comment on your last point because its worthless.

The more these systems get tweaked, the more gamers should realize that both machines are a lot closer in performance to each other than we want to admit. C'mon people, enjoy games,not consoles. Who cares about the harware so long as the games are good.

murstdurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 murstdurst
Member since 2003 • 330 Posts

No need for this thread in the ps3 forum, also it's not allowed.

But i must admit i don't like that you can get an xbox 360 without a hdd, that's useless for developers. i also think they should keep the premium and leave it at that. but anywhoo let this thread die in peace :P 

rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rothman713
Member since 2007 • 693 Posts

System comparisons belong in System Wars.

And yes, I am very happy I got a PS3. Reliability and peace of mind are priceless. 

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
or in blogs.
bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

well i actually agree with this, the second post what are you talking about the 20gb and 60gb really due to the fact if you lived in england they only sold the 60gb one and the 20gb is slowly going away, with the 360 they didnt even sell a hdd with there cheaper one.

and yea they brought this new 360 out but i cant believe what they doing to there consumers due to the fact it aint that elite really all they done is changed the colour upgraded the hdd and added a hdmi cable wow o yea i remember arent they supporting the hd dvd omg they just smacked there consumers in the face so they have to buy the add on and seems like they will bring out another 360 with that in it, they are con artist and no how there consumers work.

see i believe the ps3 is dear of course but look at the free stuff you get with it, online play soon you will have home, microsoft well there xboxlive you have to pay for theres hidden costs you have to buy a new bit for ur hd dvds to work does no one see that really there pretty much in the same price if you way up all the extra costs 360 slap onto there product.

i'm no fan boy for ps3 as i have a 360 myself and a wii and a ps3 but from a neatural view you can see really whats happening here and the cons wot microsoft are doing.

magrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 magrappy
Member since 2003 • 1835 Posts
why do you feel sorry for anyone who bought an xbox360 back when they came out, they where cheap enough and it was a year of next gen games, and something to trade in when the ps3 came out.
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
Take this crap to System Wars where it belongs.
Hadoken_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hadoken_Kid
Member since 2006 • 1770 Posts
i traded in my ps3 for a 360 ellite.
manny203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 manny203
Member since 2004 • 350 Posts

System comparisons belong in System Wars.

And yes, I am very happy I got a PS3. Reliability and peace of mind are priceless.

rothman713

I second that 

Magsec-Uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Magsec-Uk
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts

All the companies are after is your money and will go about anyway to get it, there is no passion or customer care from neither Sony , MS nor Nintendo, most of the passion comes from the developers of the games themselves, and what defines the best console is not the best graphics, its is miles more important to have the best game-play with good/decent graphics and innovation is good key to this gen too. Sony copy Wii, Wii copy kids toys, Ms, copy Sony and on and on and on. Any fanboy such as yourself is gonna come up with argument as to why their console is better which is just rubbish whichever side your coming from. Its always down to personal taste, i can have days where i love my PS3 but then my 360 will take over for a while. They both have their exclusives that keep me jumping from one to the other.

I will keep both until next gen, got MGS4, Killzone 2 and FF13 to look forward to on PS3 and i got GOW2 and 3, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Mass Effect, Bioshock, PGR4, and many more on both that are in very early stages.

I don't need the elite 360 as I'm happy to play on the current machine as it ain't gonna make a difference that's worth crying about, not to the naked eye anyway.

Multi platforms, unless theres any great delay i will get on my PS3 for obviouse reasons.

All consoles need competition to keep em on their toes.

firebird23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 firebird23
Member since 2005 • 4752 Posts
Yeah, I'm happy with my PS3. I'll be even more satisfied when more games come out.
PS34EVR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PS34EVR
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts

I am really happy with my PS3's I bought two one for my Entertainment room and one for my bedroom to watch bluray on.  I also own two 360's I bought the last one a month before MS announced the Elite.  I was angry at first but then relized that MS will not support 1080P through games their games are still being made in 720p and I think publishers & developers will keep making them in 1080p. Many future PS3 games will be developed in 1080p.  360 upconverts their games from 720p to 1080p.  I have decided to buy any games being released on both systems to buy the one for the PS3 instead of the 360 due to them releasing the Elite.  But I have found myself playing more of my PS3 than my 360 lately except for Rainbow6: Vegas which I have been playing on the 360 only due to it not being available on the PS3.  I really don't need a 120gb hdd if I do rent a movie off of xbox live I simply delete it after I have viewed it and I have that space available for the next movie.

I do agree with you that many will be angry at MS I was and still am a little bit.  HDMI on 360 is useless except for maybe the audio being transfered on same cable. 120gb is useless as well because most people that rent a movie will not keep on their system for any longer than a few days. Also I think that maybe MS did this for two reason larger harddrive for movie freaks, HDMI and Black color for PS3 buyer fence sitters.  Their new color looks like a Dell PC.

Just a thought

PS34EVR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PS34EVR
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts

Sorry mistype I meant to say MS game developers will keep producing their games in 720p not 1080p I really don't think that DVD9 has the Capacity for 1080p.

thanks joe

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
gonna be locked. I heart my PS3, but I might buy a 360 (premium, not elite) in a few years
ShawDowFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ShawDowFX
Member since 2003 • 4696 Posts
Hmm. K
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

They just unveiled the first 1440p TV in japan, and the PS3 will be able to have games at that resolution. 

And whoever said that Sony and M$ were alike because there was the Core and the Pemium, the 20gb and the 60 gb, the core being compared to the 20gb is ridiculous. the 20GB can do everything the 60 GB can do for gaming, its not even close to being as handicapped as the core.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

Our system has always been (ahem) Elite.  :D  I feel sorry for anyone who got a 360 back when they came out, pretty much useless without HDMI.  One heck of a business model Microsoft has there.

1.  Introduce 2 systems: Core 360 and Premium 360

2.  Say that "HDMI is not all that important" (kinda reminds me of the time Gates said the Internet was a fad :D)

3.  Notice how much the PS3 rocks, introduce 360 Elite with HDMI (and make it black no less) , and then get sued by all the suckered original 360 owners.

People complain about the PS3 price but if you were an original 360 owner and then had to turn around a get a new system you end up spending close to $800 to get what you get with a PS3 for $600 :D

Next year they will introduce the Uber Elite 360, that one will have a tray in the back where you can toast bread.  Hey, you can fix the heat issues or you can use them to toast bread ;) 

Zoomer30

i know you're a Ps3 owner who loves his system and that probably made you think that you can post this here..... WRONG! Post on system wars or whatever, but all this bickering between systems is not only annoying but completely played out, meaning everythng that could be said has already beed said on both sides of the coin. Enough. 

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts

They just unveiled the first 1440p TV in japan, and the PS3 will be able to have games at that resolution.

And whoever said that Sony and M$ were alike because there was the Core and the Pemium, the 20gb and the 60 gb, the core being compared to the 20gb is ridiculous. the 20GB can do everything the 60 GB can do for gaming, its not even close to being as handicapped as the core.

americahellyeah
Oh good God, please tell me you're not serious about wanting 1440p?