Al right..... Wtf is wrong with my controllers........

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Logan832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Logan832
Member since 2006 • 2168 Posts

I woke up this morning and my two controllers are having big problems. They turn on the PS3 fine, and work while on the PS3 XMB. When I get into the browser, a game, or the PSN store the controls do not work at all (not even the analog). When I bring up a text box, the controllers continuosly press the X button by itself.

This is really pi$$ing me off...... I tried resarting the controllers by pressing the button on the back, I replugged the controllers into the USB port, nothing is working! I do not have the box the controllers came in, nor do I have the reciept. I figured paying $50 for a controller would at least work for a year!

Does anyone else know what I can do to fix this problem? Im not sending them in either, unless Sony pays for the shipping and handling plus repairing costs. I remember on the gamecube, if you pressed a certain sequence of buttons, the problem would be fixed.

E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 E_x_i_l_e
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
Wireless technology is bound to run into some problems. At times my controller locks up and I lose control of the game for a moment.
Logan832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Logan832

Wireless technology is bound to run into some problems. At times my controller locks up and I lose control of the game for a moment.E_x_i_l_e

I restarted my PS3 and controllers a bunch of times.....

Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Liams
Member since 2003 • 1704 Posts

[QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]Wireless technology is bound to run into some problems. At times my controller locks up and I lose control of the game for a moment.Logan832

Don't want to worry you dude but a similar thing happened to my PSP (the buttons seemed to be constantly depressing themselves) I was told it was un-repairable and that the mother-board had gone. I'd get onto SONY customer services straight away.

BoD_GOA_French

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 BoD_GOA_French
Member since 2006 • 971 Posts

[QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]Wireless technology is bound to run into some problems. At times my controller locks up and I lose control of the game for a moment.Logan832

Why is it I always see threads on this site by you camplaining about something?  Are you ever happy? 

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
This happened to me once and it just disappeared after a week and hasn't happened since.  It happened when my lil cousin sat on my controller and if I remember correctly the R2 trigger clicked into place when I fully depressed it before I tried to get it to work again.
svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts
Did you hook them back up through the usb? Did you check all the buttons so none of them are pressed down?
Logan832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Logan832

Did you hook them back up through the usb? Did you check all the buttons so none of them are pressed down?svenskamerikan

Yes and yes.. =(

jrlc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 jrlc1
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
the button may be jammed, you could open it up and unjam it, or somehow try to unjam it without opening it.
Logan832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Logan832

the button may be jammed, you could open it up and unjam it, or somehow try to unjam it without opening it. jrlc1

When I press all the buttons down they pop back up normally. This truely sucks.

TLHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TLHope
Member since 2003 • 57 Posts

Yeah, this happened to me too.  My controller work in the XMB but when I start a game up the buttons stop working.  Only the PS button and the D pad work It works about 10% of the time though.  I'm trying to figure out whats going on.

svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts

you do the hard-reboot pressing the power-button for a long time - search the forum for detail :)

Also try changing port assignment finally - any bluetooth products around at all / wireless - anything new?

lennygundam14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lennygundam14
Member since 2004 • 827 Posts
if the controllers dont work, it must be that the OS inside the COntroller is corrupt.  Yes, the controllers have an OS.  to reset it use a pin, and insert it in a small hole thats in back of the controller, its near the R2 button, just poke it and your good, and if its not that then contact Customer Service