This topic is locked from further discussion.

bbarrick10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bbarrick10
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts
i have a friend who is wondering if he can use his aircard to connect to his ps3. is there any way to do this maybe via computer or straight to the ps. i believe his aircard is through a usb. anyone have personal experience with this?
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Aircard? Like for a laptop?
bbarrick10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bbarrick10
yea. for a laptop through a cellular phone provider
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Duckman5
I don't know if that will work. I have no personal experience with them but does it output a signal like a router or is it just from the card to the provider?
bbarrick10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bbarrick10
it is straight from provider to card to whatever the card is plugged into and it plugs in a usb port but you have to download software to run it on pc so i dont know if you can download any software to ps3. or if youd wanna try for that matter.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Duckman5
I don't think it will work.
Srailsback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Srailsback
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Actually it will work in a round about way. You need a wireless router made by cradlepoint. The Aircard hooks into the router, and the router pumps out Wi-Fi which the PS3 can receive. If you need more info shoot me an email.
shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shady_825
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts
Actually, you don't need a wireless router at all. You only need the PS3, the computer the card is plugged into, an ethernet cord, and of course the card. I just figured this same thing out for myself last week. Send me a PM and I'll tell you all about it.
shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shady_825

Actually, screw sending me the message. It would probably help more people if I just posted it in the forums.

I have a Verizon Wireless Mobile Broadband card plugged into my laptop because no one in my house has a desktop and we never bothered around with WiFi. I assume this aircard you speak of is similar to mine.

First, connect to the internet with your card. For me there's an application I have to run where I basically just open the app and click Connect. If you have XP (which I really hope you do because I haven't tried this on any other OS) open your Network Connections menu. This can either be done by opening the "Start" menu, highlighting "Connect to" and clicking "Show all connections", or by opening the Control Panel from the Start menu and selecting "Network Connections".

In the Network Connections menu, find your current connection. It'll be the one that says "Connected" in gray letters under the title. I don't know if they all are, but for some reason mine was under the Dial-Up category on the list. Next, on the same menu, look for the "LAN or High-Speed Internet" category. You should have a setting there called "Local Area Connection". I have two. You want the one that doesn't say anything about WWAN or Wireless. It should say something about your ethernet card if you leave the mouse cursor hovering over it.

Now that you've identified both settings, right click the first one you found (the one that says "Connected") and click "Properties". Once that menu opens, click the "Advanced" tab. Check the box under "Internet Connection Sharing" that says "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection." In the "Home Network Connection" box, type the name of the second connection you found in the previous step (the one that uses your ethernet card). On some computers, instead of allowing you to type anything, that box will drop down and show a list of all your connections. Either way, you know which to pick. Click "OK", and fire up your PS3.

Now, at this point I plugged one end of an ethernet cord in my PS3 and the other into my laptop. Your computer might say something to let you know it has established a Local Area Connection. Log in to any Playstation Network registered profile on your PS3 and open Network Settings under the Settings tab. Go to "Internet Connections Settings". I was able to click "Easy" and my PS3 did all the work from there.

If any of this is unclear or it doesn't work, message me and I'll try to be more helpful. I'm not a computer wiz by any stretch but I wanna help if I can.

187doc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 187doc
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

What aircard will work for the ps3

187doc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 187doc
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

So if I go get A aircard from verizon it will work

BlueTsujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BlueTsujin
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts

So if I go get A aircard from verizon it will work

187doc

as long as you have a computer to hook it up to.

moshakirby18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 moshakirby18
Member since 2006 • 1665 Posts
WTF is an aircard?
I'm going to pretend it's a wireless network card you use for broadband on planes (I've gotta be pretty close, right)?

Plug it into your laptop as normal, go to network connections, right click the aircard, go to properties, "Advanced" tab, tick the box for Internet Connection Sharing.

Plug your PS3 in via ethernet.
shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shady_825

WTF is an aircard?
I'm going to pretend it's a wireless network card you use for broadband on planes (I've gotta be pretty close, right)?

Plug it into your laptop as normal, go to network connections, right click the aircard, go to properties, "Advanced" tab, tick the box for Internet Connection Sharing.

Plug your PS3 in via ethernet.
moshakirby18

Um...yeah you're basically right. What board on the Playstation Blog is your sig from?

Avatar image for All-in-da-wrist
All-in-da-wrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 All-in-da-wrist
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hey bro, I know you managed to connect, but can you play online with the card? If so, is there bad latency? P.S. (PSN)forthesakeofman
owen890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 owen890
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
what is the router called
owen890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 owen890
hey i need help please send me a message how to use it.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
The verison USB things? Just plug an Ethernet from your laptop too your ps3. (Boom problem solved, you also have to allow network sharing)
owen890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 owen890
i did i didnt work
owen890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 owen890
is there a diagram out there any were on the internet if so could u direct me to it thanks
zawarwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zawarwar
For everybody that is wanting to know more information about air cards. If you are intending to use the aircard on your PS3 or XBOX or any other gaming console. It is possible, but i would like to let you know of ONE FACT. if you get any air card besides Sprint you will have overages, meaning you will exceed your 5GB usage limit and end up with an extremly expensive bill. Choose SPRINT 3G/4G aircard and use at all times the 4G(average 8Mbps speed download and 2Mbps upload) network which doesnt not have a CAP "unlimited usage" I am big on gaming and one my favorite games is MAG on PS3 which i use my aircard to play on. BETTER YET MY OVERDRIVE which is a WiFi hotspot. if you need any more information about how to go about this shoot me an email at YCHARLS@HOTMAIL.COM. I work for Sprint Corp and i can help you set up an account with a massive discount(20%+) no matter where you are. Consider it a favor to a fellow Gamer.
Wheatslicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wheatslicer
do have instructions for windows 7 and a Alltel card
Wheatslicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wheatslicer
does it use all of ur bandwith even when u use ur computer and a ethernet cable
Wheatslicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Wheatslicer
and how much is the the Sprint aircard and subscription
bravesfan1022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bravesfan1022
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
can i use a verizon hotspot air card to sign up to playstation network
bravesfan1022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bravesfan1022
can someone help me about my aircard... i was wondering if i could use my verizon hotspot aircard to play playstation network online and be able to play call of duty blackops with all of my friends
Avatar image for amo_de_barrio97
amo_de_barrio97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 amo_de_barrio97
do you need a laptop can u just use a router?
trburdette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 trburdette
Thanks for the information. I have tried everything to no success. I am going to do what you recommended and hope to be live by tonight.