This topic is locked from further discussion.

benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 benny_boy98
Member since 2015 • 485 Posts

Is there any way at all to reduce the aliasing in gta 5 for ps4 it's so irritating.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Your TV probably has an option for sharpening, decrease it. It's probably the only option.

benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 benny_boy98
Member since 2015 • 485 Posts

@Epak_: i know that I've calibrated it as good as i can but when i lower the sharpness it doesn't go away it just makes everything look softer and the aliasing looks thicker but still very noticeable.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

The aliasing in GTA 5 isn't even the worst I've seen, play some Bloodborne and GTA will look super smooth compared to it.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

This is like your third thread on this. No besides buying a pc you can't do anything about it.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Please stop making duplicate threads or threads with almost identical topics.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/gta-5-aliasing-32181719/

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/gta-5-bad-jaggies-32176435/

www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-and-av-hardware-909394553/sick-of-consoles-32178333/

I appreciate that you are having the following issue:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/playstation-nation-1000002/really-need-help-with-my-ocd-32172593/

But we only need one thread on this topic. If you are dissatisfied with your PS4's graphics, you should sell it and get a PC as you discussed in the PC thread. That's the nature of consoles: the graphics of a game are what they are. Some tweaking of TV settings can have some impact on the final presentation, but it's not going to improve in any meaningful way. See my point made in the PC thread, though... if you're suffering from OCD over the graphics quality you'll have even more things to worry about on a PC, even if it has the customizability to attack your aliasing issue. Also note: anti-aliasing is an imperfect collection of techniques - not only do they put a hit on performance but none do a perfect job. And the less the performance cost of the AA technique you select, the less impressive the outcome is. We have threads on here complaining about the "shimmering around the edges" in some games from their AA when it is turned on. So, just be warned - there's no magic bullet

I'm locking this as a duplicate