Am I wasting my time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

So I don't have a Vita, but I plan on buying one at some point in the not too distant future. I am a member of PS+, and have been downloading or "purchasing" the free games for Vita so that I can redownload them when I get one. Is this wasting my time? Will the games still be free if I don't do this, or is actually a good idea?

Thanks

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

From what I gather what you're doing is a good idea.  Once they're off of being free for plus they seem to go not be free, unless I believe you downloaded them while having plus then deleted them you can get them back for free again (not completely sure, but i think it works this way, if not instead of deleting them from the vita memory card just transfer them back to the ps3).  Anyway, it's probably not a bad idea to be during what you're doing, which you'll end up doing anyway due to the limited size of the Vita memory card (I currently have a few Vita games waiting on my PS3 until I clear space on my Vita).

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#3 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

It is. Only takes a few KB of space to "unlock" the game. Took me awhile to understand that it is does not need to be downloaded to be kept. However, once your PS+ sub runs out, the unlocked games will be void. That is at least how I understand it so far.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
That's actually a really good idea. So long as you "purchase" it, you'll always be able to redownload it so long as you remain a PS+ member. Even if it gets removed from the free games or you let your PS+ run out, you won't lose it. You'd just have to resubscribe then you can redownload your games.
SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

Perfect thanks guys, so I actually don't even have to download it, just "purchase" it? And i understand the games leave if my ps+ runs out, but I plan on keeping it.