This topic is locked from further discussion.

john82493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 john82493
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts
Is anyone else nervous about the new xbox 360 elite? do you think less people will start buying the ps3 and go for the xbox to save an extra 100 dollars? As for me i'm kinda scared that ps3 will fail. but i still dont think it will? any comments on this?
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nc_soldier
Member since 2004 • 789 Posts
the ps3 wont fail..
dubbleduecer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 dubbleduecer
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts
Yeah DUMB... so you get HDMI port and a little bigger harddrive.. ok.. so you still need to buy an HDMI cable. and you still dont have the next generation HD player. HD DVD or BluRay.. GO XBOX..... whats the point??? If you have a 1080p Tv most likely it has VGA input, so just plug in you 360 with that and get your 1080p, and use optical for sound... and buy another HD if you need it for some stupid reason that I cant think of.... Elite=not worth it.
davedouble16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 davedouble16
Member since 2005 • 724 Posts
It just shows that Microsoft know how much the PS3 will affect them... Why else would they release a new version of the XBox, for a bigger price, and with a bigger HDD (seperate though, I might add) just after the EU launch...which is arguably the most important area for business (So I read anyway!) So, nah, I'm not nervous at all... :twisted: Dave :twisted:
UntoldDreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UntoldDreams
Member since 2006 • 3238 Posts

In the history of product marketing no one "expands" their market by making a product more expensive.

Expansion is by adding more value or decreasing price.  You don't go backwards and suddenly make it more expensive with questionable value.  They've spent the last year dissing HDMI and 1080P I'm curious how they intend on marketing this.

Also, by definition, calling it "elite" means every current existing owner is a "not-elite".  It's a poor choice of terminiology.

widowmaker71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 widowmaker71
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts
I was really excited when I first heard about this as I thought they would at least put a different drive in it. But its really just another option for customers to get. I might get the bigger HD but I still have 12.2 left on this one. With that being said I really don't understand why every other thread on the board is about this or Sony winning. With all the other stuff that could be discussed nothing else is being talked about. It just makes people appear worried instead of confident. There is more that someone could say but its better left unsaid.