This topic is locked from further discussion.

juan530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 juan530
Member since 2007 • 493 Posts

the akimbo models suck now in mw2 they have no range even with fmj its seems that a single model is just as strong and have more range why did they do this. i could understand that they did it because people hella used them. i used to like them with my sniper class but now i feel that the other shotguns are better now

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
You complain when they're powerful, you complain when they're weak...
ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
They did it 'cause so many people complained about them.
juan530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 juan530
Member since 2007 • 493 Posts

You complain when they're powerful, you complain when they're weak...Adziboy

i hated thatpeople used them as thier main gun gun to get all their kills i dont care if they use them sparringly now they are the worst shotguns in the game a single model is even better than akimbo

LS-Injection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LS-Injection
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts

Everyones always moaning. No offence to you bro, but if you can't beat them join 'em. If you don't like them anymore use something like the SPAS (super range on that) its simple. For every problem there is a solution, and the problem in MW2 was patched, the solution if you don't like it is, use a different shotgun.

krsvbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 krsvbg
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

[QUOTE="Adziboy"]You complain when they're powerful, you complain when they're weak...juan530

i hated thatpeople used them as thier main gun gun to get all their kills i dont care if they use them sparringly now they are the worst shotguns in the game a single model is even better than akimbo

Pshh... yeah, cause people REALLY used them sparringly. Dealing with Akimbos is annoying as ****. It's even more annoying than dealing with Commandos.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Spas12 has ridiculous range it isn't even fair.

LS-Injection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LS-Injection

Spas12 has ridiculous range it isn't even fair.

Scianix-Black
I agree, that is why i love it so! Scar-H Silenced/Noobtube Spas Grip Marathon Pro Cold Blooded Pro Ninja Pro Woo, i love to unleash a can of whoopass with that class!
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
Stop calling them "models" its the 1887. All guns are model something. What do you think M in M16 stands for. Hell go ahead and call the magazine a clip since you dont own a gun...
dbaron26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dbaron26
Member since 2009 • 158 Posts

Stop calling them "models" its the 1887. All guns are model something. What do you think M in M16 stands for. Hell go ahead and call the magazine a clip since you dont own a gun... YoungSinatra25

I call them models or 18s so what. To point out your own mistake its M16A(insert different generation number here 1,2,3,4) and thats just the military issuse used to designate the civilian name of AR-15, designed by Armalite than bought by Colt. Why not point out its cartridge/round not bullets!!!1!??!!

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

Non of this would of have even been an issue had IW made shotguns a primary weapon in the first place. What were they thinking?

BigBoss96fs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BigBoss96fs
Member since 2009 • 212 Posts

It started as the XM16E1 for military, AR15 for civilian. all military rifles start with an X before the M, then adopt just the M after the experimental phase. So it didn't truely start with the M16A1. just nitpicking. but seriously, i haven't played MW2 in awhile, but i was at my brothers and he was playin campaign, and i noticed on the M4 when the rifle was entirely emptied, the player inserts a fresh mag, but never charges a round. anyone notice this?

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts

[QUOTE="YoungSinatra25"]Stop calling them "models" its the 1887. All guns are model something. What do you think M in M16 stands for. Hell go ahead and call the magazine a clip since you dont own a gun... dbaron26

I call them models or 18s so what. To point out your own mistake its M16A(insert different generation number here 1,2,3,4) and thats just the military issuse used to designate the civilian name of AR-15, designed by Armalite than bought by Colt. Why not point out its cartridge/round not bullets!!!1!??!!

Wikipedia. Lol.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts
this discussion is completely off-topic guys... on-topic, i think the akimob models are really good, you can run a cycle of bullets by just constantly alternating barrels....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Non of this would of have even been an issue had IW made shotguns a primary weapon in the first place. What were they thinking?

caseystryker
that would have been even more fail... a lot of the MW2 combat has gone long range.... shotguns would become non-existent if they were made primary....
dbaron26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dbaron26
Member since 2009 • 158 Posts

[QUOTE="dbaron26"]

[QUOTE="YoungSinatra25"]Stop calling them "models" its the 1887. All guns are model something. What do you think M in M16 stands for. Hell go ahead and call the magazine a clip since you dont own a gun... Adziboy

Wikipedia. Lol.

Nope, worked at Armalite for awhile.

fdd10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 fdd10
Member since 2009 • 76 Posts

[QUOTE="Adziboy"][QUOTE="dbaron26"]

dbaron26

Wikipedia. Lol.

Nope, worked at Armalite for awhile.

I'm thinking the Wikipedia thing is correct

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

[QUOTE="caseystryker"]

yarou1000

that would have been even more fail... a lot of the MW2 combat has gone long range.... shotguns would become non-existent if they were made primary....

How would that be worse then what it is now? When you can run around with akimbo shotguns, lightweight, and marathon and own 75% of the people you encounter without even pulling out your primary weapon, something is wrong. It's not like they wouldn't have any long range alternatives. The pp2000 is a great mid range weapon and pretty decent at long range, as is the raffica.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
[QUOTE="yarou1000"][QUOTE="caseystryker"]

caseystryker

How would that be worse then what it is now. When you can run around with akimbo shotguns, lightweight, and marathon and own 75% of the people you encounter without even pulling out your primary weapon, something is wrong.

i never deal with this when i play... and i play a lot.... most people who run their secondaries as their prefered weapon usually dont finish with good scores
BigBoss96fs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BigBoss96fs

I run akimbo M93 raffica's all the time and almost always finish first. I run a lot and secondaries give that extra speed boost, lets you get out before the **** spawn puts them right behind you. Top that with harrier, pavelow, and chopper gunner and i'm doin 40-3 easy.

LS-Injection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LS-Injection
...most people who run their secondaries as their prefered weapon usually dont finish with good scoresyarou1000
I agree. But i was playing on Scrapyard, Domination.. when i had the 1887 Akimbo.. i got lucky i admit due to a bit of tactical play (some may call it camping but whatever) but i got a 76 killstreak out of it, yeah took me by surprise too, first time I've had a perfect connection. And OK not just using the 1887, i was using my primary too, but i used them as my main overall racking up kills, i was playing against a bunch of novices but you know.. i came first. My story :lol:
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#22 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

IMO...I think the M1012 is the most balanced(Range and Power)shotgun in MW2.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#23 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

[QUOTE="caseystryker"][QUOTE="yarou1000"] that would have been even more fail... a lot of the MW2 combat has gone long range.... shotguns would become non-existent if they were made primary....yarou1000
How would that be worse then what it is now. When you can run around with akimbo shotguns, lightweight, and marathon and own 75% of the people you encounter without even pulling out your primary weapon, something is wrong.

i never deal with this when i play... and i play a lot.... most people who run their secondaries as their prefered weapon usually dont finish with good scores

That statement is partly true, it all depends on how well your teammates play. I love the ACR but I use the striker or M1012 as my primary weapon and I usually finishwith average to great scores. But I think that my perks are what give me the real advantage, I use the marthon and ninja perks...most of the time the enemy never see's me coming.

LS-Injection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LS-Injection
Marathon Cold Blooded Ninja Can get you ridiculous kills.. :D
metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 metalicelvis
Member since 2008 • 716 Posts

I have to say im pretty shocked by this thread. I ALWAYS use Akimbo P90s or Vectors and i've only ever seen 1 other person using them on killcam. I thought I was a minority LOL...

Anyways i didn't even know they'd nerfed it, i've been playing today and hardly noticed a change.

BigBoss96fs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BigBoss96fs
they just nerfed the akimbo model 1887's. so your p90s and vectors are all good. '** message to original post author** this is what happens when simply calling them "models" or "akimbo".
BigBoss96fs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BigBoss96fs

To be honest, i think secondary weapons are overpowered in this game. i can get a kill with less shots from the pp2000 or the raffica than an M4 or ACR. And both those secondary weapons have pretty damn good range. I was pissed they nerfed the 1887s just cause i was tied up with the Bad Company 2 and MAG beta so i put MW2 down right before i unlocked them. To me, getting raped by akimbo model 1887s was a right of passage for pre LVL 67 players in MW2.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#28 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Akimbo is for noobs

BigBoss96fs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BigBoss96fs

Ive learned everything that beats an unskilled player is "for noobs". I'm curious what isn't "for noobs". I find "noob" weapons to be the ones that new players think are cool but are terrible in the game, i.e. Akimbo Desert Eagles (or a single Desert Eagle for that matter). But akimbo 93Rafficas or akimbo auto glocks i would hardly consider noob, those take skill. It seems like no matter what I use (i tend to use a large variety of guns) i get told they are noob guns when i'm owning someone in the game. Its to the point that I find it a compliment for killing someone.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I don't like the akimbo shotguns, rangers and 1887. They ruin the game (along with other stupid crap). I haven't played in a week though.