All the good people out there

This topic is locked from further discussion.

piemanngamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 piemanngamer
Member since 2007 • 481 Posts
Please let me know if there are any PS3 owners out there who arent jerks. I want a PS3 but from what I can tell from my last 2 threads the community is terrible. Please restore my faith in the PS3 community!
resistance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 resistance93
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts
don't worry PSN still has me :)
gamefreakomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gamefreakomega
Member since 2003 • 3732 Posts

Well, you may or may not be aware of this but the Internet is 99.99% jerks, it's not just the PS3 community.

Also, I have a PS3 and am capable of not being a jerk when I am so inclined.

white_jaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 white_jaguar
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts
I think a ps3 is a solid home entertainment device. The games are coming along well. I recently got mines on June 12th, and I love it. I think the blue ray player is the best u can buy. Just to let u know ps3 owners are generally older than 360 owners, so u will find good people. I would definitely suggest a ps3, and some of the best ps3 games are gonna be cheap soon, U can pick them at greatest hits price. Also the ps3 is a more of a Long term investment that will be rewarding.
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

See...

The way I see it as the following. The people that respond here, you can TELL who isnt 12. I mean, I can name names...But thats not what I wanna do.

I try to act and behave as a proper citizen on these boards n ps3 to the best of my ability. But from my eperiance playing online and coming here...Ive found that there will always be jerks. Youve got to learn to cope with em or ignore em. Simple as that. Ive met many inconsiderate ppl here and online that trash talk and such. Most of them being 12-14 acting like big tuff guys, whatever.

Cope or ignore my friend.

USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 USMC_Sn1per
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts

Please let me know if there are any PS3 owners out there who arent jerks. I want a PS3 but from what I can tell from my last 2 threads the community is terrible. Please restore my faith in the PS3 community!piemanngamer

TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 TrevCubsOr21
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts
No ever PS3 owner is a huge mean jerk, so please dont buy a PS3! lol jk, but how do you deal with people in general if you cant take a joke???
JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts
I did see your last couple of threads and yeah some people did come off like jerks, however the others just wanted to fuel the flame, as they knew it got to you. Don't pay them any mind man, they're just messing with you. But I honestly think the PS3 is a great investment. You'll find jerks on any online community, but if you have a solid friends list on PSN, those people will always be there to play online with, and there are many cool people on PSN.
piemanngamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 piemanngamer
Member since 2007 • 481 Posts
Thanks everyone
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
yay ps3 is awesome just get one .. lol .. ya dont worry PSN still got alot of nice poeple and u can add me when u get one :) .. anyway not eevryone r bad and ps3 is cool u will love it
USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 USMC_Sn1per

Thanks everyonepiemanngamer

ur welcome.:)

lol just kidding...get a ps3, ps3 has a great community! for sure there are some jerks but who cares? lol

kazamadevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kazamadevil
Member since 2008 • 328 Posts
There are lots of badasses out there but neh,ignore them and play with friends who aren't jerks. Besides its not just the PSN its the whole world, man.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

There are lots of badasses out there but neh,ignore them and play with friends who aren't jerks. Besides its not just the PSN its the whole world, man.kazamadevil

axactlly right :)

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts

omg i have been in this dude's last thread and he completely freaked out over a joke, just read it:

[QUOTE="SollidSnake_"]

[QUOTE="piemanngamer"]Thank you so much dudewolf. People have been jerks all day about this. I was seiously considering not getting a ps3 at all for fear of a terrible community . So thanks.piemanngamer

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL that was funny dude! get a ps3 so i see you more times! i'm lacking some good laughs! :D

O MY GOD!!!!!!!!! Are all PS3 owners like this?!?!?!?!?!?! I dont even care anymore i have a wii and thats all i need

childish kid.

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SollidSnake_

I did see your last couple of threads and yeah some people did come off like jerks, however the others just wanted to fuel the flame, as they knew it got to you. Don't pay them any mind man, they're just messing with you. But I honestly think the PS3 is a great investment. You'll find jerks on any online community, but if you have a solid friends list on PSN, those people will always be there to play online with, and there are many cool people on PSN.JCMac120

i saw no jerks in the other threads.. they just reacted to the comment he made in the post i made above.. like:

[QUOTE="piemanngamer"][QUOTE="SollidSnake_"]

[QUOTE="piemanngamer"]Thank you so much dudewolf. People have been jerks all day about this. I was seiously considering not getting a ps3 at all for fear of a terrible community . So thanks.Strife037

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL that was funny dude! get a ps3 so i see you more times! i'm lacking some good laughs! :D

O MY GOD!!!!!!!!! Are all PS3 owners like this?!?!?!?!?!?! I dont even care anymore i have a wii and thats all i need

well im ganna say ur prolly about 8-12 years old... really not a loss for us i think our community will some how survive.

or

[QUOTE="Strife037"][QUOTE="piemanngamer"][QUOTE="SollidSnake_"]

[QUOTE="piemanngamer"]Thank you so much dudewolf. People have been jerks all day about this. I was seiously considering not getting a ps3 at all for fear of a terrible community . So thanks.TrevCubsOr21

well im ganna say ur prolly about 8-12 years old... really not a loss for us i think our community will some how survive.

Yea I think well manage without babies like this! I dont see how nobody can take a joke, and by the way... if you tell be not to do somthing (like make a mean comment about your dumb qustion) then they will most definetly do it!

which i totally understand.. he expects what? to everyone just be as childish as him and take jokes as insults?! godamn, just grow up! and believe me, i am a good comunity member, i just cant take "childism".

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#16 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
I'm the harsh yet truth PS3 owner...with that said, it's pretty sad if you base your purchase on on Gamespot community and 2 threads.
The_Wild_Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 The_Wild_Tiger
Member since 2006 • 1712 Posts
from what ive seen on MGO for every jerk there is always a nice person
Bitties

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bitties
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts
There should always be faith that you'll meet people you enjoy. Just like in life, people are very different and you can just ignore the people you don't like (unless you have to work with them!). No big deal. Don't base a purchase on that though. Then you'd never buy a console. There are a-holes on all 3 consoles and that won't ever change.
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SollidSnake_
and the worst is deciding to get a console or not for a comunity in a forum... for god sake..
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SollidSnake_

@ "FAILED YOU HAVE" yoda post: LOOOOOL! that made me laugh so much my friend!

PHAILED

YOU HAVE NOT!

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts
dont worry about it!
willyc09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 willyc09
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts

Please let me know if there are any PS3 owners out there who arent jerks. I want a PS3 but from what I can tell from my last 2 threads the community is terrible. Please restore my faith in the PS3 community!piemanngamer

wait...you are going to decide on getting a PS3 based on the behaviour of OTHER ppl?? Thats just not right. Get it because you want it not based on some PS3 jerk off's being dumb haha. Its like any other place, jerks are found everywhere. You take the good with the bad my friend. :)

USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 USMC_Sn1per

[QUOTE="piemanngamer"]Please let me know if there are any PS3 owners out there who arent jerks. I want a PS3 but from what I can tell from my last 2 threads the community is terrible. Please restore my faith in the PS3 community!willyc09

wait...you are going to decide on getting a PS3 based on the behaviour of OTHER ppl?? Thats just not right. Get it because you want it not based on some PS3 jerk off's being dumb haha. Its like any other place, jerks are found everywhere. You take the good with the bad my friend. :)

thats the proof that hes just a little kid...

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
Trust me...no matter where you go, it will only get worse. XBL, internet, steam...all full of idiots.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
No matter what, you'll always come across a few jerks online, it's normal, not everyone is going to be a decent player. Just ignore them, that's all I can say.
bigmouthkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#26 bigmouthkid
Member since 2006 • 3425 Posts
There are online jerks everywhere man. You're just gonna have to cope with it. My friend has X-box live and there are so many of them there that it's crazy. There are alot on PSN too. Especialy when playing Soul Calibur 4 online. You're just gonna have to cope with it. Nuff said!
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
I'm sorry I have to say this, but that pic was a true laugh. No offence piemanngamer. But regarding the PS3, of what I see you iwn a Wii, and the PS3 would in fact please you, considering, this system is in it's prime. Many multi-plat titles look the same. Reason: Developers have to make both versions (360, PS3) alike so there is not one side better than the opposition, but when you look at PS3's exclusives, they are all top notch, because they can lead each game to a non-lesser platform pleasing, if you catch my drift.It's pretty much an investment. You'll enjoy owning it, and quite frankly, you'll learn how much more there is to the system.
filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 filiwian
Member since 2007 • 2232 Posts
Yeah there are still people out there in the community who aren't jerks.
sdughui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sdughui
Member since 2008 • 156 Posts
i not a jerk
diego1287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 diego1287
Member since 2005 • 56 Posts

im not a jerk mate if you buy a PS3 you can add me (diego_eldu) ... i hate that some people thinks that they're better than anyone else and start making fun of others

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#31 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
it does not matter what u do or were you go or what system you play on. you will always have to deal with jerks,trolls and rabid fanboism. the Wii forum and 360 forum is no deffernt. i mean there is a GUY on the Wii forum who wins the grand prize for rabid foaming at the mouth fanboy lol. therer every wear ;)
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SollidSnake_

[QUOTE="piemanngamer"]Please let me know if there are any PS3 owners out there who arent jerks. I want a PS3 but from what I can tell from my last 2 threads the community is terrible. Please restore my faith in the PS3 community!diego1287

im not a jerk mate if you buy a PS3 you can add me (diego_eldu) ... i hate that some people thinks that they're better than anyone else and start making fun of others

i like people making fun of me. makes me laugh. i dont think the problem is in the community (excluding some evident (and quite numerous) exceptions) but in people not growing up.. and taking everything as an insult and starting a war over it. *activates anti-flame armor*

diego1287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 diego1287
Member since 2005 • 56 Posts
[QUOTE="diego1287"]

[QUOTE="piemanngamer"]Please let me know if there are any PS3 owners out there who arent jerks. I want a PS3 but from what I can tell from my last 2 threads the community is terrible. Please restore my faith in the PS3 community!SollidSnake_

i like people making fun of me. makes me laugh. i dont think the problem is in the community (excluding some evident (and quite numerous) exceptions) but in people not growing up.. and taking everything as an insult and starting a war over it. *activates anti-flame armor*

lol some people who makes fun of me makes me laugh sometimes, but some insult and thats not ok

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SonyMarksman70
[QUOTE="diego1287"]

[QUOTE="piemanngamer"]Please let me know if there are any PS3 owners out there who arent jerks. I want a PS3 but from what I can tell from my last 2 threads the community is terrible. Please restore my faith in the PS3 community!SollidSnake_

Wait, can you tell those evident people?Before I start any amateur blogs or other stuff, I would like to be informed, to know who is just a troll or other what nots.(That way I won't bother with them.).
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SonyMarksman70
[QUOTE="diego1287"]

Wait, can you tell those evident people?Before I start any amateur blogs or other stuff, I would like to be informed, to know who is just a troll or other what nots.(That way I won't bother with them.).
iJeff32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 iJeff32
Member since 2008 • 354 Posts

See...

The way I see it as the following. The people that respond here, you can TELL who isnt 12. I mean, I can name names...But thats not what I wanna do.

I try to act and behave as a proper citizen on these boards n ps3 to the best of my ability. But from my eperiance playing online and coming here...Ive found that there will always be jerks. Youve got to learn to cope with em or ignore em. Simple as that. Ive met many inconsiderate ppl here and online that trash talk and such. Most of them being 12-14 acting like big tuff guys, whatever.

Cope or ignore my friend.

navigata

Yay I'm 15 so I'm not in that category :P . Yeah it's not just the PS3 community, it's the whole internet. I apologize on behalf of the idiots in the world....but that's life. I try to be nice, but sometimes people do push my buttons :P . Anyway, just don't worry about it. People will always get under your skin, part of growing up is learning how to deal with it :) .

Get a PS3 if you want it, who cares about other PS3 people. Most PSN friends I have made were nice actually.

jmig556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jmig556
Member since 2003 • 110 Posts
if you are going to start absurd threads like this often, maybe you shouldn't get a ps3 and save us all some grief.
mfleury87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mfleury87
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

Buying a PlayStation 3 is your decision alone, and if you ask for my personal opinion I think it's worth the price-tag its selling for. It's got some good games make sure you check out Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted Drake's Fortune, Resistance, Warhawk(from what I hear it's really good haven't played it yet but plan on picking it up), Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, to name a few. For me personally I think it's coming along pretty good, sales are picking up and theres a wealth of content on the PSN Store.

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SollidSnake_
[QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="diego1287"]

[QUOTE="piemanngamer"]Please let me know if there are any PS3 owners out there who arent jerks. I want a PS3 but from what I can tell from my last 2 threads the community is terrible. Please restore my faith in the PS3 community!SonyMarksman70

lol dude you didnt get what i said (thanks for the sarcasm but i dont need it :P) what i meant is that it is EVIDENT/OBVIOUS that there exist exceptions to what i stated.. and that they are quite numerous.. and that they suck. got it m8?!

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SonyMarksman70
What? Sure, but I wasn't being sarcastic or bashful, I really wanted to know. That would have been a horrible insult if it was sarcastic actually.
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SollidSnake_
[QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="diego1287"]

[QUOTE="piemanngamer"]Please let me know if there are any PS3 owners out there who arent jerks. I want a PS3 but from what I can tell from my last 2 threads the community is terrible. Please restore my faith in the PS3 community!diego1287

lol some people who makes fun of me makes me laugh sometimes, but some insult and thats not ok

ok, those suck.. that's the line that separates a joke from an insult.. and yes, thats not ok. if you visit the first page of this thread you see a quote of a joke with no harm and kid just overreacted about it and made a huge fuss about it and goes and creates the thread you're currently typing/reading from.. thats what i meant when people instead of creating flaws in others should first look at themselves and grow up. *feels stupid for showing so much of a personal opinion and goes cut himself*

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SollidSnake_

What? Sure, but I wasn't being sarcastic or bashful, I really wanted to know. That would have been a horrible insult if it was sarcastic actually.SonyMarksman70

OH ok it really seemed so.. i wouldnt have taken it personally.. well... =S i dont tend to memorize the jerks nicknames.. i tend to ignore/forget about them (even tho i might have gotten worked up in some thread cause of one.. after that i tendto forget =P)

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SonyMarksman70
Hey, go back to page 1 and read my last post man, you seemed to have tooken the wrong way, It wasn't a sarcastic attempt at all, that would've been the worst statement if it was. lol
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SonyMarksman70

[QUOTE="SonyMarksman70"]What? Sure, but I wasn't being sarcastic or bashful, I really wanted to know. That would have been a horrible insult if it was sarcastic actually.SollidSnake_

OH ok it really seemed so.. i wouldnt have taken it personally.. well... =S i dont tend to memorize the jerks nicknames.. i tend to ignore/forget about them (even tho i might have gotten worked up in some thread cause of one.. after that i tendto forget =P)

Okay, my last post was by mistake so nvm it. Anyhow, is this thread legit? Of is he trying to get attention?
pokerchamp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pokerchamp1
Member since 2005 • 1419 Posts
[QUOTE="SollidSnake_"]

[QUOTE="SonyMarksman70"]What? Sure, but I wasn't being sarcastic or bashful, I really wanted to know. That would have been a horrible insult if it was sarcastic actually.SonyMarksman70

Okay, my last post was by mistake so nvm it. Anyhow, is this thread legit? Of is he trying to get attention?

Marrkkkk, What up, G? And TC, You can add me! i won't be on for awhile though...seeing that my ps3 overheated. :(
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SollidSnake_
[QUOTE="SollidSnake_"]

[QUOTE="SonyMarksman70"]What? Sure, but I wasn't being sarcastic or bashful, I really wanted to know. That would have been a horrible insult if it was sarcastic actually.SonyMarksman70

he isnt trying to get attention he is just a childish kid.. (if you look at the quote i made from the threads he says he got insulted by jerks you'll notice what he overreacted and cryed about.. just something to ignore..)

War_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 War_Martyr
Member since 2007 • 598 Posts
Don't worry about it, bro. I just got my PS3 and I don't have any regrets. But if you're too worried about bullies, just play online with like-minded bretheren. We still got some chill gamers here.