All Psp Go owners! this is a very serious thing...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demoman314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 demoman314
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts

If you decide to trade in your Go make sure your credit/debit card information is off of there. I am letting you know this because i formatted my HDD on it but my card information was still on there and just today i had unconfirmed purchases being made on the playstation network with my card. This is serious, and i am going to contact Sony, so everyone just so you know, delete your card informaiton as well becasue formating your HDD wont do it.

starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
Thx for the warning but I don't plan on selling mine.
myst3rial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 myst3rial
Member since 2009 • 272 Posts
Well.. PSP should have some feature in its firmware to clean up private data (like credit card number or profile info). But it's up to you to check if credit card number exists even after formatting PSPGo internal memory. I don't think that Sony will do something with your problem. It's sad that someone wasn't fair and used your card.. :/
JEFZILLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 JEFZILLA
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

If you decide to trade in your Go make sure your credit/debit card information is off of there. I am letting you know this because i formatted my HDD on it but my card information was still on there and just today i had unconfirmed purchases being made on the playstation network with my card. This is serious, and i am going to contact Sony, so everyone just so you know, delete your card informaiton as well becasue formating your HDD wont do it.

demoman314
Dam that suck's...Hopefully Sony refund's your cash back.
Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

[QUOTE="demoman314"]

JEFZILLA

Dam that suck's...Hopefully Sony refund's your cash back.

Yes. It wouldn't hurt to call Sony, but first you should call your bank and have your credit card cancelled. Explain your story to them that someone is committing CC fraud with an online acccount of yours. Maybe your bank could help you get that money back. You might have a better chance with them than with Sony.

superdeathduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 superdeathduck
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Hey, I just wanted to say I hope this all works out for you. CC fraud is awful. Good luck!

gho5ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 gho5ty
Member since 2006 • 363 Posts

demoman314

sony is lame on helping people they might give sum bs like its your problem. The best bet is too go back too where u sold it and see if they have info on the person and try to contact them about refunding your money back and maybe takeing you info off it.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#8 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, man! I was planning on selling my old PSP (since I bought a new one). I'll be sure to do that. Oh, and hope you get that problem sorted out soon, man.
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

I would be SOOOOOO pissed off.

Good work posting this info, hopefully Sony won't allow Go users to be any more ripped off than they already are.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

wow, thats totally unfortunate. Hopefully you can hunt that person down and do "horrible things" to them.....

scotthulluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 scotthulluk
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts
Good advice dont plan on trading mine in though i prefer it over my old PSP no more lugging round UMDS :)
lewisg1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 lewisg1212
Member since 2005 • 1698 Posts
craaapp.....traded in mine a couple of weeks ago at HMV....no purchases on my card yet, maybe i got an honest buyer :S