Any great fantasy RPG game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

So, upon finishing the Inheritance cycle, I'm really yearning to play a good fantasy openworld game. All I want is an interesting, beautiful world (something Skyrim lacked), good story perhaps, good combat and good graphics. I have already played:

Skyrim
Oblivion
Dragon's Dogma

I can't get Dark Souls because where I live, you only get the Special Edition which is too pricey. Even Virgin Megastore doesn't sell regular edition.

Fear-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fear-
Member since 2012 • 499 Posts
Maybe you should try the Dragon Age series?
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

Dragon Age

Kingdoms of Amalur

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#4 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Dragon Age: Origins is amazing. It's not open world and the graphics are pretty bland, but you'd still like it by the sounds of it.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
Still buy dark souls, it is the last rpg you should ever buy anyways. but Dragon age 1 is a decent traditional rpg. I would also recommend kingdoms of amular.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#6 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

So, upon finishing the Inheritance cycle, I'm really yearning to play a good fantasy openworld game. All I want is an interesting, beautiful world (something Skyrim lacked), good story perhaps, good combat and good graphics. I have already played:

Skyrim
Oblivion
Dragon's Dogma

I can't get Dark Souls because where I live, you only get the Special Edition which is too pricey. Even Virgin Megastore doesn't sell regular edition.

LordTrexGuy

Open World?......Hmmmm, tough call seeing as you have played those games already. I would Suggest Nier if you want a great story, fluid combat, open world, but the graphics aren't that great.

Do you have a 360 or Wii? Ps3 really lacks in the RPG department severly.

HardGames420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HardGames420
Member since 2011 • 233 Posts

Definitely Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is what you need, the story is really the only thing that lets this great rpg down. Everything else especially the free flowing combat is spot on.

23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

If you have a ps3, get demon's souls, even though dark might be expensive where you live, demons will be cheap.

Dragon age: origins, not completely open world but still very good.

I would be careful with Amalur as others are suggesting, I thought it was extremely boring, it was beautiful to look at but the problem was that it was too cartoony for me personally, the combat was also too mashy and the camera angle was horrible which pretty much covered the screen with 75% ground so even if it did look good, you didn't notice it half the time.

evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 evilross
Member since 2003 • 2076 Posts

Two Worlds 2 is a good game. Its open world, plays well, looks good, and is not as cookie cutter as Skyrim.

You simply can't go wrong with Dark/Demons Souls.

Nier is the probably the best RPG this gen, from a storytelling perspective.

I haven't played Risen 2, but I very much enjoyed Risen, and Gothic 1 and 2.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#11 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I've yet to play it, but Kingdoms of Amalur is supposed to be pretty good.

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts

Skyrim
Oblivion
Dragon's Dogma

LordTrexGuy
Dude what are you talking about? Skyrim had a very beautiful world. You should try to get Dark souls if you can. I can't really recommend Dragon Age: Origins, it felt more like a real time strategy than an RPG and the world was very gloomy and dark, not in a intentional kind of way, but I had trouble seeing and had to squint a lot it was really annoying.
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#13 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I'd highly recommend Demon's Souls

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

Already finished Dragon Age series on PC and KOA: Reckoning is WAAAYYY too boring for some reason, maybe because it's too linear? Anyways, it's impossible for me to get Dark Souls so can you recommend some other game? By the way, Skyrim IS ugly, unless you don't mind the blurry, jagged shadows, cheap dragon animations and very low-res foilage.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

dude honestly there is nothing else to recommend. ps3 rpgs have been one of the dissapointing parts of this gen. although i would recommend mass effect. its a third person shooter and has rpg elements and really great story. i think the trilogy is coming out soon.

other than that man im on the same boat as you. these days im craving to play a nice rpg game but there isn't a lot to choose from. this is the gen of fps games and online multiplayer.