Any issues with importing a Japanese PS Vita?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RandolphCaer (3 posts) -
Hey gang, I'm looking to import a Sapphire Blue PS Vita cause I may die of blandness if I buy another plain black device. As blue Vita's are only available in Japan, that's where I'll be ordering from. However before I lay out the extra cash I thought I'd ask if anyone has experience using a Japanese PS Vita in Australia and if they've had any issues. It's region free, so games on physical media shouldn't be a problem, but what about downloads and the PSN? Can I still sign up for the Aussie PSN? Or is it locked to the Japanese? I presume changing the default language to english is just in the setting menu, so that shouldn't be a problem. Any advice would greatly appreciated. Cheers!
#2 Posted by Blicen (1810 posts) -
You can use any regions PSN ID on any PS Vita, just know that you can only tie your Vita to one PSN account. So if you want to access the JP PSN store for instance you will have to format your Vita and configure it to a JP PSN account.
#3 Posted by RandolphCaer (3 posts) -
Ok, great. Thanks. Will probably order one this afternoon.
#4 Posted by RJLateralus (969 posts) -
You can use any regions PSN ID on any PS Vita, just know that you can only tie your Vita to one PSN account. So if you want to access the JP PSN store for instance you will have to format your Vita and configure it to a JP PSN account.Blicen
But If i bring my american ps vita with an american psn id associated, can I buy a game card in Japan? Im going to Japan in this month and I want to buy ninja gaiden sigma 2 in japanese version.
#5 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blicen"]You can use any regions PSN ID on any PS Vita, just know that you can only tie your Vita to one PSN account. So if you want to access the JP PSN store for instance you will have to format your Vita and configure it to a JP PSN account.RJLateralus
But If i bring my american ps vita with an american psn id associated, can I buy a game card in Japan? Im going to Japan in this month and I want to buy ninja gaiden sigma 2 in japanese version.

Yes if it's retail, but no dlc support.

#6 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
DLC Includes online passes as well, so you can't play online in many games if you buy a game outside your region.