A nice 2-player offline (split screen) game wanted!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CaIypzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CaIypzo
Member since 2012 • 125 Posts
My friend and me are looking for a funny, long and upgrade-possible game. Lord Of The Rings was PERFECT! We completed it 5 times: on easy, normal, hard, ledgendary and heroïc. Now we are looking for such a game as well. Our favorite game type are RPG's but if you know a good shooter upgradable-possibility game, let me know :D I always look to the price, but just say youre games on youre mind. Bring it on!
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Borderlands - It's great playing it Co-Op splitscreen with a friend. Many think it's better playing with a friend than by yourself. It has 3 really good expansions, and one so-so expansion (Moxxi's Underdome). If you buy the Borderlands GOTY edition all 4 expansions are included with the game for under $30.

Borderlands 2 is also really fun in the same way. It has hours of fun co-op play. No expansions yet, but they are coming.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Borderlands 2 could interest you, if you both love the loot system, you'll want to do at least three playthrough. Each time the game gets harder.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

does it have to be split-screen?

if not, and you mentioned you like RPGs, then get Tales of Graces f, its an RPG, and you can have up to 4 players participate in battle with you, it's a very good game

CaIypzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CaIypzo
I will look to borderlands 1 and 2, thanks And it hasn't to be split screen but it has to be offline. Just 1 disc, 1 PS3, 1 tv and 2 controllers :D
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 killerband55

I will look to borderlands 1 and 2, thanks And it hasn't to be split screen but it has to be offline. Just 1 disc, 1 PS3, 1 tv and 2 controllers :DCaIypzo

well Tales of Graces f is offline for up to 4 players, but 2 players is fine as well

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I will look to borderlands 1 and 2, thanks And it hasn't to be split screen but it has to be offline. Just 1 disc, 1 PS3, 1 tv and 2 controllers :DCaIypzo

If you have PS+ the first Borderlands is one of the free games this month. They were running a package with all 4 DLCs for $10. I'm not sure if that deal is still active or not, but if nothing else you could try the game and see if it is a good fit for you.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#8 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

I found the two player survival maps in Modern Warfare 3 pretty fun.

csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

lord of the rings: War in the North offers split screen co-op and is pretty cheap nowwadays. Borderlands/Borderlands 2 would be good choices too.

CaIypzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CaIypzo

lord of the rings: War in the North offers split screen co-op and is pretty cheap nowwadays. Borderlands/Borderlands 2 would be good choices too.

csadhoo
I have noticed LOTR War in The North before in my question.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#11 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Buy Borderlands 1 GOTY edition. Its only about $30 max. It comes with all DLC.

RPG shooter that, with playing all dlc too, will take you guys a long time. I'd wait until Borderlands 2 comes out with a GOTY edition to get all dlc.

You can play splitscreen with one other person, or online with 4 other players. Voice chat available.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
If you buy PS+ you can get Borderlands 1 as well as Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One for free. Both are great local co-op games.
csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

my bad. i thought you were reffering to Return of the king lol

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#14 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts
  • Borderlands
  • Trine
  • Dead Nation
IC3_C0LD_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 IC3_C0LD_ZERO
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts

Borderlands and Army of Two 1 & 2

Dysantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dysantic
Member since 2003 • 1624 Posts

A really underrated splitscreen co-op game is Resistance 1. It had splitscreen campaign mode which was really fun even though they always refer to the main character in the cutscenes as being the lone wolf while the second player is standing right there. Oh, and the second player character is black too. My brother and I joked he was the forgotten black guy who saved the world with Hale. Hahahaha

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

Hellboy Science of Evil is what you're looking for maybe, but it's quite underrated. But seriously, if you liked War in the North, then get LOTR Conquest. It's the most underrated game of all time. It has co-op and competitive modes, a huge galore of heroes, four different classes and a big bunch of maps (more than Black Ops, where you pay 20 buck to get 4 maps). Oh, and did I forget to mention it's my favorite game of all time?

CaIypzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CaIypzo

Hellboy Science of Evil is what you're looking for maybe, but it's quite underrated. But seriously, if you liked War in the North, then get LOTR Conquest. It's the most underrated game of all time. It has co-op and competitive modes, a huge galore of heroes, four different classes and a big bunch of maps (more than Black Ops, where you pay 20 buck to get 4 maps). Oh, and did I forget to mention it's my favorite game of all time?

LordTrexGuy
I know that game, i got it on my PC. But there are no upgrade possibilities, that's the most important thing XD
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

Borderlands, Lost Planet 2.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 killerband55

Resident Evil 6 just came out and that has 2 player offline split-screen

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Borderlands 2, definitely. Also you could give one of the Call of Duty games a try (I'd recommend Black Ops out of the ones so far, but Black Ops 2 which is coming out soon would also be worth a look.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#22 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
If you like RPGs, I think you'll really dig Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It's a Action RPG, and it is a whole lot of fun.