Alright Im Getting Oblivion!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#1 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

Ok, even though people tried to convince me not to, because I have the PC version. On the PC version, when I got it I played on my brothers computer, and I turned on god mode the whole game and got every weapon with console cheats. I didnt even listen to the story I just skipped everything and killed ppl I was suppose to. I beat the main story line and all the guilds, except the knights of the nine cuz i didnt have that. I dont even remember any of the story cuz i didnt pay attention. My computer Im on now cant even barely run Oblivion, its REALLY slow and my comp always has errors and stuff while running it..unlike my brothers. My bro wont let me play it on his anymore. So Ive decided to buy this game once again, because Id rather do that than trying to fix my comp and/or buy a new one and video cards and such. Id rather pay like $60 than $2000(obviously). Lol.

Im just posting this because I want to know your guys opinions on my choice. Oh and Ill also be picking up God of War 2.  

serph-1925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 serph-1925
Member since 2006 • 581 Posts
get god of war 2 not oblivion its bad u will love god of war
jmper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jmper4
Member since 2004 • 957 Posts

Well if you are actually going to play it then sure....go for it. lol

The cheats are fun but I try not to use any till after i complete a game.

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 trav_have
get god of war 2 not oblivion its bad u will love god of warserph-1925
Yeah I know, thats why Im getting God of War 2...that wasnt even a question not to get it. I just kind of threw it in my post. I love Oblivion too, thats what the post is about.
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 trav_have

Well if you are actually going to play it then sure....go for it. lol

The cheats are fun but I try not to use any till after i complete a game.

jmper4
I want to get it again because I plan on using no cheats. Im not even sure if you can on PS3..probably can but I wont.
Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Pablo620
Member since 2004 • 4980 Posts
dont cheat in games whats the point
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 trav_have
dont cheat in games whats the pointPablo620
Thats pretty much why im re-buying it. I cheated and just ran through the whole story, and ruined it. I want to actually get into it this time and train and stuff.
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
good choice.
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts
oblivion is not not bad, its the best rpg ive ever played anbd one of my favourite games just like morrrowind was
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
seeing as we're talking about Oblivion, does any1 else find it strange that the PS3 version got 1 point lower in sound, because (and i quote) "The delivery is very good, but it's a bit off-putting to hear almost every character in the game speak with exactly the same voice." This is also the case with the other versions yet they got a full 10...
barinelg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 barinelg
Member since 2003 • 674 Posts
[QUOTE="gekidami"]seeing as we're talking about Oblivion, does any1 else find it strange that the PS3 version got 1 point lower in sound, because (and i quote) "The delivery is very good, but it's a bit off-putting to hear almost every character in the game speak with exactly the same voice." This is also the case with the other versions yet they got a full 10...

Do keep in mind that it was reviewed by a different person compared to the original reviews. But yes. The game is definitely worth playing through without the cheats on. I enjoyed it all greatly (about 120 hours of playtime and done all storylines including Knights of the Nine) and plan on enjoying it for more hours to come.
kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kyle_toker
Member since 2004 • 4950 Posts

Ok, even though people tried to convince me not to, because I have the PC version. On the PC version, when I got it I played on my brothers computer, and I turned on god mode the whole game and got every weapon with console cheats. I didnt even listen to the story I just skipped everything and killed ppl I was suppose to. I beat the main story line and all the guilds, except the knights of the nine cuz i didnt have that. I dont even remember any of the story cuz i didnt pay attention. My computer Im on now cant even barely run Oblivion, its REALLY slow and my comp always has errors and stuff while running it..unlike my brothers. My bro wont let me play it on his anymore. So Ive decided to buy this game once again, because Id rather do that than trying to fix my comp and/or buy a new one and video cards and such. Id rather pay like $60 than $2000(obviously). Lol.

Im just posting this because I want to know your guys opinions on my choice. Oh and Ill also be picking up God of War 2.

trav_have
in your case, i agree with your choice... this time pay attention its an amazing game
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts

trav_have
I think you make bad choices. Lets hope your choices in life are better than your choices to cheat in games.
SoralinkGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#14 SoralinkGS
Member since 2005 • 3626 Posts
Good choice because oblivion is always a good choice. Just choose a different character to play as this time and go through the game different. It will be a whole new experience.
Link_tha_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Link_tha_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts
i am rebuying oblivion too. I also got the pc version but my pc wont let me play oblivion how i would like to play it. I know the pc version has mods but i don't really need those. I like oblivion just how it is. Except for the armor at lvl 20+, that is in opinion one of the only downsides of vanilla oblivion. The only problem is now that i live in Holland and i need to wait to f*cking 27th of april before i can get it.:evil:
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 trav_have
i am rebuying oblivion too. I also got the pc version but my pc wont let me play oblivion how i would like to play it. I know the pc version has mods but i don't really need those. I like oblivion just how it is. Except for the armor at lvl 20+, that is in opinion one of the only downsides of vanilla oblivion. The only problem is now that i live in Holland and i need to wait to f*cking 27th of april before i can get it.:evil:Link_tha_Gamer
Nice. You live in Holland? Sweet..im dutch but never been there. Thanks for all this help guys, anymore would be great.
brotherreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 brotherreese
Member since 2003 • 1049 Posts
I hate how everybody can't talk about gaming without GOW2 comming out of their mouths.
[QUOTE="serph-1925"]get god of war 2 not oblivion its bad u will love god of wartrav_have
Yeah I know, thats why Im getting God of War 2...that wasnt even a question not to get it. I just kind of threw it in my post. I love Oblivion too, thats what the post is about.

I say, give it a lil time. It'll be on Playstation greatest hits soon enough. Just like GOW.
jwcs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 jwcs15
Member since 2005 • 193 Posts
Can you even cheat on the PS3 version?
johnf6291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 johnf6291
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
How sweet would Oblivion be if it had God of War fighting mechanics? It's probably not possible, but one could dream.
LoboSolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LoboSolo
Member since 2002 • 1136 Posts
Sweet! Now pay attention this time! LOL
tiprun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tiprun
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
Good man :)
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
[QUOTE="barinelg"][QUOTE="gekidami"]seeing as we're talking about Oblivion, does any1 else find it strange that the PS3 version got 1 point lower in sound, because (and i quote) "The delivery is very good, but it's a bit off-putting to hear almost every character in the game speak with exactly the same voice." This is also the case with the other versions yet they got a full 10...

Do keep in mind that it was reviewed by a different person compared to the original reviews. But yes. The game is definitely worth playing through without the cheats on. I enjoyed it all greatly (about 120 hours of playtime and done all storylines including Knights of the Nine) and plan on enjoying it for more hours to come.

Theres also IGN that nailed the game for its numerous bugs, bugs that already existed in the other 2 versions... i think reviewers now know all the bugs that the game has and they're casting their aggro on the lastest version...
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 trav_have
How sweet would Oblivion be if it had God of War fighting mechanics? It's probably not possible, but one could dream. johnf6291
ROFL. That would be weird! Haha. More replies, I WANT MORE REPLIES!!
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
I don't know anything about the oblivion universe and I'm going to pick this up when I can. I'd rather have the PS3 version anyways, and I want a good long game. Also have to build up my PS3 library anyways, all I have is COD3 and playing PS2 games (which I don't mind, but I want a new game)
LiquidMetal14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LiquidMetal14
Member since 2003 • 8196 Posts
Great decision to buy Oblivion. It's my first WRPG and I can tell you that it is awesome. PS3 really makes this game purr. Just got some new HDMI cables and all is great.
blackldragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blackldragon
Member since 2005 • 1540 Posts
Great I was still a little eh to buying it after checking around but after this I'll get it on thursday
cripset87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 cripset87
Member since 2004 • 315 Posts

Lol my brother (G-Legend) was one of the people to convince you.

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 trav_have

Lol my brother (G-Legend) was one of the people to convince you.

cripset87
Lol your bro is G-Legend? You can add me on PSN too if you have an account.
Great decision to buy Oblivion. It's my first WRPG and I can tell you that it is awesome. PS3 really makes this game purr. Just got some new HDMI cables and all is great.LiquidMetal14
Why do people keep replying like this though? I know the game is great, Ive had it for PC. Lol..just now I cant play it on PC, so Im gonna get it for PS3.
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 trav_have
bump
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 trav_have
bumptrav_have
Cyphus07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cyphus07
Member since 2007 • 189 Posts

I purchased Oblivion some time ago for my PC and had a lot of trouble with its stability. Every few minutes the game would crash and I would need to restart - needless to say saving was paramount. Otherwise, I enjoyed the game ....which I only played for a few hours before frustration set in. I decided to take a chance and purchase the PS3 version and I must say I have been everso pleased with that purchase. With an HDTV and HDMI cable handi the game has really come to life.

I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment. The visuals are stunning, a clear night and the stars lit up, its amazing the things they are doing with games these days. Playing the Atari still seems like yesterday and look at what we have now, simply amazing.

The non linear play of this game has become something I look for in every game. Games that do not have this...well I typically don't care for them. Linear, controlled and stiffled environments don't seem fun. Oblivion provides direction for the quests (some of which I would be lost in without it) but provides a world where you may participate in anything it has to offer at any time.

Thank you Bethesda for making such a wonderful and involved experience. I believe this format is the new future of gaming, long gone are the days of pacman.

Anyone that enjoys an RPG will love Oblivion (especially on the Ps3 and with HD). Anyone that hasn't played an RPG may find it more involved than you may be interested in. It takes time....its not a game you pick up and can put down in 20min like Resistance or Virtua Fighter, etc. There are easily a hundred hours of gameplay available...possibly more if you consider all the different character variations you can make.

Too long had I played the Knight/Warrior when I decided to play the assassin. Lets just say I am now the Guildmaster of the Thieves Guild and Listener of the Dark Brotherhood...what fun I had. :) :)

I don't regret my *sigh* 2nd purchase of this game.

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 trav_have

I purchased Oblivion some time ago for my PC and had a lot of trouble with its stability. Every few minutes the game would crash and I would need to restart - needless to say saving was paramount. Otherwise, I enjoyed the game ....which I only played for a few hours before frustration set in. I decided to take a chance and purchase the PS3 version and I must say I have been everso pleased with that purchase. With an HDTV and HDMI cable handi the game has really come to life.

I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment. The visuals are stunning, a clear night and the stars lit up, its amazing the things they are doing with games these days. Playing the Atari still seems like yesterday and look at what we have now, simply amazing.

The non linear play of this game has become something I look for in every game. Games that do not have this...well I typically don't care for them. Linear, controlled and stiffled environments don't seem fun. Oblivion provides direction for the quests (some of which I would be lost in without it) but provides a world where you may participate in anything it has to offer at any time.

Thank you Bethesda for making such a wonderful and involved experience. I believe this format is the new future of gaming, long gone are the days of pacman.

Anyone that enjoys an RPG will love Oblivion (especially on the Ps3 and with HD). Anyone that hasn't played an RPG may find it more involved than you may be interested in. It takes time....its not a game you pick up and can put down in 20min like Resistance or Virtua Fighter, etc. There are easily a hundred hours of gameplay available...possibly more if you consider all the different character variations you can make.

Too long had I played the Knight/Warrior when I decided to play the assassin. Lets just say I am now the Guildmaster of the Thieves Guild and Listener of the Dark Brotherhood...what fun I had. :) :)

I don't regret my *sigh* 2nd purchase of this game.

Cyphus07
Lol yeah. And to think that there will be a 5th Elder Scrolls...:O. I was leader of every guild on the PC, and yes it crashed, but not all the time..sometimes 30min apart and sometimes a couple hours( yeah I did play for that long of time periods ). Im gonna get this game next cheque I get at work...seeming as I only have like $240 in the bank and I dont like seeing my account have less than 200..lol its just a personal thing. Since Im 16 and now Im suppose to be saving for a car but I keep spending money on video games and lunch at school....:(.
crimson_axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 crimson_axe
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

[QUOTE="Pablo620"]dont cheat in games whats the pointtrav_have
Thats pretty much why im re-buying it. I cheated and just ran through the whole story, and ruined it. I want to actually get into it this time and train and stuff.

The story wasn't all that great.  How many times have you played a game where you started out as a prisoner, but somehow ended up being the prophetic savior of the world?  In fact... that was more or less the synopsis of ESIII, come to think of it.

Still, it's not like there is any other option of a "Next Gen" (if you want to call it that) RPG for the PS3.  Personally... it sucked on the PC and so it'll probably suck on the PS3 as well.  And before anyone calls me a PS3 hater - it sucked on the X360 too.....

...... Combat was a lot better than ESIII though - I'll give it that.  But it still sucked for trying to make it action oriented.  I mean... if you're going to go for a twitch system like that - then don't half ass it.