Anonymous targets Sony

• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Notorious hacker group Anonymous has publicly threatened Sony, after the firm launched legal action against two file sharers in the US.

The two hackers, called GeoHot and Graf_Chokolo, are being sued for sharing jail broken PS3 codes

It is the latest move in Operation Payback, the organisation's mission to retaliate to what it sees as unjustified crackdowns of file sharers.MCV UK

The above is only an excerpt. You can read the full article here.

How ****** is Sony? :o

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
this is interesting. i suspect sony is screwed ive learned one thing on my years on the net. despite the best efforts of companies nobody can ultimately stop hackers and if they hackers are hell bent on screwing your over your screwed and theres no way around it. you cant stop hackers and piracy sony get over yourselves. there was once a day where gamesharks were awesome....stop ruining peoples fun. at the end of the day if you buy something there is nothing wrong with taking it apart nothing at all.
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Lol @ Anom. You can never underestimate these guys, obviously, but you sure can laugh at them for being so hung up something so stupid. Their buddies were idiots and got themselves into legitimate legal trouble. And Sony is not screwed. Why? Because money talks and bull**** walks. How much more can you hurt the PS3? The hack is already out there and people were already working to bypass the ban before these guys came along, so there's nothing new. What are they gonna do, go on gaming sites and give all their exclusives low ratings? C'mon....
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
Lol anonymous, I'm sure Sony are shivering with fear at the thought of ddos attacks. These guys are pathetic, ignorant to the fact that Geohot and others were the ones who started this situation in the first place.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MushroomWig

How ****** is Sony? :o

Hexagon_777

Why would they be ******? They're a bunch of children who hover around ****

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
Now you will experience the wrath of Anonymo0us. You saw a hornets nest, and you stuck your p****** in it. You must face the consequences of your actions, Anonymous style. *** alert :P and he mad bro
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#7 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Interesting...aren't these the same guys that gave Tom Cruise and his Scientology buddies a fit a few years back??

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MushroomWig

Interesting...aren't these the same guys that gave Tom Cruise and his Scientology buddies a fit a few years back??

MarcRecon
Yup! They also attacked CNN a while back for some reason I don't know....by attack I mean they shut down their website for a good...hour or so, now that's a deadly attack. xD
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

Yup! They also attacked CNN a while back for some reason I don't know....by attack I mean they shut down their website for a good...hour or so, now that's a deadly attack. xD

What I like is how they target individuals and... wait for it.... make bogus pizza orders. How is Sony going to pay for a all those pizzas? :P
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

MushroomWig

Wow...stuff like this definetly makes you think about internet security...

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
Internet terrorists? I think so.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

I thought this was confirmed to be fake? Also how can I take people like this seriously when ultimately all they are saying is:

"Give us your stuff for free without any form of penalty or consequences or we will do harmful things to your business. Also if you tell anyone we will still do harmful things to your business"

That sounds like something i've heard of before:

black·mail   

–verb (used with object)

to force or coerce into a particular action, statement

ex·tor·tion   

–noun

the crime of obtaining money or some other thing of value by the abuse of one's office or authority.

ex·tort   

–verb (used with object)

to wrest or wring (money, information, etc.) from a person by violence, intimidation, or abuse of authority; obtain by force, torture, threat, or the like.

to take illegally by reason of one's office.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

in a way im glad there are people out there that have some skills to fight back aginst big corps ect but i think they need to pick there fights a little better. Sony is doing what any one would do, defend there product and cash flow. if some one picked the lock on YOUR house or car and then put up a sign saying your house was now no longer protected how would you feel. Geonot did basicly just that with the ps3. he him self may not have done it so he can pirate games and cheat online but he new dang good and well what was going to happen and people like him needs to figure out there are consequences for there actions. As for all the people blathering on about how you cant stop hackers and piracy so just stop tring. well you cant stop all murders,car jackings,rapes ect but does that mean the cops' should just stop tring? no you keep fighting. maybe if some of these people running there mouths ever actually made something,put a lot of time and money in to making a product to sell and had people just steal it they would sing a def tone about sony protecting there products.

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

If you ask me, it looks like this is gonna get messy...

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

Sony Should wear this shirt:

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Haha, can't wait to see what happens here, hopefully it's something interesting.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

What I like is how they target individuals and... wait for it.... make bogus pizza orders. How is Sony going to pay for a all those pizzas? :P

lmao. that would be pretty funny..
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
Hackers on an ego trip out for justice? Give me an effin' break. Bunch of childish, ignorant fools--
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 frostybanana
Sony's site got crashed and PSN is down. Looks like they weren't kidding.
BillyLee912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BillyLee912
Member since 2011 • 123 Posts

Sony's site got crashed and PSN is down. Looks like they weren't kidding.frostybanana
It is not crashed I am online now. I could not play call of duty black ops online. And as for the Anonymous guys I don't understand how you can hack some one stuff and don't expect the company you hacked to do anything. Now the people that actually pay for sony's products have to suffer. Me personaly I don't mine Sony doing what they are doing as long as they continue providing good (Free) Online play and putting out some of the best games ever.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

As I've said before Sony have been too heavy handed like a bull in a china shop and they've stirred up the hornets nest it's there own fault really.

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

Sony's site got crashed and PSN is down. Looks like they weren't kidding.frostybanana

Yea, but I don't think its related. I doubt they could break into the psn at all. Modding is proably way easier. I don't see how they broke into CNN though..

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

From what I understand PSN isn't down it's just the login servers that are effected.

androflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 androflash
Member since 2005 • 1034 Posts

in a way im glad there are people out there that have some skills to fight back aginst big corps

Wild_Card

Disagree. Oh, I get it, big corporations are evil because they make money... c'mon. If you don't like the way a corporation makes money then don't support them, it really is that easy, why can't people just mind their own business?

As of today, I can honestly say Sony has never let me down, do they make mistakes? Yes, yes they do, just like everybody else. But every product that I have ever bought from them has delivered, on the other hand, this organization is messing with a service millions of innocent people enjoy, yeah, there's a lot of logic going on there. Not only that, but they claim to support 'freedom over the internet', which means people should be able to steal from Sony but Sony should not be able to defend itself, ha.

Besides, these guys make it seem like Sony is just a giant money-eating abomination, what about all the faces behind the brand? What about people who had to suffer through years of university and preparation to land the job they wanted? The way I see it, this group of hackers, although skilled, lack maturity... lots of it.

Go Sony.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 frostybanana

[QUOTE="Wild_Card"]

in a way im glad there are people out there that have some skills to fight back aginst big corps

androflash

Disagree. Oh, I get it, big corporations are evil because they make money... c'mon. If you don't like the way a corporation makes money then don't support them, it really is that easy, why can't people just mind their own business?

As of today, I can honestly say Sony has never let me down, do they make mistakes? Yes, yes they do, just like everybody else. But every product that I have ever bought from them has delivered, on the other hand, this organization is messing with a service millions of innocent people enjoy, yeah, there's a lot of logic going on there. Not only that, but they claim to support 'freedom over the internet', which means people should be able to steal from Sony but Sony should not be able to defend itself, ha.

Besides, these guys make it seem like Sony is just a giant money-eating abomination, what about all the faces behind the brand? What about people who had to suffer through years of university and preparation to land the job they wanted? The way I see it, this group of hackers, although skilled, lack maturity... lots of it.

Go Sony.

Sony is a giant money-eating abomination... and a lot of other companies are too. Doesn't mean they can do no wrong, and Sony's done plenty of wrong. I can see both sides really. Sony has always angered me with piss-poor customer service and their refusal to take responsibility for their mistakes (something both Nintendo and Microsoft has done.) But I don't think attacking their consumers is the logical course of action. Either way, I hope they both get what's coming to them.
Chet_Won

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chet_Won
Member since 2009 • 644 Posts

i wish anonymous would show his or her or their faces so i could punch them monday is my big game day and now i cant go online and play what a bunch of worthless human beings they are i hope sony sues them for everything theyve got. I understand hacking is cool well maybe back in the 90s or in a certain movie of the same name. But how dumb are people when they think they can take on a whole corporation. This is USA where if you have the most money you can win anything in court and you cant hack the court system well maybe their computer. This needs to stop so i can play my games

Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tetrarch9
Member since 2010 • 2581 Posts

Anonymous's Youtube channel with Sony vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcSCUU4Fg9k&feature=player_embedded

I have the highest rated comment I'm so cool8)

androflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 androflash

[QUOTE="androflash"]

[QUOTE="Wild_Card"]

frostybanana

Go Sony.

Sony is a giant money-eating abomination... and a lot of other companies are too. Doesn't mean they can do no wrong, and Sony's done plenty of wrong. I can see both sides really. Sony has always angered me with piss-poor customer service and their refusal to take responsibility for their mistakes (something both Nintendo and Microsoft has done.) But I don't think attacking their consumers is the logical course of action. Either way, I hope they both get what's coming to them.

How have they done plenty of wrong? (Sounds bad, but I do want to know what you think)

I see what you mean about the frustration of bad customer service. The thing is, customer service is just people, people who sometimes know how to treat customers and sometimes don't. I have dealt with several customer service departments from companies ranging from banks and department stores to airlines and the way I've been treated varies a lot, even within the same department. Yet, I do not feel entitled, in any way, to say that a certain cell phone company is an abomination, because the same company gave me a service when I had an emergency and I needed to call someone. I really feel that 5 or 6 or even 20 bad experiences over the phone/e-mail/mail/etc. is not enough to say a corporation is an abomination. But, when I feel a company doesn't live up to my standards I simply stop supporting their products.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="androflash"]

Go Sony.

androflash

How have they done plenty of wrong? (Sounds bad, but I do want to know what you think)

I see what you mean about the frustration of bad customer service. The thing is, customer service is just people, people who sometimes know how to treat customers and sometimes don't. I have dealt with several customer service departments from companies ranging from banks and department stores to airlines and the way I've been treated varies a lot, even within the same department. Yet, I do not feel entitled, in any way, to say that a certain cell phone company is an abomination, because the same company gave me a service when I had an emergency and I needed to call someone. I really feel that 5 or 6 or even 20 bad experiences over the phone/e-mail/mail/etc. is not enough to say a corporation is an abomination. But, when I feel a company doesn't live up to my standards I simply stop supporting their products.

There, read up if you want. Sony has done plenty bad as most, if not all, big corporations have. Not that I'm taking Anonymous' side in this debate. Their just a bunch a self righteous ignorant douchebags in my opinion. As long as this situation won't affect me, I'll be happy to sit back and watch this thing go absolutely nowhere. :)

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 frostybanana

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="androflash"]

Go Sony.

androflash

Truth be told, Sony's been doing some bad stuff for awhile, but I never really cared because I was so happy with my PSX and PS2. I've never had a problem with those systems and I never had to deal with customer service. However, when I got my PS3, I started to resent Sony because I had so many issues I needed to contact them about.

I'll give you an example. This isn't the ONLY problem, but I see it as one of my biggest quirps with them. I paid 600+ for my original fat 60g PS3. It was good (although the somewhat dated hardware annoyed me) and I had no problems...until about a year later. The blu ray player broke. I called Sony, told them I was under warranty and they sent a box. They didn't tell me over the phone that they were going to take MY system and replace it with a refurb, although it's in the fine print apparently. So, fine, chalk that one up on me. But they give me a 3 month warranty with that refurb (wth?) and wouldn't you know, it broke down 4 months later. There's a 2 week grace period, but I had crossed it. So, Sony had me pay 150 dollars for the repair. I asked them what I did wrong to cause it to break down, and apparently, a good portion of launch PS3s "just break down."

This cycle repeated for a good while. Sony kept sending me refurbs and I kept being a moron in paying the 150 for the repair. I had to spend more than double what I paid for the system in repairs. A 600 dollar machine should not break down that quickly. The notion is absurd. It was their manufacturing errors that caused the problems and they refused to take responsibility. I talked to customer support about it and they basically have a giant manual telling them what they can and can't do. And they couldn't cut me any slack on the subject, even though the actual representatives expressed sympathy for my situation. One guy even waived a repair fee because he felt bad for me.

Now, I've had similar problems with my Xbox. Microsoft even gave an extended warranty to all their customers in case they experienced any errors that were a direct result of poor manufacturing. That's taking responsibility for their mistake. Anytime I do speak to their customer service, they do their best to meet my needs and I've never had one complaint about them. I'm not an Xbox fanboy, I'm a hardcore Playstation lover. But the truth is the truth, Sony doesn't give a **** about their customers.

androflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 androflash

[QUOTE="androflash"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] Sony is a giant money-eating abomination... and a lot of other companies are too. Doesn't mean they can do no wrong, and Sony's done plenty of wrong. I can see both sides really. Sony has always angered me with piss-poor customer service and their refusal to take responsibility for their mistakes (something both Nintendo and Microsoft has done.) But I don't think attacking their consumers is the logical course of action. Either way, I hope they both get what's coming to them. anime_gamer007

There, read up if you want. Sony has done plenty bad as most, if not all, big corporations have. Not that I'm taking Anonymous' side in this debate. Their just a bunch a self righteous ignorant douchebags in my opinion. As long as this situation won't affect me, I'll be happy to sit back and watch this thing go absolutely nowhere. :)

Thank you for the link, I did read it.

I saw two types of wrong, ethical and legal. I won't discuss ethical mistakes because we all have our set of morals, so as far as I know, we would all be losing our time. As far as legal mistakes go, I saw some there I did not know of, but I also saw Sony admitted to have done some wrong and took responsibility for most of them, given, some people never get to see a refund or an apology but with a corporation this big, even if unjustifiable it is understandable.

I'm not a blind supporter of any corporation, but I feel people sometimes need to be realistic, with corporations this big mistakes should be expected (to some extent).

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

I am slightly amused.

androflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 androflash

@frostybanana

I tried to respond to your post three times but Gamespot didn't let me (something about HTML regarding the quotes). Unfortunately, I messed up and lost my post *sigh* but I wanted to write something just because you took the time to write a response.

To sum it up, I went through a similar experience but the other way around, three 360's and one PS3 (one 360 exploded, second one just stopped working and the third one is right next to me, working flawlessly, just like my PS3). I think this is a small proof that experiences always vary, and I don't feel well saying Sony or Microsoft are abominations when, hypothetically speaking, half of the customers are happily enjoying their products and/or services. But I do understand your frustration.

I respect your opinion and appreciate the response.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 frostybanana

@frostybanana

I tried to respond to your post three times but Gamespot didn't let me (something about HTML regarding the quotes). Unfortunately, I messed up and lost my post *sigh* but I wanted to write something just because you took the time to write a response.

To sum it up, I went through a similar experience but the other way around, three 360's and one PS3 (one 360 exploded, second one just stopped working and the third one is right next to me, working flawlessly, just like my PS3). I think this is a small proof that experiences always vary, and I don't feel well saying Sony or Microsoft are abominations when, hypothetically speaking, half of the customers are happily enjoying their products and/or services. But I do understand your frustration.

androflash
Yes, but like I said, Microsoft took responsibility and flat out said, "hey, we made a mistake" and they tried to rectify it. Sony refuses to acknowledge that they made a mistake and instead they churn out a PS3 slim saying "this solves all the problems that the fat PS3 presented." So what? I have to buy a whole other system because you couldn't properly manufacture it in the first place? They couldn't even update the PS3 with newer hardware so you still have garbage memory and horrible load times among other things because their system was apparently "perfect" in every where. Another example of arrogance on their part. The people who are experiencing these problems are in the minority, no question about it. It doesn't mean it's OK to tell those guys to screw off. I will always have a grudge against Sony for that. It's surprising I'm still clinging to my PS3, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here and hoping they'll improve, because it's not just me complaining about it. So far though, I've seen nothing to make me think they're becoming more customer friendly.
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

They have a facebook if you want your voice to be heard.

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jak-25

The Playstation boards seems to be having problems and the site was under maintenance a while ago. Does this mean they have struck? :?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MarcRecon

Eventually...we the consumer will be the most effected in the long run!!

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrSelf-Destruct

The Playstation boards seems to be having problems and the site was under maintenance a while ago. Does this mean they have struck? :?

Jak-25
Yeah, I guess they did. Okay, Sony, tell Geohotz you were just playin' and give him his toys back. His friends are shoving the other kids off the monkey bars and kicking sand at them. Damn kids. :roll: :P
evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts

Eventually...we the consumer will be the most effected in the long run!!

MarcRecon
agreed
Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jak-25

[QUOTE="Jak-25"]

MrSelf-Destruct

Yeah, I guess they did. Okay, Sony, tell Geohotz you were just playin' and give him his toys back. His friends are shoving the other kids off the monkey bars and kicking sand at them. Damn kids. :roll: :P

hahaha yup, they arn't playing around. lol

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
this is no longer the 90ies hackers are no longer the underdogs and loved we need to make a stand that if someone is a hacker it wont be tolerated they need to be beaten thrown in a north Korean prison and forgotten about to slowly rot in their own filth
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MrSelf-Destruct
this is no longer the 90ies hackers are no longer the underdogs and loved we need to make a stand that if someone is a hacker it wont be tolerated they need to be beaten thrown in a north Korean prison and forgotten about to slowly rot in their own filth elbert_b_23
They may not be thrown into a Korean prison, but I can't imagine spending the rest of their lives in their moms' basements being much better. :P
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
this thing only made me think of Ghost in a Shell and the whole laughing man...

Anonymous's Youtube channel with Sony vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcSCUU4Fg9k&feature=player_embedded

I have the highest rated comment I'm so cool8)

Tetrarch9
specially after watching that clip... that symbol only remind me the symbol of the laughing man.... as ridiculous as it may sound, the "hacking terrorism, a revolution started after a unrelated minor event ......" :?
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Wild_Card
[QUOTE="androflash"]

[QUOTE="Wild_Card"]

Go Sony.

Get what ever you want dude but stop putting words in my mouth. all i ment was that i think its good that there are people out there with the skills to fight back IF its ever needed drrrrr. i never once said that sony or any other company is evil ...but of course there are corparations that do in FACT do very bad things in the name of profits, you would have to be a world class fool or have been liveing under a very shelterd rock for the last 70 years not to know this. ;). So you can ease up on your silly self righteous pro sony ranting aginst one comment i made that you took the wrong way .And im sorry if you think i dont already know that i dont have to support a corparation that i dont like. your not telling me any thing i dont already know guy.And speaking of minding your own bussness why cant you let me voice my opinion with out tring to attack it? hmmmmmm? :p
Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jak-25

Playstation.com won't even load. Yep, the hackers are busy... lol and there was this one post I wanted to respond to. Oh, well!

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Wild_Card

[QUOTE="androflash"]

@frostybanana

frostybanana

Yes, but like I said, Microsoft took responsibility and flat out said, "hey, we made a mistake" and they tried to rectify it. Sony refuses to acknowledge that they made a mistake and instead they churn out a PS3 slim saying "this solves all the problems that the fat PS3 presented." So what? I have to buy a whole other system because you couldn't properly manufacture it in the first place? They couldn't even update the PS3 with newer hardware so you still have garbage memory and horrible load times among other things because their system was apparently "perfect" in every where. Another example of arrogance on their part. The people who are experiencing these problems are in the minority, no question about it. It doesn't mean it's OK to tell those guys to screw off. I will always have a grudge against Sony for that. It's surprising I'm still clinging to my PS3, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here and hoping they'll improve, because it's not just me complaining about it. So far though, I've seen nothing to make me think they're becoming more customer friendly.

dont feel like the lone ranger. Iv had a LOT issues regarding sony products. My first PS1 died after 1 and a half years, ps2 died afetr about 2 years and im on my 4th ps3 now. the first 3 all died of disk drive failures. yet my other systems as far back as the NES never gave me issue one. my snes,sega gen ect all still work so its not like im playing basket ball with my systems :p.

I used to run a car audio bussness, very small scale. but i built a lot of custom set ups for people and a lot of people would want a sony head unit/CD player.i had so many people bringing there cars back to me to have the head units replaced do to the CD players ether not working or skiping every time they hit a little bump in the roadi started refuseing to sell or install a sony CD player lol. it was bad as it was a pain to remove,RMA the unit and then reinstall it.And i only made about 20 bucks for selling and installing it lol. there amps were a bit meh as well. But here i am still a sony user as far as the playstation goes. the reason? the games. that and the other choice is not better as far as reliabilty goes, even worse from what i hear ;) So any way dont feel like your alone with haveing trouble with sony products breaking. but then again iv heard from people that they never had a sony product die on them. im the same way with pioneer audio stuff. Iv yet to have a pioneer product die on me or have one returned when i was doing installs ect. except for my home theater reciever but that was because my cat puked in it lol. i was a little miffed about that :p any way i know that sounds like a sony hate post but i dont mean it to. i think as far as features and games ect they have done a great job as well as haveing done a great job bringing gameing in to the main stream and allowing devs to make more mature games ect. Im old enough to recall what it was like before the PS1. Over all sony has done some great things for gameing imho. as far as M$ owning up to this that or another.....there about as sorry a corp as iv ever seen.They havedone than there share of **** moves over the years;)

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
they are cowards that pretend to be heroes as they hide their true identity because they know that they are nothing but criminals wanting to feel better about them selfs
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Wild_Card

"Fight Back"? What, exactly, has Sony done that's so wrong? Developed a product, put it on sale to the public, charging legit prices which actually lose them money in the process of attempting to build a customer base...

... where is the harm? Because they don't want people stealing from them for products and services which (wait for it) are not a necessity for a happy life? If these toolsheds want to attack something, how about the insurance companies who refuse coverage because of pre-exsisting condition? How about targetting companies who polute the planet? How about targetting oppressive governments who abuse human rights like they're going out of print?

If you think Sony has done such wrong by the world by making PS3s and televisions, you're a complete ponce.

androflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 androflash

[QUOTE="androflash"]

[QUOTE="Wild_Card"]

Wild_Card

Go Sony.

Get what ever you want dude but stop putting words in my mouth. all i ment was that i think its good that there are people out there with the skills to fight back IF its ever needed drrrrr. i never once said that sony or any other company is evil ...but of course there are corparations that do in FACT do very bad things in the name of profits, you would have to be a world class fool or have been liveing under a very shelterd rock for the last 70 years not to know this. ;). So you can ease up on your silly self righteous pro sony ranting aginst one comment i made that you took the wrong way .And im sorry if you think i dont already know that i dont have to support a corparation that i dont like. your not telling me any thing i dont already know guy.And speaking of minding your own bussness why cant you let me voice my opinion with out tring to attack it? hmmmmmm? :p

I meant 'you' as in people in general, not you as a person or your comment as a whole. Which is why I took out everything else from your comment (which I actually agree with, in case you didn't get that). I never said that you said that any company is evil, if I did, please quote me.

"So you can ease up on your silly self righteous pro sony ranting"

Pro-corporation, please. Self-righteous? I didn't know I sounded so good, but fair enough.

"aginst one comment i made that you took the wrong way"

Just like you, guy... just like you.

"And speaking of minding your own bussness why cant you let me voice my opinion with out tring to attack it? hmmmmmm?"

I disagreed, can't take people disagreeing with you? (Note:difference between 'why can't people mind their own business' and 'why can't you mind your own business')