Another Reason the PS3 will win....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

labatbleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 labatbleu
Member since 2004 • 281 Posts

do you realize how many people change to 360 to ps3 but i don't know a lot of people who change to ps3 to 360 .

personally , since i own a ps3 my 360 is full of dust lol

Crazy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Crazy87
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts

do you realize how many people change to 360 to ps3 but i don't know a lot of people who change to ps3 to 360 .

personally , since i own a ps3 my 360 is full of dust lol

labatbleu

same i havent touched my 360 sence i got my ps3 thick layer of dust on my 360 theres much more to do on the ps3 

Cyphus07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Cyphus07
Member since 2007 • 189 Posts
There is a lot of dust on my Ps3....its easy to see with that dark relfective surface. Needless to say it gets fair amount of use and a lot of TLC.
Shu76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shu76
Member since 2006 • 913 Posts
I was smart...I waited for the PS3.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
[QUOTE="labatbleu"]

Crazy87

same i havent touched my 360 sence i got my ps3 thick layer of dust on my 360 theres much more to do on the ps3 

Much more to do? Like what? I can do WAAAAAY more stuff on my 360 than I can with my PS3, but then again I use it as a media extender with my PC as a media server. I watch downloaded media all the time on my 360... it's so convenient. Plus, the 360 upsamples DVDs, so even when not streaming I use the 360 as a DVD player. I rarely use my PS3... there just aren't any services above of beyond what the 360 can do. I have the HD-DVD drive, so the Blue Ray advantage isn't that compelling.
SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts

personally , since i own a ps3 my 360 is full of dust lol

labatbleu
And i'm guessing you know the exact numbers since you seem to say more peopl are switching from the 360 to th PS3 and how thats a reason why they'll win the console race, right?
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 donalbane
[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="Crazy87"][QUOTE="labatbleu"]

dahaka_1

Much more to do? Like what? I can do WAAAAAY more stuff on my 360 than I can with my PS3, but then again I use it as a media extender with my PC as a media server. I watch downloaded media all the time on my 360... it's so convenient. Plus, the 360 upsamples DVDs, so even when not streaming I use the 360 as a DVD player. I rarely use my PS3... there just aren't any services above of beyond what the 360 can do. I have the HD-DVD drive, so the Blue Ray advantage isn't that compelling.

So then why did you purchase a PS3? :roll:

Because I'm a hardcore gamer, and Lair and Heavenly Sword look like fun. I have always owned all the consoles ever since I have been gainfully employed. I'm just saying I have both and the 360 does so much more... if you own Vista or a Media Center PC, that is. I upgraded my OS to an OEM version of MCE 2005 for $90 and it's made the 360 my primary media device.  I can understand why people wouldn't want to reformat their computers and buy and install a new OS, but if you make the investment, the 360 doubles in value for what amounts to a $100 investment. 
SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts
QUOTE] Because I'm a hardcore gamer, and Lair and Heavenly Sword look like fun. I have always owned all the consoles ever since I have been gainfully employed. I'm just saying I have both and the 360 does so much more... if you own Vista or a Media Center PC, that is. I upgraded my OS to MCE 2005 for $90 and it's made the 360 my primary media device.

Damn, I need to do that with my 360, i'm just scratching the surface with my 360. Thanks for the heads up on being able to do all that.
armyman_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#10 armyman_22
Member since 2004 • 1492 Posts
[QUOTE="labatbleu"]

Crazy87

I cant say the same but I use my PS3 in a more universal way than the 360 thats for sure movies look better, music sounds better and is easier to rip onto the PS3, Pics put on it, even got on the Web browser from time to time and who isnt down with helping out with research for cancer?
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 donalbane
QUOTE] Because I'm a hardcore gamer, and Lair and Heavenly Sword look like fun. I have always owned all the consoles ever since I have been gainfully employed. I'm just saying I have both and the 360 does so much more... if you own Vista or a Media Center PC, that is. I upgraded my OS to MCE 2005 for $90 and it's made the 360 my primary media device.SmoothBrother1
Damn, I need to do that with my 360, i'm just scratching the surface with my 360. Thanks for the heads up on being able to do all that.

Yeah, I get the impression that most people don't know about the media extender features. If you install Transcode360 on your PC, ALL file types will stream to your TV from your PC, wirelessly if you wish. I read in OXM that very few people even take advantage of the streaming music from your computer feature, which just blows my mind. It's the greatest thing ever. Yesterday I read that there's some PS3 program you install on your PC that let's you transfer files from your PC to your PS3, but it just for file transfers... no streaming, at least as far as I know. That's too bad, because the streaming thing is great.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 donalbane
[QUOTE="Crazy87"][QUOTE="labatbleu"]

armyman_22

I cant say the same but I use my PS3 in a more universal way than the 360 thats for sure movies look better, music sounds better and is easier to rip onto the PS3, Pics put on it, even got on the Web browser from time to time and who isnt down with helping out with research for cancer?

Movies look better? Not DVDs. Music sounds better? They both use Toslink, so this hasn't been my experience. And why 'put' pics or any other media on it when you can just leave all your media on your large PC hard drive and stream it without any additional file transfers or redundant copies of said data? There's no need to rip anything to the 360 because it's already on your PC, which talks to your 360. And a little known fact is that the 360 can browse the web when used with MCE 2005 or Vista, and anybody with a home computer can do folding @ home.
armyman_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#14 armyman_22
Member since 2004 • 1492 Posts
[QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"]QUOTE] Because I'm a hardcore gamer, and Lair and Heavenly Sword look like fun. I have always owned all the consoles ever since I have been gainfully employed. I'm just saying I have both and the 360 does so much more... if you own Vista or a Media Center PC, that is. I upgraded my OS to MCE 2005 for $90 and it's made the 360 my primary media device.donalbane

Yeah, I get the impression that most people don't know about the media extender features. If you install Transcode360 on your PC, ALL file types will stream to your TV from your PC, wirelessly if you wish. I read in OXM that very few people even take advantage of the streaming music from your computer feature, which just blows my mind. It's the greatest thing ever. Yesterday I read that there's some PS3 program you install on your PC that let's you transfer files from your PC to your PS3, but it just for file transfers... no streaming, at least as far as I know. That's too bad, because the streaming thing is great.

Do you have to pay money to do all that? well with the 360 that is.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 donalbane
[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"]QUOTE] Because I'm a hardcore gamer, and Lair and Heavenly Sword look like fun. I have always owned all the consoles ever since I have been gainfully employed. I'm just saying I have both and the 360 does so much more... if you own Vista or a Media Center PC, that is. I upgraded my OS to MCE 2005 for $90 and it's made the 360 my primary media device.armyman_22

Do you have to pay money to do all that? well with the 360 that is.

No, but like I said you DO have to have one of the Vistas with Media Center functionality, or a cheap OEM MCE 2005 version of XP, but it's the best $90 I ever spent. It's made the 360 my primary entertainment device... far more feature rich than what the PS3 offers. I moved and didn't have cable for a while, but I didn't even mind because of all the cool crap I could do. I'm actually considering getting rid of cable all together.
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
If you are using your PS3 more than your 360, I don't know what to say. I have so many games to play on my 360 and I have 2 games for the PS3. Granted, some of the games I have on my 360, I could play on my PS3, but I wouldn't want to. Achievements and Xbox Live are reason enough to play third party games on my 360 for me. I also use my 360 as a media extender from my PC. I rent HD movies and have 20+ Xbox Live Arcade games. On the PS3, I have flOw. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the PS3 is bad. A year from now, there will be plenty of great games. It's just saying there is more to do on the PS3 right now seems silly to me.