Am i the only one who doesnt care about final fantasy (at all)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

weddy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 weddy92
Member since 2008 • 747 Posts
Am I missing something because i dont see what all the hype is about it is its just a rpg im not a fan of them but its supoised to be the best one out there and it was just meh for me am i the only one?
gbpman630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 gbpman630
Member since 2003 • 2795 Posts
No, you're not the only one, but I am a huge FF fan, so I don't sympathize with your feelings. I think RPGs are the best types of games and feel that the Final Fantasy Series has had some of the best games of this type. There are many people that don't like RPGs, so you're definitely not alone.
aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
You're not alone. My cousin hates them. He's only into sports games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bb196d4ab501
deactivated-5bb196d4ab501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-5bb196d4ab501
Member since 2006 • 181 Posts
FF is meaningful to me because i was introduced to the scene at the time of FFII and it was the neweest thing. It was also my first RPG. After that it has always interested me.
T-Aldous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 T-Aldous
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts
You are not alone, I can't stand them. I really tried to like the Final Fantasy series, I tried FF7, FF8, FF10 and FF12. I just couldn't for the life of me figure out what is so great about them.
batsy4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 batsy4life
Member since 2007 • 815 Posts
Weddy, you're funny. Of course you're not alone. There are several things people have in common (even those we think are impossible to comprehend) I for one dont like Mario and I dont hate him. The games are so annoying to me...some of the sports spin-offs I may like, but Mario..no! FF is another one...I like, but not a major fan. If given the choice between a fighter and FF, I'd go with the fighting game, just different tastes.
one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#7 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts

You're not alone. I don't remember buying or really playing any Final Fantasy games at all. I've only watched that CGI movie though.

Wuflungdung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Wuflungdung
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts
Am I missing something because i dont see what all the hype is about it is its just a rpg im not a fan of them but its supoised to be the best one out there and it was just meh for me am i the only one?weddy92
I havent been excited about FF since 9, that was the start of the demise of the series. They used to be good rpgs, now they are just interactive movies, which some people love, but not me.
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
No your not alone...there are plenty of them out there but they are just afraid that if they say something a FF fans will jump all over them.
koolaidWTF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 koolaidWTF
Member since 2008 • 362 Posts
No I hate those games, I just can't get into RPG's. I remember playing one FF for like 5 minutes then never setting my eyes on another one.
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
Not alone. I love rpgs, but absolutely hate Final Fantasy.
Vann009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vann009
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts
Well it all comes down to your preference,some like sports, some like action and some like many other different genre of game. I myself like RPG's but hate Sports.
weddy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 weddy92
and dont get me started on the whole turned based thing
Torpian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Torpian
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that YES you are the only human being in the entire universe (including the black holes wherein may lie other galaxies) that does not like Final Fantasy. This could be a genetic thing passed down from one generation to the next but lies dormant in certain people. In your case, it's fully awakened. I suggest you see a doctor and if symtoms persist avoid all games for a period of three years - then give it a try. Best of luck to you - sorry 'bout your damn luck.
Wuflungdung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Wuflungdung
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts
and dont get me started on the whole turned based thingweddy92
thats the charm, Real time sucks cause its not done well enough.
PatlaborAV98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PatlaborAV98
Member since 2004 • 30 Posts

I was a final fantasy fan used to like the older ones

but know it just see.s like the newer ones are about just making pretty boy characters

or incessant spin offs....sure some people love final fantasy 7 but i didnt and getting a load of spin offs doesnt exactly grab me

specially when square has other franchises which they could work on/bother to release over here.

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
people have different opinions... i liked FF VI &, VIII, so as FF tactics very much... also XII, but only a bit.
WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts
Probably not. Did that answer your question?
tidyspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tidyspidey
Member since 2004 • 630 Posts

I'm not a fan of the FF series, so no, you're certainly not alone.

I've tried playing many of them since FF VII, but haven't found one yet that I really like

neovalkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 neovalkyr
Member since 2003 • 1097 Posts
Give me one game everyone likes...
WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WhiteSnake5000
But honestly, even if you don't like them personally, I think it's clearly obvious why Final Fantasy is so popular and why so many people care about it. Generally it has great game play, music, story-line, and graphics. If you can't find one single thing to appreciate about a FF game, then you're probably far too ignorant for your own good. This question is kind of like asking, is there anyone who doesn't care about Halo? Yes, there is. There are people who are completely not interested in shooters or sci-fi settings, it all depends, but when you truly evaluate how something can appeal to someone (anyone) in whatever situation, it makes sense why games like Final Fantasy and Halo can easily appeal to masses, because they have certain qualities that a lot of people tend to like, one of the reasons why they sell so well. But if you really can't see why someone else would consider something good, then you are a self-centered thinker. I'm not telling you to agree with everyone, but I'm telling you to open your mind and observe the world around you and try to reason with it.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#22 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I like the FF series.But After seeing more and more videos on VersusXIII and XIII itself I find my self saying,I really don't care about these two games.Both of them look dull,boring and both of them look like there is some sort of stupid concept behind them.I mean I will try them out when they hit store shelves but I am in no hurry to play them any more.
zaid55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 zaid55
Member since 2005 • 1132 Posts
i hate them. Always try to get into them but i just give up after an hour. The only RPG that i finished though was Kingdom Hearts 2.
weddy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 weddy92
But honestly, even if you don't like them personally, I think it's clearly obvious why Final Fantasy is so popular and why so many people care about it. Generally it has great game play, music, story-line, and graphics. If you can't find one single thing to appreciate about a FF game, then you're probably far too ignorant for your own good. This question is kind of like asking, is there anyone who doesn't care about Halo? Yes, there is. There are people who are completely not interested in shooters or sci-fi settings, it all depends, but when you truly evaluate how something can appeal to someone (anyone) in whatever situation, it makes sense why games like Final Fantasy and Halo can easily appeal to masses, because they have certain qualities that a lot of people tend to like, one of the reasons why they sell so well. But if you really can't see why someone else would consider something good, then you are a self-centered thinker. I'm not telling you to agree with everyone, but I'm telling you to open your mind and observe the world around you and try to reason with it. WhiteSnake5000
im talking more about the gameplay from pictures that i think are final fantasy ones it looks great
WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WhiteSnake5000
[QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"]But honestly, even if you don't like them personally, I think it's clearly obvious why Final Fantasy is so popular and why so many people care about it. Generally it has great game play, music, story-line, and graphics. If you can't find one single thing to appreciate about a FF game, then you're probably far too ignorant for your own good. This question is kind of like asking, is there anyone who doesn't care about Halo? Yes, there is. There are people who are completely not interested in shooters or sci-fi settings, it all depends, but when you truly evaluate how something can appeal to someone (anyone) in whatever situation, it makes sense why games like Final Fantasy and Halo can easily appeal to masses, because they have certain qualities that a lot of people tend to like, one of the reasons why they sell so well. But if you really can't see why someone else would consider something good, then you are a self-centered thinker. I'm not telling you to agree with everyone, but I'm telling you to open your mind and observe the world around you and try to reason with it. weddy92
im talking more about the game play from pictures that i think are final fantasy ones it looks great

Well, can you at least see why someone else would like it? I mean when you evaluate the game play and form your opinion on it, how do judge if it's bad or not? Final Fantasy isn't a game franchise with technical issues in its battle system. For what it is, it's designed quite well. It's generally strategic, turn based, and based on a menu system. I just think that because it's well made, it has the potentiality to appeal to someone who is into that type of game play. For example, I'm not really into the whole RTS band wagon. Games like Starcraft, Warcraft, and Age of Empires don't appeal to me, but, I can at least see why they are highly regarded as good games, because they are well-designed, the same reason why so many people care about Final Fantasy games..
Garudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Garudo
Member since 2004 • 436 Posts
don't worry bout that, u r certainly not the only in the world who doesn't care about ff series...but in either way..u shud try n like them. the graphics, soundtracks and storyline are fantastic.. tht's one of the reasons i bought the ps 3 and its predecessors..
mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts
Yep your the only one
onthalookout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 onthalookout
Member since 2005 • 1123 Posts
I'm 200% on the same page as you. I hate RPGs, never even played 1 minutes of any Final Fantasy game. Don't even know a single character from it I just know the "men" look a lot like women from what I seen.
weddy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 weddy92
[QUOTE="weddy92"][QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"]But honestly, even if you don't like them personally, I think it's clearly obvious why Final Fantasy is so popular and why so many people care about it. Generally it has great game play, music, story-line, and graphics. If you can't find one single thing to appreciate about a FF game, then you're probably far too ignorant for your own good. This question is kind of like asking, is there anyone who doesn't care about Halo? Yes, there is. There are people who are completely not interested in shooters or sci-fi settings, it all depends, but when you truly evaluate how something can appeal to someone (anyone) in whatever situation, it makes sense why games like Final Fantasy and Halo can easily appeal to masses, because they have certain qualities that a lot of people tend to like, one of the reasons why they sell so well. But if you really can't see why someone else would consider something good, then you are a self-centered thinker. I'm not telling you to agree with everyone, but I'm telling you to open your mind and observe the world around you and try to reason with it. WhiteSnake5000
im talking more about the game play from pictures that i think are final fantasy ones it looks great

Well, can you at least see why someone else would like it? I mean when you evaluate the game play and form your opinion on it, how do judge if it's bad or not? Final Fantasy isn't a game franchise with technical issues in its battle system. For what it is, it's designed quite well. It's generally strategic, turn based, and based on a menu system. I just think that because it's well made, it has the potentiality to appeal to someone who is into that type of game play. For example, I'm not really into the whole RTS band wagon. Games like Starcraft, Warcraft, and Age of Empires don't appeal to me, but, I can at least see why they are highly regarded as good games, because they are well-designed, the same reason why so many people care about Final Fantasy games..

I can see why peopel would like the series but its just not a type of game i can play i cant stand RTS, racing, most sport games and something else that im forgetting and mabey ill give this one a rent (if my video store had any ps3 games to rent)
WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WhiteSnake5000
[QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"][QUOTE="weddy92"] im talking more about the game play from pictures that i think are final fantasy ones it looks greatweddy92

I can see why peopel would like the series but its just not a type of game i can play i cant stand RTS, racing, most sport games and something else that im forgetting and mabey ill give this one a rent (if my video store had any ps3 games to rent)

Well, that's good, now all you gotta do is just ignore it and don't let it bother you.
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts
I also don't like Final Fantasy games because it's turn-based. Hehe. I find turn-based way too boring. You just tell the characters what to do then just watch them perform it. Makes me sleepy.
doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts
im not bothered attall
alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 alstevens83
Member since 2008 • 1462 Posts
Nope TC you are not alone. I hate the Final Fantasy games as well. I love the RPG like Zelda, Fallout 3, Oblivion ect however final fantasy is one game which just bores the tar out of me
WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WhiteSnake5000
Nope TC you are not alone. I hate the Final Fantasy games as well. I love the RPG like Zelda, Fallout 3, Oblivion ect however final fantasy is one game which just bores the tar out of mealstevens83
Zelda is definitely not an RPG.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Nah, you're not. I'm not incredibly interested in this game either, and I've played just about all of these games since the first NES one. But, really, Final Fantasy VII is the only one I've thought was anything special, and that largely has to do with its progressive (for its time) storyline and atypical setting (love the post-apocalyptic setting, especially in an RPG). That game also had thousands of sidequests, and hours upon hours of gameplay, along with the fact that it was the first game whose storyline really drew me in and made me care about characters, etc. I haven't felt this way about a FF game since.

But my gf likes it, which means I'm getting it anyway, so I haven't really given it a lot of thought.... but yeah, I would've been more excited about a new PS3 Dragon Quest game or -- le swoon! -- a new PS3 Dark Cloud game.

Garudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Garudo
Member since 2004 • 436 Posts
Yep your the only onemep69
i appreciate tht..muahahaa
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts
HEATHEN!
Lupivdaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lupivdaman
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts
your not the only one I don't Final Fantasy as matter of fact I don't like any RPG game
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
No I'm sure there are group of people who don't care about: RPG FIGHTING GAMES RACING etc.....
Lupivdaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lupivdaman
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts

No I'm sure there are group of people who don't care about: RPG FIGHTING GAMES RACING etc.....Star650

Yeah thats true I don't care about RPG's and Racing games

dthach614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 dthach614
Member since 2008 • 804 Posts
well with me, i was going to purchase a ps3 for FF, but since its now also on xbox 360, theres no reason for me to get a ps3 except for metal gear solid.
BlackBronx187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BlackBronx187
Member since 2006 • 49 Posts
Final Fantasy Is a great franchise,When 13 went to xbox360 thats when everything fell apart.You have you right to speak you mind.But me Final Fantasy is Fine with me
orbis_mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#43 orbis_mortis
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts
No, you are not the only one. But there are many of us that love rpg's and the fanal fantasy series. Everybody has their own taste in games.
bpw8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bpw8
Member since 2002 • 558 Posts
I've always loved the FF series but i understand its not for everyone. Probably because I am cheap and RPGs are better value for your dollar. I always thought it was odd that i can pay 60 dollars for a 8 hour game and 60 dollars for a 70 hour game.
Egyptman786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Egyptman786
Member since 2008 • 1152 Posts
Nope, i honostly dont care either
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
I have no interest in Japanese RPGs in general. I don't really care for Western RPGs either.
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts
No you aren't, I dislike ALL RPG's. A friend lent me his copy of FF7 to try and sway me, and it only strengthened my dislike for them.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
I've only just been properly introduced to the RPG genre just recently (we've had chance meetings in the past, but nothing ever came of them) so while I haven't been interested in the past, I'll probably start once FF XIII and Versus XIII hit shelves. I did try my hand with FF X, but it just wasn't to be.
trapper94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 trapper94
Member since 2008 • 801 Posts

you are not alone, i have no use for 'em

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts
Am I missing something because i dont see what all the hype is about it is its just a rpg im not a fan of them but its supoised to be the best one out there and it was just meh for me am i the only one?weddy92
No your not... i only played ff7... one of the best games ever For sure... but when i tried the other ones in the series they all sucked.... are the FF games still turned based.... i find that lame