An open letter to Hideo Kojima.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sgt_Politeness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sgt_Politeness
Member since 2008 • 276 Posts

Mr. Kojima,

I need ZOE3. Did you read that? NEED.

I was just playing the Iron Man demo, and I enjoyed myself, but the whole time I was just thinking of ZOE2. I know Metal Gear is the bread-winner, but ZOE is probably one of my favorite single player gameplay experiences of all time. What gives? Not sure where to take the story? That's not why ZOE2 was great. The 2nd Runner barely had a noticeable plot at all. I didn't care. No other game has ever come close to capturing the joy that is flying robots and blowing things up.

I might actually buy Iron Man, something I never ever thought I'd do, just because I need to fly around and blow things up. Read that? NEED.

DarkCloud79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DarkCloud79
Member since 2006 • 997 Posts

Mr. Kojima,

I was just playing the Iron Man demo, and I enjoyed myself, but the whole time I was just thinking of ZOE2. I know Metal Gear is the bread-winner, but ZOE is probably one of my favorite single player gameplay experiences of all time. What gives? Not sure where to take the story? That's not why ZOE2 was great. The 2nd Runner barely had a noticeable plot at all. I didn't care. No other game has ever come close to capturing the joy that is flying robots and blowing things up.

I might actually buy Iron Man, something I never ever thought I'd do, just because I need to fly around and blow things up. Read that? NEED.

Sgt_Politeness

ZOE3 is already heavely rumored, but you have to wait until MGS4 comes out to hear confirmation and for the work to start.

Sgt_Politeness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sgt_Politeness

ZOE3 is already heavely rumored, but you have to wait until MGS4 comes out to hear confirmation and for the work to start.

DarkCloud79

Nuts to that. I'm American, and I demand it be confirmed now.

(I've learned that 35% of people don't get sarcasm, so I guess I have to add "I'm joking" somewhere in the post)

sonydbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sonydbz
Member since 2004 • 552 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought ZoE wasn't created by Hideo Kojima. He just watched over it cloesly...again, I might be wrong
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Mr. Kojima,

Sgt_Politeness

yeah i want ZOE3 pretty badly too. just out of curiosity is the ironman demo on one of the psn stores?

MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts
I want another ZoE, but it better be like ZoE 2 and not like the first one. The first one wasn't even a good game, much less great. Could beat it in about 3 1/2 hours and some of the most repetitive gaming I've ever played (it did look purdy though). ZoE 2 was pretty much the start of the series. I remember the only reason I bought the first ZoE was because it had the MGS2 demo packed in with it. ;)
LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought ZoE wasn't created by Hideo Kojima. He just watched over it cloesly...again, I might be wrongsonydbz

He was the producer if I'm not mistaken.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
excuse me but what is ZoE?
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 DuhQbnSiLo
Member since 2007 • 622 Posts

excuse me but what is ZoE?Bloodseeker23

Zone of Enders

notchewable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 notchewable
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts

not funny

nerdman60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nerdman60
Member since 2003 • 310 Posts
I highly doubt Mr. Kojima reads gamespots PS3 forum.
Sgt_Politeness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sgt_Politeness

Yeah, ZOE wasn't amazing. The combat was repetitive and not very satisfying. ZOE2 was a step in the right direction in absolutely every instance. The only problem I had with it was the story. At best it was bland, at worst it was incomprehensible (like certain bosses being introduced as if they had some history with the main character, but that history wasn't really explained). But gameplay wise, it's one of my favorite games ever. ZOE2 was kind of short too, but I played that over and over and over again.

To sonydbz: Well, Kojima produced ZOE2. I don't know what exactly that means or how much input he had in it, but he was the producer. I doubt they'll make ZOE3 unless they can put Kojima's name on it. Even if he's just game tester, it won't sell nearly as well if his name isn't on it.

I got the Iron Man demo from Xbox Live. I don't know if it's up on the PSN (I don't have a PS3 yet).

not funny

notchewable

Good observation. I totally agree.

Sgt_Politeness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sgt_Politeness

I highly doubt Mr. Kojima reads gamespots PS3 forum. nerdman60

Whoops, I thought this was Gamespot's ASK KOJIMA Forum. Maybe a mod will move it for me.

:P

salami5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 salami5000
Member since 2005 • 1312 Posts
kojima said in an interview that he loves the idea of working on ZOE3 but he's to busy with MGS4. "Maybe when it's finished"
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#15 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
What is with everyone riding Kojima's **** lately?? First everyone gets all pissy about him not liking MGS4, even though he is a perfectionist big time, then people start whining about Zone of Enders. Itll come out. I doubt Hideo Kojima cares much about people on the gamespot forums bashing him....
KingFrostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 KingFrostman
Member since 2004 • 263 Posts
i try not to think about ZOE3, it makes me depressed when i do, since its not coming and all...
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

:o Kojima is reading the gamespot forums!?

:roll: