Another Crisis Core Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
Everybody seems to be saying that this game is going to be great, but it also seems like most of the people in this section that say it's great are FFVII fanatics who tend to favor the series in general. I played, and enjoyed FFVII, but it wasn't the end all of RPGs for me. I know this game is more of an action title and I'm wondering if I should get it on Wednesday or not. I don't want it to end up being like Dirge of Cerberus.
Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts
Well if you don't want to take people's word for it, you could just read reviews and research to find out if you want to get it.
JaySin8706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 JaySin8706
Member since 2007 • 244 Posts
I've played an advance copy of it that I got and so far it seems pretty solid. Combat is sorta like Kingdom Hearts I thought but a few differences here and there. From what I've played so there seems to be some minor flaws here in there but it is nowhere near as bad as Dirge of Cerberus. That game was just out right awful and the crappy story didn't help it either. If you liked FF7 than this should be a no brainer.
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kuruption84
Well if you don't want to take people's word for it, you could just read reviews and research to find out if you want to get it.RurouniSaiyajin
Who said I didn't want to take people's word for it? I just wanted an objective opinion of someone who wasn't biased towards square.
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kuruption84
I've played an advance copy of it that I got and so far it seems pretty solid. Combat is sorta like Kingdom Hearts I thought but a few differences here and there. From what I've played so there seems to be some minor flaws here in there but it is nowhere near as bad as Dirge of Cerberus. That game was just out right awful and the crappy story didn't help it either. If you liked FF7 than this should be a no brainer.JaySin8706
Thanks for the input.
Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

[QUOTE="RurouniSaiyajin"]Well if you don't want to take people's word for it, you could just read reviews and research to find out if you want to get it.Kuruption84
Who said I didn't want to take people's word for it? I just wanted an objective opinion of someone who wasn't biased towards square.

If you say so

oldvander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 oldvander
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts

The bad- Combat system breaks up gameplay too much (the slot machine system is awful, and automatic). Zack makes Tidus look hard. jaggy graphics.

The good- excellent music, certain settings of ff7 are re-created in psp graphics (a wicked improvement). Nostalgic. Awesome cut scenes.

The game is worth playing, and is probably going to be the best rpg on psp. But it comes no-where near ff7. And it is too light in combat/jrpg equipment options.

Avatar image for evrynitewithyou
evrynitewithyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 evrynitewithyou
Member since 2005 • 301 Posts

well take it from some one who's never played a final fantasy game (ME) and im getting this game. it does really look good. ive been reading up on the ff7 story just so i wont be lost in the games story seeing as it is a prequel.

im even hyped for the game.hope my input helped

babzdb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 babzdb
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts
it is a awesome game and it has 300 missions with lots of stuff you can do with the materia. i would buy it if you love rpg games
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kuruption84

[QUOTE="Kuruption84"][QUOTE="RurouniSaiyajin"]Well if you don't want to take people's word for it, you could just read reviews and research to find out if you want to get it.RurouniSaiyajin

If you say so

I'm not sure what I said that makes you believe that but the people who are actually giving good and bad points are exactly what I'm looking for.
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

I am a FFVII fanatic. I've imported the title when it first came out in Japan and played it multiple times. Here is what I have to say:

The storyline does not have the same length as Final Fantasy VII, or the complexity. But it is a interesting adventure considering the origin. But considering how close FFVII has gotten to anime-pop there are a few corny moments. The combat is straight-forward and carries some similarities to Kingdom Hearts. It can get repetitive since Zack's main attack is fairly basic. You'll either dodge, defend, or attack. Simple eh? But with the addition of materia you can mix your strategy up a bit. The collection of materia isn't as numerous as the original materia system, but close enough! The leveling system is almost like a catch; it works but at the sametime leveling feel so random.

The music features some memoriable tunes from the original FFVII OST, and some new ones. The Crisis Core OST is fairly good, but it doesn't overshadow its counterpart(much like Dirge of Cerberus OST). One of the things that Crisis Core could have done better is the level design. Don't get me wrong, the game looks great. But there is a definite path that you can't walk away from; still there is much more room to run around then DoC.

NOW! I hear every saying..."it has extra 300 missions". The rewards for the missions can be great, but at the sametime you'll hate to go through the majority of them just to receive the prize. They are repetitive missions that happen in reocurring areas. Crisis Core is one of the better PSP games but it does have its flaws. What kept me from not putting it down? The games atmosphere is enough to keep you wanting more until it ends. Now there isn't much replay value; much of it is in the extra missions.

piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts

It is not like dirge of cerberus, the gameplay is like action rpg style but very well executed, not like all the others I've played

The game feels, looks and plays awesome, even for someone who's not a FF7 fan like me